1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Texans Free Agent News

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Nimo, Mar 7, 2016.

1. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

Who was our worst lineman.

Seriously, good riddance to Clark. He was terrible.

2. Rockets FTW

Rockets FTW Member

With all the Brock Osweiler talk and expected "huge" offer from the Texans...

What would be the realistic expectations from fans on next season if we do sign him?

I think it would be rather good.

3. Scolalist

Scolalist Member

Tackle and Guard are definate needs in the draft, and it's a great class. Would strongly consider Spriggs in the first. A dominate left tackle who would start Day 1 at RT and can move over in a few years.

O Line and Safety are the weakest areas, could see two of the first three rounds addressing both. I see Hackenberg as a 4th in mocks, but he could rise.

Vernon Butler is also in play.

4. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Well, he'll probably be better than Hoyer because he's a QB, but i don't think he'll be good enough to get the Texans where they want to be and it'll probably put a cap on how successful the season can be and yet another failed BOB type QB will really put a strain on the fanbase.

5. Scolalist

Scolalist Member

He might be the best option available who can put the team as a legit team in the playoffs. But I'd still take a QB in the draft. Until the Texans fix the O-line and stop giving up 6-8 sacks every game no QB is going too be succesful. Don't want another David Carr scenario, where your future QB gets gunshy or has numerous concussions (Hoyer) or a season ending shoulder injury (Savage)

6. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I'm not sure Brock Osweiler would be significantly better than David Carr.

7. Nimo

Nimo Member

The draft actually is not that good for guards; especially after the 2nd round. You really want stability and continuity on the OLine. If you have a rookie, you better surround him with veterans on the line.

8. edwardc

edwardc Member

He should be a big signing for the Texans.

9. Rockets FTW

Rockets FTW Member

I think he would. He's shown some good signs of becoming pretty darn good.

25 years old... if he turns out to be good. We could feasibly be set at QB for the next 10-15 years. Something to think about there...

10. Nimo

Nimo Member

and if he doesn't..?

11. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Texans in talks with cornerback A.J. Bouye <a href="https://t.co/lWLKHAMYd9">https://t.co/lWLKHAMYd9</a> via <a href="https://twitter.com/HoustonChron">@HoustonChron</a></p>&mdash; Aaron Wilson (@AaronWilson_NFL) <a href="https://twitter.com/AaronWilson_NFL/status/706976895804420096">March 7, 2016</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

12. The Hunted

The Hunted Member

Official mantra of the Texans fan.

13. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Am I crazy or is there a lot less news this year than normal?

14. Nimo

Nimo Member

Not really. Do you really want me to start a list of all the failed Free Agents that were signed based on "if he turns out to be good..." or "if he is still good..."? Please don't make me do that, that's just depressing.

I'm all about taking chances. But fans get mad because they are not taking the chances they want. You've fallen in love with RG3's college and rookie tape; don't fault them for paying attention to the 3 years since then.

15. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

Then he's cut, BOB is fired, and we start the process over.

16. Nimo

Nimo Member

Oops. Wrong thread. I was thinking RG3, not Brock. Brock's tape is even worse. He doesn't have the magical rookie year. All he has is a mediocre half-season.

17. Nimo

Nimo Member

Free Agency hasn't really started yet. Teams can only contact agents, not write up contracts. Give it a few days.

18. Nimo

Nimo Member

sigh.

I don't really care what FA QB the Texans sign. I'm not in love (nor do I hate) any of them. I just want them to still draft a QB.

19. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

They changed that his year actually. Teams can discuss money just nothing is biding until league year starts.

However we normally heard things as soon as the moratorium started in years past

20. jev5555

jev5555 ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Titans get DeMarco Murray is a game changer for them. Look out for Tennessee.