1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Texans place Nix on IR, sign Ryan Pickett

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by J.R., Sep 24, 2014.

1. HTown_DieHard

HTown_DieHard Member

No doubt. Pickett has held his own.

Too bad Nix is a wasted draft pick.

After rewatching the Titans game, XSF looks SOOOOOO bad... He's pretty much a bust as well. Considering LG is one of the most "plug & play" positions for top tier college lineman.

2. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

XSF showed flashes like Duane Brown did his rookie year.

I remember the thrashing of Brown early on. You do realize that playing interior OL is much harder than T in the NFL.

Give him time.

Get some patience.

3. HTown_DieHard

HTown_DieHard Member

No offense, but this discredits anything you say about football from this point on.

4. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Yeah, XSF will be fine, he just has a lot of work to do when it comes to technique. He'll be a solid interior lineman for a long time....but it won't happen overnight.

5. HTown_DieHard

HTown_DieHard Member

He looks god awful right now.

Way worse than those rookie QB's you like to ridicule.

Oh yea, LG is like 1,000x easier too...

6. tmacfor35

You are a bad poster. Give me some insight on why I am wrong instead of just telling me.

Of course Duane Brown on the Texan Radio show three weeks ago spoke how mentally, that tackle is much easier than the interior offensive line. He must be discredited as well?

The best athletes are put on the Tackle position because they have the feet to keep up with the better defensive athletes. It is much less of a mental task as they are not dealing with as much stunts and interior late blitzing.

7. HTown_DieHard

HTown_DieHard Member

This means nothing to me coming from a guy who said:

Get a clue.

8. tmacfor35

You don't have to be derogatory towards someone you disagree with. I apologize for calling you a bad poster, but that is what you are if that is how you discuss something.

I chose to follow the All-Pro's advice over the keyboard warrior whose temper is that of a 13 year old girl.

I don't think you understand that football is a mental game. You are discrediting that aspect. Weird.

9. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Well, you tried to blame Fitz for a bad route Arian ran.

We all make mistakes.

10. noscrusir

noscrusir Contributing Member

Wow. I don't really have a stance on this argument but was this really necessary?

11. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Is this BUSTcelli all over again?

Rocket River

12. HTown_DieHard

HTown_DieHard Member

I blamed Fitzpatrick for throwing a timing route to a RB on a 5-wide set.

Personally, I think Nuk being covered by a LB in open space is a match up that needs to be exploited.

Regardless, Arian ran the wrong route & Fitzpatrick did not see the mismatch.

Bad play by all accounts.

13. HTown_DieHard

HTown_DieHard Member

Probably :(

If you can't beat out Ben Jones, and you are basically a 1st round draft pick... Something is up.

14. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Don't take offense, you just have to see thought his nonsense for what it really is. The only reason he's bashing XSF is because he's upset about the Texans taking him over trading the pick to get one of his draft crushes. There's a learning curve for interior linemen and XSF sometimes looks lost because of bad technique or confusion as to who is his guy to block. It's not really something to panic about, most people still see him as a future stud guard.

15. HTown_DieHard

HTown_DieHard Member

1) It has nothing to do with Bridgewater. As I said, XSF has looked terrible thus far, and there is no arguing it.

2) There's a learning curve for an interior lineman, but not a rookie QB? D0 you see the inconsistency with your assessment?

3) Who are these "people" that see XSF as a "future stud guard". Please provide a link because I want to believe.. I really do!

16. HTown_DieHard

HTown_DieHard Member

..... 20 words later.....

Can you see why you aren't taken seriously?

17. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

1. You wouldn't be making things up like "LG is one of the most "plug & play" positions for top tier college lineman" if you weren't trying to push a narrative. People who look at things objectively don't have to lie.

2. This is a strawman argument, I never said that there wasn't a learning curve for rookie QB's. Please stick to the actual discussion instead of arguing with people that don't exist.

3. The same exact people who were calling him the best guard prospect in the draft months ago are the same people who are high on his future. Knee jerk reactions aren't usually that of good analysts. Most of XSF's struggles have been rookie mistakes, there's no reason for anyone who knows what they are seeing when they watch football to think that the kid will bust or end up any worse than what was projected.

18. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

You say this, but you shouldn't be so sure, in this instance tmacfor35 is the one with the more solid take on the situation.

19. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

I'm just here to say the person calling others noncredible, while saying that the player that's never played a down, due to a KNOWN injury before he was drafted, is a bust or wasted pick, is the actual noncredible person.

Now I'll see my way out of the conversation and let the typical loud voices prevail.

20. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

[​IMG]