1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Texans place Nix on IR, sign Ryan Pickett

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by J.R., Sep 24, 2014.

1. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Calm down on the bust talk. They knew what they were doing. It was a chance to get a high upside player later in the draft. I like the risk. I think it can pan out at some point.

2. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

It was the 3rd round

3. solid

solid Contributing Member

"Wasted days and Wasted Picks"

4. RockFanFirst

RockFanFirst Member

He probably needs to work on being less fat. He gets a whole year to do that.

5. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Yup. 3rd round. 1st round talent upside in round 3. People always talk about other teams finding contributors in the 3rd round assuming the Texans are the only team in the league that cant hit on anything. The hit rate is low all around. There's only a handful of teams that can do it somewhat consistently.

The Nix pick was fine. I still like it.

6. Fantasma Negro

Wow season ending IR? Didn't see that coming. I thought he and Clowney would return to the field at the same time. I hope he takes this time and properly rehabs his knees and comes in next season ready to be that Vince Wilfork/ Haloti Ngata type guy cause that's what I saw in him at South Bend.

7. MystikArkitect

Kareem showed up. Got his ass burned but showed up. Nix sounds like Montgomery v2.0. We just did this not a season ago.

Not buying this "injured" stuff either from Texans brass. There were no questions about Clowney's injuries. We knew what they were and were at least told. It's obvious Nix has something else going on based on Obrien's treatment of him and the media around him.

8. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

9. Mr. Clutch

Drafting 1st round talents who drop doesn't seem to work that well. They are dropping for a really good reason and other teams aren't stupid.

I'd feel better if it wasn't IR and instead was a clear injury with a timetable to return.

I'd rather go for a guy who is moving up in the draft (Garoppolo).

10. platypus

platypus Member

OMFG they cannot be blowing draft picks like this. You have to draft contributors, they waste a 2nd on a position that they don't need (guard) and then draft Nix who isn't gonna even play.

Tell me whold it have been hard to draft Grapollo or Carr with the Nix pick and have them compete with fitzy? Hell according to oakland carr is better than our last starting QB.

11. Raven

Raven Member

Our 2-14 draft sure is kicking ass so far!

:rolleyes:

1 person likes this.
  12. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Garoppolo wasn't available in round 3.....

13. Mr. Clutch

Not saying use the nix pick on him, just that he moved up to the 2nd and was still worth it IMO. Guys move up and down for legit reasons.

Probably should've used the X pick on him though...

14. J.R.

J.R. Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>&quot;They said they need help stopping the run and that’s what I do. I’m excited about the opportunity.&quot; -- new <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Texans?src=hash">#Texans</a> NT Ryan Pickett</p>&mdash; Dave Zangaro (@DZangaro) <a href="https://twitter.com/DZangaro/status/514825013376344065">September 24, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>NT Ryan Pickett to the <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Texans?src=hash">#Texans</a>. He'll stuff the interior run and be a locker-room leader just like he did for <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Packers?src=hash">#Packers</a> from 2006-'13.</p>&mdash; Bob McGinn (@BobMcGinn) <a href="https://twitter.com/BobMcGinn/status/514834245986971648">September 24, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

#34 J.R., Sep 24, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 24, 2014
  15. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

Fat guy in a little coat. Is that better?

16. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Too early to call anyone a bust, but so far our day 1 picks aren't really contributing at all.

1. Clowney - injured
    2. Su'a-Filo - has upside, but can't beat out Ben Jones who is the worst player on a bad O-line?
    3. Fiedorowicz - has upside, but did we really need a TE this early in the draft?
    3. Nix - fat, coach hates him, done for the year
    4. Savage - will probably never be more than a backup

17. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

I guess IR is like the texans farm system.

18. Mr. Clutch

Most fans loved this draft. Naturally, it sucks.

Clowney and CJ will be good though.

19. vinsensual

vinsensual Member

Ugh that means more Powe. Teams are gonna be running all over him and Crick. Another first round talent guy who fell to midround because of injury. The 3rd and 4th round is probably full of these types of high talent guys who fell because of something.

It just sucks we can't hit on any of them. Some teams have a real knack for finding talent at certain positions. The Steelers got Sanders, Wallace, and Wheaton all in the 3rd. Chancellor and Sherman were 5th rounders. With us, I gotta think Bill Kollar has a hand in thinking he can coach up all these DL guys who fell (Nix, Crick, Montgomery just off the top of my head).

20. #1ROXFAN

#1ROXFAN Member

Andre Hal has potential to be a starting CB in the league. And i'm having doubts about Nix and his career