1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Texans release Ryan Mallett

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by rocketpower2, Oct 27, 2015.

1. Baba Booey

Baba Booey Contributing Member

TJ Yates?!? Mallett is WAY better than that scrub. TJ Yates is the worst QB ever to play a snap in the NFL....

God this franchise is a humiliating, Fukushima-level disaster. Can we move this team to Tennessee and start over again?

2. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

You get the feeling that Rick Smith straddle any possible line to avoid accountability?

3. Victorious

Victorious Member

cant play this year, stuck on IR :(

4. Nimo

Nimo Member

Yep. He's pretty much guaranteed to not be playing for the Texans this season. If I were him I would start requesting a trade out of this disaster.

5. Rockets FTW

Rockets FTW Member

Lol. If Mallett gets his s&** together he can turn his career around and be pretty decent.

HAHA this is the type of stuff only the Texans can do. People in the organization aren't being held accountable and if O'Brien doesn't get the team playing up to the level it can play... he needs to get sacked along with Rick Smith (accountability matters).

Everytime I watch this team play, it's like little effort is being had. CB's out of position, LB's not giving full effort (Cushing...)... this team is soft. Until we get a coach who holds the players accountable and a better GM/Coach... QB... this team will never get out of this hole.

If Mallett gets his stuff together... this could be one of those colossal mistakes... who knows what would have happened if O'Brien actually stuck with Mallett... But he couldn't help himself... started shaking in his boots.

This is some Texans type ish... I'll watch my team get buried into the ground I guess. Go Rockets.

6. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

You know what's going to happen, right? Mallet's going to land some where and become a competent NFL player. We all ****ing know it will happen.

7. Scolalist

Scolalist Member

Rick **** vetoed it & BOB is being Proffesional

8. Nimo

Nimo Member

And you get that from...?

9. Baba Booey

Baba Booey Contributing Member

Good luck with that. Mallett is cancerous. His career should be over, although if a guy like TJ Yates is still being brought up, maybe Mallett will get another chance.

I would bet against it, though.

10. chow_yun_fat

chow_yun_fat Contributing Member

What did Mallet do to make everyone turn on him? I can't get CBS out in the boonies, so can't watch the football games.

11. Scolalist

Scolalist Member

Yates won the first playoff game. I'd take that over someone who thinks he's bigger than the team.

12. Rockets FTW

Rockets FTW Member

It's a safe bet... that a team will take a chance on him and if he owns up to his mistakes... well... you KNOW what will happen. I think he can turn his career around. Bad Mallet over Bad Hoyer any day.

13. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I don't think these convos are as confrontational as we would like to think

BO'B: I WANT HIM CUT!! F*** THAT ******* GET HIM THE **** OUT OF HERE
    Rick: You sure . .. I mean that leaves us with one QB tomorrow
    BO'B: ***** THAT ****** I'll QB !!! BEfore I put that peice of **** in the game
    Rick: Calm down . . .we can cut him monday or tuesday. We can't go into the game with on QB
    BO'B: Get Andre ****ing WARE out the D*MN BOOTH FOR ALL I CARE!!!
    Rick: SimmahdahnNah
    BO'B: OK .. Ok . .. make sure that peice of **** stays out of my MFin site!!!

Rick: Why not TJYates. .. He cheap. He won us a playoff game. A fan fav of sorts and I guarantee he will be on time .. . bring you coffee tea, cookies or what ever else you want. The kid is hungry and a good kid . .. and man . . .he will do what ever .
    BO'B: I guess.. . . . if that is the best we can do

Rocket River

2 people like this.
  14. J.R.

J.R. Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Texans release Ryan Mallett. His last play of '15 might be when <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/colts?src=hash">#colts</a> Sio Moore whacked him Oct. 8 and Bill O'Brien didn't put him back in.</p>&mdash; Mike Chappell (@mchappell51) <a href="https://twitter.com/mchappell51/status/659051566511468544">October 27, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

15. rocketpower2

rocketpower2 Member

Wooo

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Have confirmed <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Texans?src=hash">#Texans</a> signing T.J. Yates as the team's backup QB replacing Ryan Mallett who was released.</p>&mdash; Mark Berman (@MarkBermanFox26) <a href="https://twitter.com/MarkBermanFox26/status/659051612019671041">October 27, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

16. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Did he have this many problems in New England? I don't remember him ever doing so many boneheaded stuff all at once. How much of this is just being on the Texans?

17. Scolalist

Scolalist Member

One of these threads, why don't you read them

18. hooroo

hooroo Member

Texans just need a competent and average QB. They haven't had a QB at that level for years now. Forget about elite, just be a QB good enough to be average to stop the rot and keep the worthwhile players from regressing.

19. hooroo

hooroo Member

confirmed texans still looking for a qb next season.

20. Indaface

Indaface Member

No but he was just a backup...he hadn't inflated his mind into thinking he was some sort of franchise qb that deserved everything yet.