1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Texans re-sign Johnathan Joseph to 2-year, $10M deal

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by J.R., Mar 15, 2018.

1. htownb4lla

htownb4lla Member

Were closer to the bengels than tha pats.... just saying. Although, technically a step above due to use being undefeated against the bengels in the playoffs

2. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

LOL, like I said, blind pessimism.

3. htownb4lla

htownb4lla Member

Good team, bounced early from the playoffs........ sound familiar?

4. showa13

showa13 Member

Yes we have some catching up to do to the gold standard of winning in the NFL, just like pretty much everyone else in the NFL. It helps when you get a generational talent at QB, just as perineal losers the Philadelphia Eagles.

5. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

If you think the Texans are where the Bengals are, then....I mean there's just no reason to continue this conversation. You are clearly in the throes of depression and not thinking clearly.

The Texans have dominated their division recently and have a franchise QB and a team set to contend now.....the Bengals have none of that. I mean they won their division twice a few years back, but that's it and they are not a team going anywhere anytime soon.

6. htownb4lla

htownb4lla Member

As far as winning culture goes tell me whats different other than weve gotten to the 2nd round.

7. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

One team has won their division twice as many times in the last several years as the other and one team has won more playoff games than the other.

8. htownb4lla

htownb4lla Member

They have 1 more winning season than us scine our inception. And just as many div titles as us. Only difference is we beas t them before gettong blown out by the pats.

Are we currently a better team? Yes

As far as winning culture goes....... ... almost identical.

9. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

LOL, fair enough, be the stereotypical depressed fan thinking that the Texans are comparable to the Bengals, it just goes along with what I was saying earlier. I'm sure there are people in cities that don't currently have NFL franchises that would appreciate the team more and IMO it's a bit unfortunate that those fans won't get the opportunity.

10. htownb4lla

htownb4lla Member

I like how to take everything i say to the extreme. I am in no way depressed about my team and its future. I dont however ignore the facts.

The facts cleary point out that since 2002 we are almost identical to the bengels, the differences being they cant beat us in the first round and we cant beat the pats.

Theres nothing wrong with the comparison, you sound insulted by it, like i said were the browns or something....

Futures bright in houston with dw4, taken 15 years to get a qb, butits finally bright. Still doesnt change the past.

11. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

What you are saying is the extreme, that's my point. What you are saying is invalid, the recent Bengals success is not the same as the recent Texans and the Texans success has been limited by injury, not lack of talent. There are a LOT of fanbases that would love to be able to say that they have 3 playoff wins and 4 divisional championships in the last 7 years.....but to the amazing Texans fanbase, that's nothing. Again, it's a fanbase that honestly doesn't deserve a franchise.

It's been over 27 years since the Bengals won a playoff game...but yeah, that's the same as the Texans somehow.

12. htownb4lla

htownb4lla Member

Yet yo ignore the years before the last 7. Nothimg ive said was extreme. You are tryingbto make it out like im doggin the texans, which im not.
    Scince 2010 (last 7 years)
    69-57
    61-67

Tell me those are not almost identical as far as winning culture goes, and to go along with you 7 year narrative.... thats only the last 7 years.

Again i love my sqaud, and i think dw4 will change this whole narrative, but how is that a winning culture?

13. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

The Texans were an expansion team, who holds expansion years against a franchise? Do we look at the garbage franchise the Patriots used to be or do we look at what the current version of them is?

14. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

if RAC want's Joseph, I'm ok with it

15. htownb4lla

htownb4lla Member

I mean everyone still claims da boys are americas team and they havent done squat since the mid 90s.

16. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Yeah...and that's pathetic. I though we all agreed on that

17. htownb4lla

htownb4lla Member

;)