1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Texans Schedule Released

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by ItsMyFault, Apr 17, 2012.

1. arkoe

arkoe (ง'̀-'́)ง

I'm weird in that I actually prefer the noon games.

2. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

Not only that, but we have a bye week in there too...so the guys will be in Houston for over a month. That's great.

Seems like everyone just wants to nitpick the negatives and not talk about the positives...like finishing the season with 3 should be "gimme" wins...much better than ending it with "Ravens, Patriots, Broncos".

I do wish we had at least 2 nationally televised games at home, but otherwise, Im happy.

3. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

Prefer noon games too.

(unless I go to the game, then a 3 pm start would be awesome!)

4. ROXRAN

ROXRAN Contributing Member

I am happy wit this

5. Disciple of RP

Disciple of RP Contributing Member

My first thoughts after looking this over, 5-2 at the break and this schedule has 12 wins written all over it.

Then the 2 MNF'ers hit me AND Thanksgiving against the Lions and I'm ecstatic with this schedule.

6. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Contributing Member

Lol, first thing I thought when I read that.

Re-read before you twat or whatever it's called.

7. rocketfan83

rocketfan83 Member

Excited about the Thanksgiving game maybe spending time with distant relatives wont be as awkward this year...

8. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

I'm going to try and find a way to get tickets to Texans/Bears. It will be awesome.

9. david_rocket

david_rocket Member

the important players should be healthy for that road trip (3 games) at the end of the season, I think that is going be huge step towards the playoffs.

and I dont get it why chicago have a lot of primetime games.

10. Scarface281

Scarface281 Contributing Member

The Houston-Denver game is going to be like a mini-national game also. None of the other three games in that time slot will be as good.

11. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

If they stay healthy, they will be one of the top 3 teams in the NFC.

They were one of the better teams until Cutler went down. They signed Brandon Marshall and he's being re-united with Cutler. They signed Michael Bush...theyve signed a handful of other players to shore of depth. They'll be in the mix for Super Bowl contenders.

12. Nook

Nook Member

Super Bowl contenders? LMFAO... Okay

13. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

The Bears are superbowl contenders. Under what shell have you been living under? They went 7-3 last year before Cutler went down. They just got a lot better this year. They're usually a top 10 defensive team year in and year out. They're are most definitely a superbowl contender.

14. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

because they're da bears. Even the Cowboys got as many national games as us. It's has as much to do with the reputation as the team itself.

15. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

And a strong start. I see us at 4-1 or 5-0 going into GB.

16. Nook

Nook Member

I live in Chicago and have watched every single one of their games, they are not legit Super Bowl contenders. Their offensive line is horrible and lacks depth. Their defense is old and that D-line also lacks depth. Injuries to either line and they are in serious trouble. Their secondary is mediocre. Further, their best defensive players are old, eventually father time will catch up with them.

Furthermore, their 7-3 start was solid but not Super Bowl like when you consider the teams they played and how those teams were playing when they played them. Contrast how the Texans played with injuries and the Bears and you will see how important the OL is and depth, something the Bears lack.

They are most likely a wild card team, quite possibly behind GB and Detroit.

17. br0ken_shad0w

br0ken_shad0w Member

I do too. It's nice knowing you can spend the rest of the day doing anything you want if the rest of the matchups aren't interesting.

18. Kate81

Kate81 Member

9-7 or 8-8, I can't see 10 wins this year.

19. Pete the Cheat

still good enough to beat the rest of the garbage in our division

20. Kate81

Kate81 Member

They might be garbage, but Ten and Jac have a chance to split... we'll just have to wait and see about Indy.