1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Texans should change logo/uniform scheme.

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by StacyMcGrady3, Dec 20, 2009.

1. solid

solid Contributing Member

Uniforms aren't the Texans main problem. The are undisciplined, unmotivated, poorly coached, marginally talented, and horribly inconsistent. They are just doing a job, drawing a check. They repeat scripted excuses even after their pathetic wins. This is a sorry football team that needs to be kicked in the butt. The entire coaching staff and a few deserving players need to be shown the door. The Bengals have much worse uniforms and they are going to the playoffs.

2. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

What? You call the Texans unis generic and unimaginative but praise a team with unis that are even more generic? I suppose that if we bough blank jerseys from Academy and drew the numbers on with magic marker, you'd think they were best looking jerseys in the history of the league. I think you're letting on field success affect your opinion of the unis.

It's funny that when the Texans unveiled the unis, everybody praised them as simple but classy, even those who didn't like the name. And now with frustrations about the way the team has performed boiling over, all of a sudden the jerseys are an issue? Give me a break. You guys have officially run out of things to complain about.

3. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Perhaps......but what do you think of the Battle Red jerseys?

4. rhino17

rhino17 Member

that wouldda been great

"Texans" is ****ing stupid

5. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

And they generally still praise them, they being some Texans fans and non-fans overall. I just searched up "Best NFL Uniforms" and believe me, Texans get mentioned in top 10 list plenty.

The Texans name was part homage to the old 50's-60's Dallas Texans I think. That there was a team in Texas before with that name. At least thats what I heard around the team inauguration. Maybe not the best route to go, but it nots like it was some totally self absorbed Texas-centric uncreative attempt.

6. WhoMikeJames

WhoMikeJames Contributing Member

You guys are crazy. The logo is great and so are the jerseys. At least we aren't wearing this:

[​IMG]

or

[​IMG]

I agree on the name though. Toros would be a good replacement if you didn't want to switch out the logo. Apollos would be awesome, but we'd definitely have a blue theme, for those who want red.

7. texanskan

texanskan Contributing Member

Like don't love the name (prefer Oilers), Love the logo and helmet,

When your name is the Texans your uni's are gonna resemble the state flag.

Red/White/Blue in some form.

I think the Bull is really sharp

8. rpr52121

rpr52121 Sober Fan
    Supporting Member

Agreed. That is still the reason I refuse to buy the merchandise. If they wanted to "represent all Texans" then be the "Texas ______", and not an a Shipping Label.

Man imagine if they initially propose to be the Houston 1836's instead of the Dynamo. I wonder if the outrage would have been more or less...

9. rpr52121

rpr52121 Sober Fan
    Supporting Member

Sorry for the double post, but I felt Dogma needed to be posted. I spoilered it though because there is some stuff well not for the little ones...(I mean it is Kevin Smith)

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/jWshPH_jsjQ&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/jWshPH_jsjQ&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

10. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

The logo is great. I just hate how they have it facing opposite ways on each side of the helmet. That's an issue that should be fixed. It's essentially two different logos.

11. Creepy Crawl

Creepy Crawl Member

I like the logos and the jerseys. The jerseys have a classic look IMO. They are not too flashy, sometimes simple is better. As far as the nickname, its a throwback, remember there used to be the Dallas Texans, its a blast from the past.

12. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

I always hated that too.

[​IMG]

13. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

Yes, thank you. It's 2 DIFFERENT logos. The star in the blue one is the only one that looks right.

14. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

IMO, it would look really weird if the bull on one side of the helmet was facing backwards. Pretty much every team always has their animal mascot facing to the front on both sides of the helmet (if it's a profile logo). I can't even think of an exception at the moment.

15. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Hate the sound of Apollos. Sounds like a third rate soccer team.

16. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Because most people would associate that name with this guy:
    [​IMG]

I know I would... and I'm from Houston. I also have no idea what an "Apollo" is.

17. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

um, you don't get the reference?

18. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

Then they'd look like the Giants.

I like the uniforms and I like the name.

19. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Sounds too much like a little league baseball team in Houston, circa 1977, that's playing the Bears in the Astrodome between 2 games of an Astros doubleheader that taunts Kelly Leak and makes him run full-speed down a dirt road.

Ever hear of that little local company in Houston called NASA? :)

20. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Toros was my choice, even though that wouldn't have been that great.

texans has grown on me, the logos not so much