1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Texans Schedule Released

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by ItsMyFault, Apr 17, 2012.

1. 713

713 Member

Mark Schlerath just called the Texans.."Denver South"

2. Breaker

Breaker Member

HAHAHA, what a whiny little b****.

3. rolyat93

rolyat93 Contributing Member

13-3 regular season for the Texans in 2012-13

4. br0ken_shad0w

br0ken_shad0w Member

11-12 wins at the MINIMUM. Hard stretch in October but at least ends in a bye week.

Thank god no NFLN games.

5. wallyj12

wallyj12 Member

The guys at ESPN are slobbin all over the Texans knobs right now, calling them the best team in the AFC. The Texans are also currently tied with the Bills of having the 3rd easiest strength of schedule based on last year's performances.

6. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

I'm a season ticket holder. I'd rather go to a primetime game at home than watch it on TV.

1 person likes this.
  7. Hey Now!

Hey Now! Contributing Member

Wow, Donny... I mean - just... wow. They've posted 2 winning seasons in 10 and you're not satisfied with six national games? Really? Really?! Hopefully the organization doesn't act this entitled.

I'm beyond-thrilled with two NBC games and though I've known about it for months, the Detroit game should be all kinds of fun. And in terms of scheduling, I think they'll start 3-1; then they have a tough five-week stretch with the Broncos, Jets, Packers and Ravens - but after that... they could very easily go 8-1. Seriously - those final 9 games are cake.

8. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

Eh, that three game road trip of Detroit-Tennessee-New England won't be easy. I think they should be favored in the first two and only a 3-point dog in the latter, but 1-2 wouldn't stun me there.

9. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

Like I said, national TV away games don't mean much to me as a season ticket holder. 2 primetime homers was my expectation, and I don't think that's far fetched or "entitled" at all.

10. Aggie2012

Aggie2012 Contributing Member

So true. They should of put the Ravens game on MNF. I mean the last time they did that, it was an amazing game. Regardless, I can't wait for the sunday night game against Packers, Reliant will be going crazy like the Bengals game.

11. Relentless

Relentless Member

@AdamSchefter Ten teams have three consecutive home games, while Green Bay and Houston are the only clubs with three straight road trips.

12. HPD

HPD Member

8-8 son

13. solid

solid Contributing Member

I'll go with 12-4 and if everyone stays healthy, maybe better. Let's do this.

14. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

9-7 keep battlefightin to the end.

oh wait, no longer last year.

15. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

Is he really going to play the "did me wrong" card against the franchise that withstood the worst PR fallout in NFL history to take a chance on him? My goodness, how dare they not have a spare $100 million to offer him. :rolleyes:

16. J.R.

J.R. Member

I have no idea. He wrote that on twitter but also told ESPN it's "just like any other game".

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...ms-bills-at-houston-just-like-any-other-game/

It's whatever. Whatever Mario!

17. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

Where is that idiot Kate81 to say the Texans will go 0-16 or something stupid like that.

18. hairyme

hairyme Member

I think he's said something to that effect before. It seems belittling at first, but with some context, I think it's actually more of a compliment from him. He was with the Broncos with Kubiak and Shanahan, so he just likes to note the similar/identical(?) system the Texans use. He's usually pretty high on the Texans and Kubiak even in years past when he probably shouldn't have been.

19. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

NFL.com: What teams got short end of the NFL schedule stick?

20. Scarface281

Scarface281 Contributing Member

The Texans are one of those teams with three straight home games.