1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Texans Schedule Released

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by ItsMyFault, Apr 17, 2012.

1. emjohn

emjohn Contributing Member

I won't even bother predicting wins until I know for sure what crew we have in August. WR has to be addressed for me to have much confidence. Tennessee could be very dangerous if they make the right moves in the draft.

As far as the schedule itself, I like it. It's balanced, without tough stretches. The opening two games are a nice warm up to the first test @DEN.

GB-BAL is the toughest peak of the season, and then the rest is fairly manageable. Those last 9 games out of the bye line up nicely.

2. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

Their 7-3 start...losses to the Saints, Lions, and Packers. Not exactly shabby teams that they lost to. They also beat the Falcons, Lions, and Eagles. Their OL depth is a problem, which Im sure will be addressed...as well as a couple other defensive positions. They are in no worse shape now than the Texans are, with the replacements that Houston needs. Yes, they are getting older, and father time will eventually catch up to them...but Im talking about next season, not 2015.

I see the Packers as the best NFC team. The Saints have the ability to be right up there with them, but given their situation, who knows? We also have the Giants, Niners, Lions and the usual suspects like the Eagles and Falcons. I would definitely put a healthy Bears team up there in the top 3...or 4, at worst.

3. shaggylambda

shaggylambda Member

Even though they don't face off against eachother, that Thanksgiving game will be great. Megatron vs. Dre. Both teams have decent to good defensivebacks. I think Dre is going to take his gam to another level to show the young'n who's still the best in the business. Please god don't put Kreamed Jackson on Megatron. Of course Wade has to know this right guys?

4. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

i love the beginning and ending of the schedule. Should start 4-0 or 3-1 and finish 3-0. So that is 6 or 7 wins. Need 3-4 more in the middle. Totally manageable.

I also like the BYE week, not to early or too late.

5. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

Their defense always brings out the worst in Rodgers, I still think that defense is a top 10 D even on a bad year.

Depth is one thing they do lack but I think they'll get some of that depth through the draft and the offseason isn't over yet. I still have them as a potential division winner and if not at worst a WC team. Detroit isn't as good IMO as the Packers or Bears. They'll be fighting with the Giants/Eagles/Cowboys for that last WC spot.

Forte is probably the 2nd or 3rd best back in the league. They can most certainly beat the teams the top teams in the NFC so I don't see why they wouldn't be contenders.

6. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Forte is great for them but you're pushing it. He's a system back that had what... 3 rushing touchdowns last year?

7. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

Yeah may have over-exaggerated that. Point I was trying to make with that anyway was that he's one of 3 franchise players for them that's one of the better RBs in the league. With that they also have Bush to back him up.

8. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

Judging based on TD total is not very relevant...sure, its a great number to have, but it paints about 10% of the picture.

Andre Johnson has had exactly 0 seasons with 10+ TDs during his career. Within that time span, there have been probably more than 50 receivers and TEs that have caught 10 TDs or more in one season. Think about that number...50 or so players that have done what Andre has failed to ever do...yet, we talk about Andre as one of the best, if not the best, WR in football.

So yes, Forte didnt get into the endzone...their OLine was brutal last season and having Hanie as a QB for a portion of the season doesnt help. Forte also missed 3 games...but he averaged 4.9 yards per carry, which was better than LeSean McCoy, Ray Rice, MJD, Adrian Peterson, Michael Turner, Arian Foster, Frank Gore, etc...I think only Ray Rice and Darren Sproles had more receptions per game.

Forte only had 3 rushing TDs...but all his other numbers were elite, despite the line he had blocking for him.

9. DieHard Rocket

DieHard Rocket Contributing Member

Forte is a beast. More of a receiving threat than running threat though. He was their offense last season.

10. Fullcourt

Fullcourt Contributing Member

Forte is not a system back, he's a very good football player. That being said, I'd say he's in the 2nd class of RBs, behind guys like AP, Foster, MJD.

11. 713

713 Member

[​IMG]

12. Scarface281

Scarface281 Contributing Member

[​IMG]

MJD is easily a top five NFL RB.

13. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.

MJD, Foster, Peterson, and Forte are all really freaking talented runningbacks and don't begrudge anybody for taking any of them over any other back. Might even throw Ray Rice in there. McCoy might have a chance to join that discussion this year, too.

14. CCorn

CCorn Member

Rice's problem is he plays with the best QB in the league. No reason to give him touches.

;)

15. rrj_gamz

rrj_gamz Contributing Member

Decent and manageable schedule...Nice to get some primetime games sux, they're mostly away...

16. Marteen

Marteen Member

If this team is healthy throughout the season and playoffs, they could win it all.
    Regarded as the most complete football team in the NFL by many last year.
    They really don't have to bring in anyone since they are already a Super Bowl Caliber team. They have a stingy defense, a good QB, great WR, great RB, decent OL though it will be replenished in the draft, and sort of good special teams?

The game I'm looking forward to this year is the one with Green Bay visiting here for SNF on NBC. I expect the crowd to be a playoff like atmosphere, and the Texans can measure themselves against the very best in Aaron Rodgers.

17. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

[​IMG]