1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Texans Protest

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by LAFIRMA22, Nov 15, 2010.

1. rocketfan83

rocketfan83 Member

I dont think I've ever missed a Texan game I've went out of the way to watch them when I lived in Lubbock in cowboy country.

I'll probaly watch them get rolled by the Jets 50-10. But I dont see myself watching 6 more games after that....The streak will end....

2. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

No, pretty sure they arent. My friend handles the purchase

3. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

How about these Texans fans, start supporting the one team that brought success to Houston, The Rockets. Seriously, I know this is a football and basketball town before basketball, but give the team that is actually worth a damn, some love. Sure, we're under .500 but we are looking much better than the Texans.

But I agree, as fans, something needs to be done. Many have supported them since Day one, and they still look the same.

4. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

why in the world would you think we're not fans of the Rockets???

sadly, i think both franchises are in the same boat.

5. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

Against the t***?....You better believe I'll be rooting for the Texans.

Go HOUSTON!

#25 Uprising, Nov 15, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 15, 2010
  6. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

1....why do you assume we aren't "supporting" the Rockets.

2. The Rockets are not a team bringing success. What success have they brought in the last 15 years? It's much easier to make it to the playoffs in the NBA.

3. And yes, they are below .500.....

7. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Not even for the comic relief?

Hell, that's the only reason I watched the Oilers between 81-86.

8. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

Did I even say Texans fans are not Rockets fans? I'm not saying you guys or people on this site are not Texans fans. But its pretty clear that this city cares more about the Texans and Astros, than the Rockets. So we haven't had a championship since the Clutch City era, but at least we've been able to make the playoffs and even get past the 1st round once. What have the Texans ever done historically to deserve sell out crowds and be the talk of the town every week? Sorry, as a Rockets fan, I'm just jealous. Its like the Rockets are the blacksheep of the Houston Sports Family even though they're the only ones to bring the big one home.....twice.

9. MadMax

this is true in every town where there's an NBA and NFL team. the NFL product is unreal right now. it transcends being America's favorite sport of choice (to watch) but has arguably become America's favorite entertainment option, period.

10. rockets934life

rockets934life Contributing Member

Have you seen the number of people that go out to Stros' games? If anything, RIGHT NOW, the Stros would be the black sheep because of their own doing. This is a FOOTBALL town and will always be one thus the passion but there is plenty of Rocket support going on around town and it should only increase once the Texans hit rock bottom.

11. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Contributing Member

I'll be sitting on the couch watching my drug of choice, NFL Redzone. If they happen to appear on there, so be it.

Go to a game and spend $150.00 of some hamburgers, parking and a beer? You so crazy! I've received free tickets to games and gave everyone away. Not interested.

12. Summer Song Giver

Defense doesn't win championships, apathy does.

13. MadMax

EVERY town is an NFL town, now. look at tv viewing...look at relative attendance. you'd be hard-pressed to find any city in America that doesn't tune in and show up better for the NFL than any other sport.

14. rockets934life

rockets934life Contributing Member

VERY true, I read an article that said, IIRC, that the NFL had the TEN highest rated programs on TV this year. The ratings are through the roof this season and should only get better as the games increase in importance.

15. mrdave543

mrdave543 Contributing Member

I expect a big Titans/Vince crowd on Nov 28th. I can't wait to be there.

16. MadMax

don't worry...your team will win.

17. boomboom

boomboom I GOT '99 PROBLEMS
    Supporting Member

Sorry to be a boatrocker...but I'm always a fan and a huge proponent of the t***.

18. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

I guess I'm in the minority because I think basketball is the most entertaining sport to watch, followed by boxing. I can only watch one football game a week and that is the Texans. The game just moves too slow for me at times. Only have time to watch one 3 hour football game a week.

19. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

The NBA is just so "blah" to me right now. Players, switching teams every year, teams switching cities every year. I still can't wrap my mind around which team is in Oklahoma City, which team is in Charlotte and which team is in New Orleans.

Every team plays the same offense, the same defense. Too many ticky tack fouls being called, too much flopping, too many guards and small forwards ruling the game, not enough talented big guys, too many 6 foot 9 tweeners jacking up 3's instead of playing in the lane, too many refs giving preferential treatment to "stars"....

Blah.

1 person likes this.
  20. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

You're not the only one that feels this way.

In terms of relative importance in society/sports culture, no league has fallen off as much as the NBA has since the 90's. I guess the NHL has more, but nobody cared about hockey in half the country anyways.

Baseball withstood the strike, came back with a vengance with the HR chase, soured a little with sterioids, but still holds its own. The NFL rules all.

1 person likes this.