1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Texans First AFC South Division Crown Watch

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by emjohn, Sep 26, 2011.

1. emjohn

emjohn Contributing Member

To help take the bad taste out of our mouths from the Saints loss.

Texans (2-1, 1-0 div)
    Averaging 30 ppg, allowing 20 ppg
    Next up: two game homestand vs Steelers, Raiders
    Flex Games: Beat MIA, vs OAK
    * Expected to get back Arian Foster this week

Titans (2-1, 0-1 div)
    Averaging 19 ppg, allowing 14.3 ppg
    Next up: two game road trip @Clevland, @Pittsburgh
    Flex Games: beat DEN, @BUF
    * Kenny Britt expected to be out for the season (ACL)

Jags (1-2, 1-0 div)
    Averaging 9.7 ppg, allowing 20.7 ppg
    Next up: two game homestand vs Saints, Bengals
    Flex Games: lost to NYJ, vs SD
    * Benched Luke McCowen and starting rookie QB Blaine Gabbert

Colts (0-3, 0-1 div)
    Averaging 15.3 ppg, allowing 28 ppg
    Next up: away @ Tampa Bay, home vs Chiefs (Toilet Bowl 2011 - Tickets still available!)
    Flex Games: @NE, vs KC
    * Peyton Manning expected to be out for the season (neck)

#1 emjohn, Sep 26, 2011
    Last edited: Sep 26, 2011
  2. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

I'm guilty of getting ahead of myself, but I'm anxiously wondering who our wildcard opponent is going to be. Likely Steelers, Ravens, or Jets.

3. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

I dont recall a team where the stars have aligned like this years Texans... It couldnt get any more easier than this...For all the Schaub doubt Ive said ....Schaub > Gabbert^2+Collins+Hasselbeck+ Painter^3

4. Hey Now!

Hey Now! Contributing Member

LOL. I've already checked potential flex games (that ATL match-up is a PRIME candidate... NBC has IND/NE that night. If the Colts are 2-and-whatever, surely they won't subject us to that just to get the Pats on the schedule, will they? BTW, sooooooooooooo glad Manning is done - but, boy, does it put a crimp in the primetime schedule. Last night's game ended up being entertaining - but we've got several more Peyton-less night ahead of us, including next Monday night. Ugh. Double ugh if Painter is starting.)

emjohn, carry on. Yesterday was disappointing - but in the grand scheme of things: meaningless. These next three games are far more important. I'll lose that game 1,000 times in a row if we go 3-0/2-1 these next three weeks. And I'd lose it 1,000,000,000 times in a row if we go 5-1 against the Central.

Only thing that bothers me... Tennessee looks pesky. If CJ ever wakes up........ (I have to keep telling myself Matt Hasselback is prominently involved.....)

5. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

Just as easy as the Ravens had it over the Titans.

6. ThaShark316_28

Ravens will be a week to week team until we get into November...

they'll likely look like **** vs the Jets.

7. greenhippos

greenhippos Member

Steelers needed a last second FG to win their game, they should be ripe for the picked next week. Even with a loss to the Ravens it still puts us as 4-2 with a cream puff schedule for most of the rest of the season.

8. msn

msn Member

toooo much confidence for a team whose only labels have been "loser" and "perennial mediocrity".

I won't buy in until week 13 is over and our Texans are not 5-7.

9. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

It's not confidence in the texans, it's doubt in everybody else.

10. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

While I believe that this group would have to attain levels of incompetency the world has never seen in order to flub away this division. However, if they DON'T win the division, I'm coming after you for creating this massive jinx of a thread, emjohn.

[​IMG]

;)

11. Ricksmith

Ricksmith Contributing Member

I'd feel much better if the Texans could beat the Steelers and Ravens, and somehow get a 1st round bye. If they play a wild card game, I hope it's against the Raiders or Jets.

12. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

I was watching that steeler/colts game last night (God knows why...) and trying to figure out who I should be pulling for.

Normally, you automatically root against your division, but you have to think the colts are going to be such a non-factor that it may have helped us out more if they had upset the steelers, who we may be competing for home field with eventually.

But I guess I'd rather face the steelers next week coming off a win than coming off an embarrassing loss on national television.

13. emjohn

emjohn Contributing Member

Don't think it didn't cross my mind! Notice the carefully worded title and OP!

14. Hey Now!

You don't want to wake a sleeping giant; put a stake in them and take of business with Pittsburgh personally.

Before the Texan-Colt game, when I cautioned being TOO confident, last night was how I imagined the Colts *could* play. Freeny and Mathis are still disruptive forces and, good lord, the Steelers had NOWHERE to run. (They're, of course, a different team on that turf.) I still think the Colts will win 5-6 games. No sense giving 'em a cheapie.

15. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

I think we'll be fine. Even with the 5 iffy games we have on our schedule, we should be able to take this division pretty easily. I think it'll take 9 games to win it which is very doable for this team. There's really no reason why this team can't go 5-1 or 6-0 vs. the division opponents.

16. Bear_Bryant

Bear_Bryant Member

Kenny Britt out for the rest of the season is huge for us. The titans are our main concern in our division so this helps us a lot (Although we do wish him well in recovery)

17. weslinder

weslinder Contributing Member

Call me superstitious, but I don't like this thread.

18. Hey Now!

Speak for yourself. I'd love to add him to the "forced to retire" list, right under Mr. Peyton Manning.

19. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

I'm really hoping that it's the Jets or Steelers.

On a side note, anyone else worried about the Colts getting a top 1-3 pick and adding top-notch talent?

#19 sammy, Sep 26, 2011
    Last edited: Sep 26, 2011
  20. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I don't believe in Jinxes. I think the Steelers or the Jets will be 1st round opponent

Rocket River