1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Texans get Demaryius Thomas

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by RasaqBoi, Oct 30, 2018.

1. Nimo

Nimo Member

What about a probowl corner over a PS guy in Wright or Mike Tyson ?

2. Juxtaposed Jolt

Between Sutton, Sanders and Thomas, there's not that much of a discrepancy.

11.1 yards per catch for Thomas, 13.6 for Sanders. Both guys have 3 TDs. I don't watch the Broncos at all, but I feel like Sanders is the big play guy, while Thomas was the stabilizing guy. And Sutton is up-and-coming.

I think you're a little too harsh on DT, without even seeing him play with Watson.

macho GRANDE and Joshfast like this.
  3. Wattafan

Wattafan Member

I'm on board with the trade, but I do have some questions.
    It seems that OB struck on a successful formula to get the best out of DW4 and that was to run the ball more rather than asking him to pass.
    Therefore, it would seem smart to have a run game that forces defenses to respect our run - opening up the passing game.
    Sure, we needed another threat on the edges and that is why I'm on board with the trade, but Texans need to go one step further to turbocharge this O and that is another strong option out of the backfield for a bona fide 1-2 punch - that defenses will be wary of.
    I see some fans voicing concerns he may have lost a step or even two, but so did AJ in his declining years. Thomas is 6'3" so is a big target and can still take catches over defenders.
    The oline seems to have found a bit of something for the run and it will likely take a couple of seasons to fix so the same game plan will get the best out of it as well. It does take time for lines to gel, so here's hoping this one is taking strides in the right direction.

#203 Wattafan, Oct 30, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 30, 2018
  4. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

The Texans playing the arms race, and I love it!

5. buffalobills!!!

Need NFL players at WR outside of bum Benjamin

6. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

Not in the middle of the season. Colvin is back after the bye. So is Joseph. Ride with that. Safety’s have been nice.

Feed your strongest player aka Watson. He needs WRs.

7. Redfish81

Redfish81 Member

I like the move.

1. Fuller can't be trusted as a number 2 receiver since he can't stay on the field
    2. The Texans are awful at drafting mid-round players and Thomas will most likely be a better player than any 4th rounder picked by the Texans
    3. Thomas is signed through next year but no guaranteed money. That gives you options (cut, redo contract, or keep contract in place) that are needed considering we don't know how Fuller will recover from the ACL surgery.

The 4th round picks of the Texans since 2013...

2013 Trevardo Williams bust
    2014 Tom Savage bust
    2015 none
    2016 Tyler Ervin meh
    2017 Julie'n Davenport meh/tbd
    2017 Carlos Watkins ? king of the inactive players this year
    2018 Keke Coutee Already the best player of this group and he's missed half of the 8 games....

8. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

Berman in HOney Badgers bathroom

9. J.R.

J.R. Member

Ha. ... From the Bills perspective, OK, but from Pryor's? They don't have a QB. Is Josh Allen coming back anytime soon (or at all this year)?

He had that one "OK" year in Cleveland but let go by Washington, let go by the Jets, ... I'd think he'd want to "rebuild" his value and not sure he can do it in Buffalo.

10. clutch citizen

clutch citizen Contributing Member

Texans needed another threat at WR. If they rolled out there with P squad guys like Vyncint Smith, teams could easily stifle the run, which is already suspect as it is. DT spreads th defense more to allow the running game to have a chance. On top of all that, don’t forget Foreman should be coming back, so that’s like another move. Either way, we have to hope the oline continues to stabilize and Lamar Miller continues to be quick and decisive like the past two games.

UTSA2step likes this.
  11. Nimo

Nimo Member

I have watched a few Broncos games and I have seen not only drops but him just giving up on plays. Sanders was the more reliable receiver. For a guy his size, Thomas really should be doing more. If he comes in and is energized and motivated then great. Like I said, he doesn't make this years team worse so I'm not tripping. Still would have preferred a CB and/or RB?

12. Nimo

Nimo Member

He also needs OLinemen and RBs and TEs LOL.

Colvin has been disappointing even when he was healthy. We have so easily forgotten how bad Kareem was at CB. Joseph is hurt and will miss at least the next game.

13. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

Watson can work around the trash o line. Tight ends are rookies. Rb... we always knew they sucked.

Shotgun from here. Haha

14. Wattafan

Wattafan Member

I'm pretty sure I saw somewhere that Foreman's injury is bad enough to prevent him returning this season.
    Miller and Blue were good enough against Miami, but how will they fare against good defenses?
    What happens to our run game if Miller goes down?
    Scary thought right there.

15. clutch citizen

clutch citizen Contributing Member

The RB crew is average at best. If Miller goes down, gotta rely on guys that know the system. A very scary thought indeed. There’s always guys in the FA pool. But still. Deshaun would have to help in that department too. Obviously that’s not preferred

Wattafan likes this.
  16. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Very underrated. Denver is blowing up roster before too late.
    I hadn't seen him in a while he looked alright against KC

17. raining threes

What a sad lot, no wonder depth is lacking.

18. Shark44

Shark44 71er
    Supporting Member

I've lived in Colorado Springs the last 8 years and regrettably my wife is a Broncos Fan, though we both are from Texas City. With that as my backdrop, I've been watching Broncos games for that amount of time and have seen DT since his rookie year. His first two years were pretty sub par as he seemed to be adjusting to the NFL from GA, but then Manning arrived and the kid just exploded. Yes, he'll drive you crazy with a drop now and then, but he's an AJ sized receiver who runs good routes, has a big catch radius, and super blocking skills. Most of his drops are on seemingly routine catches, but he comes up with some big time plays and will bring another play making element to our offense. He's also a very good teammate and why so many Bronco players are miffed. He's only 30, that's still young for a WR and his decline is due more to QB performance, than his ability. Something that I didn't see mentioned is that he's a Superbowl Champion and has been in the game twice... that has additional value to our team.

As for the trade itself, a 4th round pick was a bargain. We actually get the NYG's 7th rd pick, which could be top 5 (not a big deal, but every spot helps). I like him much better than Tate and I like that he's got another year on his contract. We'll likely try to renegotiate that and extend him for a few years. Gaine went out and got probably the best overall WR value on the market and paid pennies on the dollar. I think that's a solid "A".

joshuaao, Wattafan, UTSA2step and 5 others like this.
  19. aelliott

aelliott Contributing Member

That has absolutely nothing to do with your statement that Fuller drops the ball or my reply to that statement.

20. Fulgore

Fulgore Member