1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    The Timberwolves are roughing up the Nuggets, can they hold on for a Game 2 win? Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Texans Preseason Schedule

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by J.R., Apr 9, 2014.

1. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

I think the Patriots will be the favorites.

2. EightDoobies

EightDoobies Member

I wanted the DAL game

3. Pieman2005

Pieman2005 Member

How is this post not an opinion?

4. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Because it's not an opinion, you know, the same as saying that 3+2=5 is not an opinion. We can take a quick look at their career stats and it becomes abundantly clear to even the least stat savvy that Schaub was clearly the superior QB.

5. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Neither is clearly superior to the other.

However, one clear advantage for Flacco is clutch-ness.

6. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

We are talking about RIGHT NOW, not 4 years ago.

RIGHT NOW, Flacco is better than Schaub.

7. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Maybe. Hard to say though considering the combined QB production of Keenum and Schuab last year was superior to the Flacco's production last year. I suppose there is a chance that Schaub will continue to decline to a point where he is as bad as Flacco though.

8. J.R.

J.R. Member

Date and times:

Week 1: Saturday, August 9<sup>th</sup>, 7:30pm CT
    Week 2: Saturday, August 16<sup>th</sup>, 7:00pm CT
    Week 3: Saturday, August 23<sup>rd</sup>, 8:00pm CT
    Week 4: Thursday, August 28<sup>th</sup>, 7:00pm CT

9. J.R.

J.R. Member

Texans to practice with Falcons, Broncos before preseason games

Andre Ware re-ups for Texans radio; Kevin Kugler to call preseason TV games

#29 J.R., Jun 11, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 11, 2014
  10. pugsly8422

pugsly8422 Contributing Member

Damn, I'm not a fan of Ware. Now that I think about it, I'm not a fan of Vandermeer either. I'd take him over Ware though...

11. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Joel Meyers is gone? Praise Jesus!

12. Raven

Raven Member

Less than two months away. Normally, I pay little attention to preseason, but this year is different, because we have a new QB.

13. mick fry

mick fry Member

Try all. What maniac would take Schaub over a SB mvp?

14. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

A GM that knows that games aren't won with trophies, if they were, Pro Bowl MVP Matt Schaub would have won more. It's funny how blind people are to things like that SB MVP Eli Manning and SB MVP Joe Flacco combined for 49 interceptions last year and were 2 of the worst QB's in the NFL, neither of which being better than Schaub was last year....but of course the ignorant masses base their judgement of individual QB play on the team's record for whatever reason so I can see why you'd think Schaub was worse even though the facts don't support it.

15. mick fry

mick fry Member

Yeah ok, winning is sooooo overated! You stat boys kill me, stats are misleading. The way you're attached to Schaubs sack you must be a Raiders fan now.

16. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

No one said winning is overrated, winning is awesome, but unfortunately far too many people don't seem to know what actually goes into winning. You seem to be a perfect example, you ignore that Flacco and Manning were 2 of the worst QB's in the league last year because the team they were on won SB's in the past....that's hilariously ridiculous.

17. mick fry

mick fry Member

So a qb who stepped up in the biggest of moments and one who assumes the fetal position doesnt factor into your stats so just overlook it? Clutch over statistacally dumping the ball off in meaningless games any day.

18. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Clutch isn't real. Bobby is a Anti-clutch fedora wearing neckbeard.

19. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

A QB would never have the opportunity to "step up" in the SB if his team was never good enough to get him there to begin with....furthermore, a QB "stepping up" in the SB wouldn't amount to much if his team didn't do enough to win. "Clutch" is nothing more than a statistical anomaly where an assumption is made based on an incredibly small sample. If the safety for Denver doesn't completely blunder the play on the Flacco hail Mary pass and instead makes the easy interception, average Joe is seen as a "choker" instead of "clutch" and his team doesn't make it to the SB despite the fact that he wouldn't have done anything different. If his defense doesn't hold the Patriots to 13 points and instead allows them to go off for 41 points, the Ravens don't go to the SB and you'd think differently about average Joe.

The fact that how you feel about the player has more to do with the team they happen to play for than anything they've actually done says a lot about the validity of your views. Would anyone think Joe Flacco was a good QB if he'd spent his career in Buffalo? of course not. Eli Manning would be a poor man's Phillip Rivers if he'd spent his career in San Diego instead of on the Giants. However, put Peyton Manning on any team and he's still seen as elite.

20. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Heh, hater.