1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Texans should change logo/uniform scheme.

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by StacyMcGrady3, Dec 20, 2009.

1. david_rocket

david_rocket Member

So, you dont hear people complaining about the Philadelphia Phillies, its the same with the Houston Texans.

And a professional team in Houston was already called "Apollos" a hockey team.

2. giddyup

giddyup Contributing Member

From my vantage, you just put your foot in your mouth and undermined your own thinking. The Colts uniforms are pretty identical to the ones they wore in the fifties. Only the Packers and Raiders have probably been as consistent.

3. giddyup

giddyup Contributing Member

That team became the Kansas City Chiefs; someone posted them in their throwback uniforms with the Texas logo on the helmet.

4. UTweezer

UTweezer Contributing Member

the pinstrip rockets uni's and the texans uniforms are no where in the same ballpark. The Texans have a simple and safe scheme, where as the Rockets got carried away and the result was a disaster. I don't understand your attempt at an analogy using the Colts.

I'm willing to bet that the texans won't ever completely change their logo, only tweaks. You don't see any of the legacy franchises changing logos....

5. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

Yeah. Looks like the logo is here to stay.

Unfortunately I think the worst logos in the league are the "busiest"... aka lots of detail, colors, and not symmetrical.

Examples of good logos:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Others would be GB, KC, OAK, NO, etc.

6. UTweezer

UTweezer Contributing Member

i think the Browns have some of the best looking uniforms/schemes out there....

7. DonnyMost

Supporting Member

The Browns uniforms look like someone ate a UT and A&M jersey and got the squirts.

And that's a shame, cause both have pretty cool unis.

8. msn

msn Member

You realized two of you examples aren't symmetrical, don't you?

This whole "logo should by symmetrical" thing is just stupid.

I agree with your examples of good logos -- especially Pitt and Chicago. And I agree with you that busy is *not* better, and less is more.

I also really like our logo.

9. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

You can use those combos in Madden 10.

10. DonnyMost

Supporting Member

Yeah, msn, I'm not saying those are hard and fast rules, just guidelines. The steelers logo has multiple colors too, but it is overall simple, balanced, and classic. The Raiders logo is pretty detailed/intricate, but it is also balanced and very clean looking.

Look across the NFL. The worst logos I feel are teams like the Jags, Bills, Lions, Bucs... just too much going on there.

11. Naija Texan

Naija Texan Member

Only if he spoke of the pompetous of love. :grin:

1 person likes this.
  12. Lynus302

Lynus302 Contributing Member

Apollo is the Greek god of light and of the sun (and several other things). He was one of the major Olympian deities. Understand the space reference now?

If not, there is also the Apollo Space Program of 1963-1972, named so in large part due to the Olympian Apollo mentioned above.

Make sense?

And I like the Texans unis, logo, and name, but if given the opportunity to become the Oilers once again, I'd be all over it.

13. djohn2o12

djohn2o12 Member

Allegedly, Bud Adams offered McNair the rights to the Oilers name in exchange for 10 million dollars. McNair said no thanks because he thought it was time for something new

14. DonnyMost

Supporting Member

I think that is a bunch of horsecrap, allegedly.

15. Creepy Crawl

Creepy Crawl Member

Look at the uniforms carefully, there are a few minor tweaks to the jerseys, and pants. I'm not really sure if this was a legit consideration of a color combo/uniform design or not. I just found them one day while searching for a Texans jersey.

16. DonnyMost

Supporting Member

Actually, I just realized, they almost all are.

Colts. - Sym
    Bears - Horz. Sym
    Cowboys - Sym
    Pitt - Sym (as a whole circle)

17. david_rocket

david_rocket Member

well in the steelers helmet only one side has the logo on it.
    and I thought by symmetrical the logo has to be in both sides

18. msn

msn Member

Look more closely at that Chicago 'C' - it's *not* symmetrical.

I recognized the shape symmetry in Pittsburgh, but the color counts.

I think it's the simplicity and "cleanness" of the logo, not the mythical requirement of "symmetry", that makes it nice.

There are *many* logos, not just for NFL teams, that are great but not symmetrical. It simply isn't necessary.

19. DonnyMost

Supporting Member

LMAO. Yes, it isn't 100% symmetrical. But can you tell that at first glance? I seriously doubt it. You're being far too anal (or arguing for the sake of arguing at this point, which people here love to do)... if you have to look THIS hard at it, then you're kinda proving my point... It's about 99% symmetrical... its very balanced and clean... which is the point.