1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Texans place Nix on IR, sign Ryan Pickett

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by J.R., Sep 24, 2014.

1. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I think everyone agrees that Fitz sucks, but that shouldn't be a surprise. I'm just glad we didn't waste a pick reaching on a QB in this class, however it would be a lot easier to put up with Texans fans this year had we done so....at least till they turned on that pick for being mediocre and then it would be worse.

The team is relatively young, and has talent on every unit. Give them time.

2. macho87

macho87 Member

IR Chocolate

3. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

I'll give them time. I'm a 4th generation Houstonian. I've given every franchise in this city time. I'm not going anywhere. I'll root for them whether they're good or they suck.

4. chrispbrown

chrispbrown Member

3rd Round....

Y U NO MAKE PLAYERS?

5. Indaface

Indaface Member

Come on now I distinctly remember one of the team's 3rd rounders becoming the NFL Europe MVP

How many teams can say that!!!!

6. Remii

Remii Member

The problem is that Xavier may not even be the best guard out of this draft. The other problem is _ look at all of the other talented players they passed up for Xavier. And then they take a freakin blocking TE at the top of the 3rd.... And now Nix is out. And Clowney is on the sideline. I remember a lot of "A's" were given out for the Texans draft this year.... Lolzzzzz....!!!!

Ricky Smith is the devil...

7. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

I remember Foster playing well the minute started starting.

Brooks played well his first season, then regressed. He looked good in the preseason and against WAS, but hasn't done much since.

I have more confidence in this coaching staff to actually coach and maximize players' talent than previous regimes though.

8. Nimo

Nimo Member

Alfred Blue wasn't even the best RB available. Clowney was the only pick I liked from the draft but I wouldn't have minded if they had traded down for someone else. But hey, we got the best FB in the draft. Woo hoo!

9. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Who in your mind was the best RB available at 181? I know Pancakes was in love with Seastrunk but he's already been officially cut by 2 teams and a 3rd brought him in for a workout and passed on him so certainly that can't be who you are talking about. If it is....he's a FA.

10. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Foster was cut then resigned.

He did play well when he finally got on the field, although there were fumble issues.

11. Indaface

Indaface Member

No RB drafted after Blue has been worth a damn....the only one who has been better is Crowell who was undrafted with the Browns.

There's plenty you can nitpick about the draft so far but Blue is not one of the picks.

12. Nimo

Nimo Member

Maybe not available in the 6th round but they could have had Andre Williams in the 4th among others. I think Blue is more of a replacement than he is a complement to Foster. They run alike. The Texans should have gotten a change-of-pace back who runs differently (i.e. Tate). It wears defenses down.

13. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

Which was the last game of the season.

We're making judgements on rookies 3 weeks into the season. If anyone were asked to make a judgement on Foster at this point in 2009, the answer would be: WHO?

14. Remii

Remii Member

Isaiah Crowell and Jeremy Hill are the best RB's out of this draft IMO. They could have kicked Foster to the curb if they got one of them. Blue may turn out to be a keeper... He'll get plenty of chances to show what he can do this year but can't always depend on finding stud RB's late in the draft. Cleveland got them one this year with Isaiah. But we need a replacement for Foster and not a compliment.

15. Baseballa

Baseballa Member

You can't dog on the team for ignoring medical red-flags, then get on them for not drafting a dude with serious personal red-flags.

Crowell was kicked out of Georgia for a felony weapons charge.

He was a five star recruit who put up good numbers wherever he suited up in college, yet he went undrafted. This isn't rocket science.

16. Remii

Remii Member

I didn't get on the Texans for not drafting Isaiah or Jeremy, I just said "if they would have gotten one of them"...

And Isaiah is still on an NFL team and has passed up West who was taking in the 3rd round and is on the verge of taking Ben Tate's starting position. Texans could have brought him in for practically nothing as a UDF. His Felony charges were dropped and he stayed out of trouble at Alabama St. when he transferred (which is probably why he didn't get drafted because he played in the SWAC and didn't put up eye popping numbers like people expected). Isaiah and Blue would have been a nice combination to take over for Foster. And it was some other good RB's in the draft as well. I just think Isaiah and Jeremy are the best two (Jeremy had a sexual assault allegation and still got drafted in the 2nd round).

17. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

Who gives a ****. What did we miss on? stats - carries, yards, avg

Blue 25 118 4.7
    Crowell 27 141 5.2
    Hill 26 132 5.1

Go back to complaining about the Clowney pick, and everybody else in the draft you wanted. It's a better argument.

18. Remii

Remii Member

Obviously you don't and that's fine. But it's a discussion board and you grown men should stop being so sensitive and crying over other people's post...

19. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Are you male or female? Respect either way

20. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

Time to give this man some major props...our run defense has tremendously improved. Thanks Rick for listening and giving this man a contract.

1 person likes this.