1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Texans re-sign Johnathan Joseph to 2-year, $10M deal

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by J.R., Mar 15, 2018.

1. 713

713 Member

Hopefuly they saving money for Mathieu.

Fantasma Negro and red5rocket like this.
  2. Fantasma Negro

What the whole **** is this? Why are they re-signing this dude? He's done nothing but regress for the last three seasons, what the **** man

RasaqBoi likes this.
  3. HOUSTON2017

HOUSTON2017 Member

It looks like it will be a cheap deal.. He said it was between the texans and the Raiders (money was not the issue ) as much as not wanting to move his kids to another school) That tells me is a cheap deal.
    there are worser CB out there- he is still an ok CB

4. Fantasma Negro

If they sign Tyrann it makes this more palatable

5. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

Think we would've resigned him regardless of what else we did in FA. At the very minimum, he brings in depth and leadership. Assuming it's a cheap deal, shouldn't be all that surprised or pissed IMO.

6. Champs

Champs Member

If its for cheap what the heck does it matter?

7. the shark

the shark Member

What's sad is Terry Hines spelling (smh)

jay_09 and RasaqBoi like this.
  8. DieHard Rocket

DieHard Rocket Contributing Member

I don't get the outrage. I'm sure they went after plenty of other guys and missed or guys just got priced too high.

This looks to me like an insurance policy. I'm betting they'll draft a guy in the 3rd or even trade up to the 2nd for one, and that could put J-Jo as your 3rd best CB by mid-season potentially which isn't bad.

Otherwise you risk running out Colvin + KJ + rookie on opening day which is scary and not in a good way.

9. Nimo

Nimo Member

I think most people were hoping for Colvin + KJ (or rookie) + Gaines.

10. Fantasma Negro

He only played well against **** qbs.
    There's no outrage, he's a locker room leader, but this takes us out of the E.J Gaines sweepstakes. I understand there are a lot of holes to fill but damn it would've been nice to get a top flight corner to replace his decrepit ass. But getting Mathieu, or Kenny and obviously drafting a cb should ensure that J.Jo is just a rotation player, but ain't nobody mad

Champs likes this.
  11. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

How would this take us out of the Gaines sweepstakes?

#51 gucci888, Mar 15, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 15, 2018
  12. Nimo

Nimo Member

13. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

They have the money to outbid just about anyone and he already has a large fanbase here. I think there is a decent chance.

14. htownb4lla

htownb4lla Member

Only problem is we dont check off all the boxes he said he was looking for. Love to have him, not sure he is thinking of us tho.

15. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

How much....

16. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I'm not sure about that. The Texans have pretty much owned their division in recent history with the exception of last year where damn near the entire team was on the IR and will be the favorite to take back ownership of the division this season and if they have health and a bit more improvement in the secondary they'll be one of the favorites in the AFC.

17. htownb4lla

htownb4lla Member

In our eyes yes, but in the eyes of the nfl were 9-7...... seriously, every ime we'e Bern hyped up we've been blown out.

4 div titles in 15 years
    6 winning seasons
    7 losing seasons
    2 meh 8-8 seasons doesn't really constitute a winning culture.

Edit: last year' stupid ir situation could of changed our narrative completely.

18. clutch citizen

clutch citizen Contributing Member

The pitch in addition to money and established fan base:

Players’ coaches; especially RAC
    Clowney, Watt, Merci rushing passers to throw his way
    Great young, active LB group
    Hopkins and Watson leading a prolific offense

Still pending a CB1 to pair up with the respected vet handling WR2s and the stud in the slot position

19. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

I think you're being way too optimistic. Even if we sign Gaines or HB, the state of our offensive line and the improvements of the Jaguars and Titans will make them favored ahead of us. I love Watson, but I don't think he will keep up the torrid TD pace. Only hope is the defense becomes dominant and we find a couple of serviceable offensive tackles which I think would give us a punchers chance. The Jaguars should have been in the Super Bowl and have gotten better in the off season.

20. htownb4lla

htownb4lla Member

Yadda yadda yadda. Only thing there you said that relates to what he wants is Rac.

Watt as much as I love him can' be used as a sales pitch till he plays a full season again, and no where does our history say "winning culture".

Now if he said it's about money, close to home and 9-7 culture, we definitely fit that bill.