1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Texans OTAs

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Commodore, May 23, 2016.

1. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

LOL, that list includes one of the Texans WR's? Shocking when we're talking about the Texans WR corps that they'd do such a thing!

Look man, it's okay that your football takes are a joke. No one is perfect, just stop embarrassing yourself. That's all I really ask.

2. rhino17

rhino17 Member

I think you are overvaluing him

He contributed next to nothing as a wr (like I said, even less than Strong despite seemingly playing a lot more). I don't ever see him contributing much in the passing game.

And sure, he returned some kicks, but its not like he was particularly good at it.

He really doesn't do anything that can't be replaced and he doesn't really have a high ceiling, if there is someone they think can contribute to the team in a more meaningful way, he could easily be cut

3. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I think Mumphery is a guy that has solid hands and has some upside which is why I don't see him cut.....but I also don't see Strong cut, like at all. I think it's more likely that the Texans hold on to an extra WR and only bring 3 RB's.

4. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Lol, so you still think Shorts and Washington are elite. Horrible analysis.

Can you at least agree to not post about Mallet in Texans game threads? You refuse to answer this question .

5. Mr. Clutch

He was a rookie though. He can get better. I'm not so sure hes easy to replace considering our track record on special teams and WRs in recent years.

We'll see. Either way the FO thought we needed a lot of help at WR this year.

6. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Yeah...I never said that. I do still think that Shorts and Washington were the best WR depth the Texans have ever had before. Look it up kiddo, they've never had any WR depth whatsoever. Having some makes it the best.

It's funny, you're really the only person that posts about Mallett....and you do so because of how absolutely pants on head r****ded you looked after talking up Hoyer all year long. I know you are just a troll, but if you were better than that, you'd probably realize I was never actually a "Mallett fan", I just acknowledged the obvious fact that he was better than Hoyer.

I was never a Fitzpatrick fan as you accused me of being before that, I just realized he gave the team the best chance to win that year.

In fact, I was against Fitz, Hoyer, AND Mallett being picked up by the Texans to begin with because they are all 3 garbage level QB's. Now that the Texans have a QB that should be at least decent, there's no reason to talk about the QB's of the past, except when you constantly roll out with just the worst football takes ever. In those instances, it's important to remember that you just aren't any good at this, and shouldn't really be taken seriously.

7. eric.81

eric.81 Contributing Member

"You know what my favorite part of Texans threads are? People having petty arguments that don't really involve football at all."

- Nobody. Ever.

8. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Actually the argument was about football, or rather it was about Mr. Clutch's awful football takes that seem entirely divorced from reality.

Of course that won't be anyone's favorite part of Texans threads, but so long as he keeps bringing the hot takes, it's what we're stuck with.

9. Mr. Clutch

Are you going to keep bumping Texans game threads with posts about Mallet like you did last year?

10. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

****ing Christ, you two are worse than my dad's sisters. At least when they bicker with each other, I can grab a beer and go into the other room.

11. Mr. Clutch

True, I'll get back on topic.

12. eric.81

eric.81 Contributing Member

I don't want to get dragged into it Bobby, but can't you see how the above text in bold is not really about football?

Nobody cares about Mallett and Hoyer anymore Bobby.

Nobody care about how Bobby feels about Mallett and Hoyer anymore Mr. Clutch.

How about we drop it and talk about, you know, actual Houston Texans?

13. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

By all means, grab a beer and go into another room if you have nothing intelligent to add to the conversation.

14. Mr. Clutch

We are going to need some of the young defensive guys to step up since we didn't draft much there.

But last year the defense was a strength and we're bringing almost everyone back.

If Kevin Johnson and McKinney keep improving (and watt is 100%) then they should be fine.

Still need a defensive lineman and a cover linebacker though.

I think another issue with this team is depth. We don't have much of it. Need everyone to stay healthy.

15. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

The whole conversation was about football, or rather football hot takes. The conversation was initially about the potential Texans roster this season and the current Mr Clutch hot take was that Strong would be cut.....because reasons.

Some people were trying to discuss it rationally with him to no avail, so I thought some history as to Mr. Clutch's football hot takes would help move things along.

There's no reason in getting bogged down by ridiculous hot takes.....and then this happened.

16. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

just ignore what i posted.....which countered everything u said...lol.

17. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

Um.......Strong doesnt have a weight problem. He has been in shape since the middle of last season. Is around 200lb right now. He is bigger and faster than Mumph. Way more upside. Mumph is not making the team over Miller, Fuller, or Strong. If they would keep a 6th wr, it will be Worthy or that speed rookie for returns/special packages.

18. Mr. Clutch

OL is something to watch.

http://www.houstonchronicle.com/spo...at-center-left-guard-figure-to-be-8090807.php

Battles at center, left guard figure to be intense for Texans

The defensive line is looking for a new starter at right end to replace Jared Crick. The offensive line will have new starters at center and right guard in place of Ben Jones and Brandon Brooks.

Jeff Allen, signed as a free agent from Kansas City, is entrenched at right guard in place of Brooks.

The competition at center and left guard should be fierce.

19. Mr. Clutch

Like said, we'll see. Upside isn't everything if the player is dumb or has bad habits

Actually looking at it more I think we keep 6 wrs and keep both.

#219 Mr. Clutch, Jun 21, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 21, 2016
  20. houstonstime

houstonstime Member

Martin expected to beat out Bergstrom... Interesting, if true.