1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Texans release Sam Montgomery, Cierre Wood and Willie Jefferson

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by J.R., Oct 21, 2013.

1. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

GUILT BY ASSOCIATION

KUBIAK RULES WITH AN IRON FIST

SHOOT THE MESSENGER PEW PEW PEW

2. DieHard Rocket

DieHard Rocket Contributing Member

This.

They were bottom of the roster players on a 2-5 team with terrible special teams. That's what this comes down to. Any legitimate player and this is maybe a one game or one-half game suspension.

3. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

If there's a rule, and you break it, YOU HAVE TO GO.

The same people who complain about the "no talking on the cell phone" rule in the theaters are now saying "this is BS, they shouldn't cut them because of a cigar."

A RULE is a RULE.

Well done by the cleanest of the organizations of the NFL. We aren't the Dallas Cowboys. We don't allow that crap. :eek:
    Yes, but you don't have rules that say you shouldn't do that, and the Texans do. Too bad you and other "cool buds" don't play for the Texans, huh? :cool:

1 person likes this.
  4. JeffB

JeffB Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

This is basically it. The Oakland Raiders have been a wreck for years for pretty much having no locker room discipline. I ain't complaining that the Texans cut a few knuckleheads. Knock 'em for drafting Montgomery in the first place, but it is a reach to rip the team for cutting this crew, especially given how little we actually know at this point.

5. Stack24

Stack24 Contributing Member

I'm sure they will go to greener pastures and do well lol

6. Jturbofuel

Jturbofuel Member

They should drug test them if they are denying it, because everyone knows weed stays in your system for 27 days and if they did smoke something other than a cigar they would be caught or the story would be found out to be true.

This sounds like the front office trying to send a message and get control of the team. We all remember when Jimmy Johnson cut Curvin Richards for falling asleep in a team meeting when other players said Michael Irvin and Emmitt Smith did the same thing all the time.

7. Blake

Blake Contributing Member

Had to have been a blunt. No way you get cut for a "cigar. No way...not even mouth-breathing Kubes is that stupid

8. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

Yeah, I have no problems with them getting cut. When you're a fringe NFL player and you've actually made the roster...I would be busting my tail trying to prepare myself to get on the field.

I dont want players on the team that are this stupid. What happens if these guys go on to have good careers and make millions of dollars? These are the kinds of players that either get into more trouble...or stop caring because they've made the cash money millionaires club.

9. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

I thought no talking on a cell phone in theaters was just common courtesy not a rule. :confused:

10. Blake

Blake Contributing Member

If I get caught smoking bud on a work trip in the hotel room that my employer is paying for, then I deserve to be (and would be) fired.

Same with those clowns (if in fact it was weed). Had to be...again, no way you get cut for smoking a stogie.\\

And if it was just a cigar, the Texans should be ashamed of themselves

11. Indaface

Indaface Member

That's as much a rule as not picking the urinal next to a guy if other ones are open.

12. Jturbofuel

Jturbofuel Member

I am more upset that this regime whiffed on another mid round pick.

13. makman

makman Member

Classic case of attending an Alicia Keys concert and someone passing something around....

A vaporizer or at least a toilet paper roll with fabric softener might have saved the day

14. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

That is the bigger issue here.

3rd round picks are extremely valuable and they completely wasted it.

Sam was always on the fringe list, IIRC he came into camp out of shape and supposedly was a bit lazy. He also had a history in college. Could have used that on a tackle...

15. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

Even more news!

I usually pick the urinal of the guy that's standing next to me. :eek:

16. J.R.

J.R. Member

1 27 DeAndre Hopkins(Starting WR)
    2 57 D.J. Swearinger(Backup-turned-starting S)
    3 89 Brennan Williams(IR)
    3 95 Sam Montgomery(out of the league)
    4 124 Trevardo Williams(IR)
    6 176 David Quessenberry(IR)
    6 195 Alan Bonner(IR)
    6 198 Chris Jones(Patriots)
    6 201 Ryan Griffin(Backup TE)

[​IMG]

17. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

It is, but it is now a rule in most theaters because people weren't being courteous. :cool:

18. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

I hate seeing that list of draft picks, makes me sick.

If we are going to continually suck at drafting in the mid rounds, may as well always trade our 3rd, 4th, and 5th picks to move up into the 2nd round.

19. SWTsig

SWTsig Contributing Member

ya this reflects TERRIBLY on our front office for selecting sam to begin with. his issues were apparently very obvious to a lot of scouts and i remember the unnamed scout who came out and said he was flat out shocked anybody took him that early.

what a waste.

20. the shark

the shark Member

When you see Montgomery on the list that the LSU strength coach put up and the Texans still drafted him? In my opinion both Kubiak and Smith need to go.