1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Texans make me appreciate the Rockets a lot more

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by joeson332, Dec 14, 2014.

1. joeson332

joeson332 Member

Have a good day kid

2. joeson332

joeson332 Member

its the NFL in general, their endorsements, fact that they are locally broadcast, it will always be kin here, no matter how mediocre they are.

3. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

I'm all for patience, but the Texans have had nearly a decade and a half since their inception and they have 2 playoff appearances and 2 playoff wins to show for it.

4. joeson332

joeson332 Member

What blows is I still support this team, buy all the shirts and everything yet still stuck on this mediocore train. THE JAGUARS have made it to a conference game

5. mdrowe00

mdrowe00 Member

Me neither.

That was about money at the end of the day. Give it to Barkley instead of to Sam Cassell and/or Robert Horry.

6. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

I've been in Houston for about 25 years and I couldn't name one current Astros player and only one Texan player (JJ Watts...and that is only cause he is all over TV).

7. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

There is no NBA team that is more popular than their NFL team (in cities that have both).

Even in San Fransisco/Bay Area where they go crazy for their Warriors... the 49ers are still kings of that area, and the Raiders fan base is deceptively loyal.

8. cardpire

cardpire Member

Cavs now.

NY NFL would be third in the pecking order if the Knicks weren't atrocious.

9. LabMouse

LabMouse Member

I just want to say the same thing.

10. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

I don't know, but I would hazard a guess that Cleveland, Chicago, and NY would probably make that list.

11. tmac2k8

tmac2k8 Member

to me it has nothing to do with which franchise had done more, it's just the simple fact that I grew up in the 80's and early 90's. My teams were the Astros, Rockets and Oilers. I just don't have the same passion for the Texans. They were like a consolation prize for losing the Oilers.

12. joeson332

joeson332 Member

See I legit can respect that

13. Play07

Play07 Member

Stumble across the next Russell Wilson??? They didn't want to take that risk, that guy was there draft before last

14. Dopamine

Dopamine Member

JJ Watt is a beast no doubt, but you literally can not watch 10 mins of local tv channel without seeing at least 3 commercials with his over-sized mug.

15. beardsanity713

I agree 100%

16. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

Totally agree

I get that this football country and I actually enjoy watching CFB/NFL, but the Texan's lovefest during the preseason has been nauseating.

In particular, it is difficult to hear all this talk about Texan fans being "diehards" through the good and the bad when you know the team's history.

...the NBA can't start soon enough

17. J.R.

J.R. Member

Here! Here!

I'll say it here instead of the Texans forum ;-) and it won't be popular:

We have reached the point of J.J. Watt OVERSATURATION! J.J. Watt shoved down our throats.

Great for the Texans because without him, there wouldn't be much pub but damn, surely there is a breaking point in there of how much J.J. Watt we get shoved down our throats, right? I've reached that point.

J.J. Watt and his gatorade commercials
    J.J. Watt and his NRG commercials
    J.J. Watt and his Ford commercials
    J.J. Watt and his fantasy football commercials
    J.J. Watt and reporting on his meal plan. Now that you have his meal plan down, you'll tell me his bathroom schedule. :rolleyes:
    J.J. Watt signing autographs and kissing babies.
    J.J. Watt playing catch after practice with a disadvantaged or special needs child.
    J.J. Watt giving a shout out to this local team and that local team.
    J.J. Watt shown doing extra work/practice when no one else is around.
    J.J. Watt doing [this great deed and that great deed].

I get it. J.J. Watt is a great guy. J.J. Watt is special on the field and off the field....

...but we've reached the point of oversaturation with J.J. Watt.

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  18. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Agreed there's too much Watt everywhere, but I can't fault him for that.

If you were Watt and you were approached by, say, Gatorade, to "act" in a commercial for 10 minutes on your off day for a ****-ton of money, wouldn't you take the money too? I know I would.

19. tmac2k8

tmac2k8 Member

I'm telling you, the Astros will make it into the playoffs and first game of the ALDS will be October 8. Meanwhile the Texans will play a prime time game that same night against the Colts. 100% guaranteed the Texans game will blow the Astros first playoff appearance in 10 years out of the water in ratings locally.

I am willing to bet the coverage is much deeper for the Texans game than the first Astros playoff game.

20. J.R.

J.R. Member

You are correct on that. We're all taking those commercial deals. :)