1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Texans Draft Pick Thread

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Icehouse, Dec 24, 2006.

1. Jared Novak

Jared Novak Contributing Member

If they could trade down again and get a late first I'd like to see them take Sidney Rice out of South Carolina.

2. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

Hester is almost exclusively a special teams player where as Ginn is a WR who will also have to block and be able to get passed DBs bigger, stronger, and some just as fast as he is.

3. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Ginn would be a nice special teams player, but I'm not sure if he's worthy of a first round pick. Plus, we already have a Pro Bowl kick returner, if he's healthy.

4. CriscoKidd

CriscoKidd Member

As leary as I am going with a wr in the first, it looks like the Texans almost have to address the wr position with either their 1st or 3rd rounder. There is likely going to be no more substantial cuts and the best wrs out in fagency are Travis Taylor(ick) and Antonio Bryant(headcase that is one failed drug test from sitting out a season). The texans can't go with what they have currently. And I know the wr class is deep this year, but you can't count on getting a gem in the 4th on and hoping he comes in and makes an impact.

If they were to go wr with the 1st rounder, I would hope they go with Bowe or Meachem. I really like Bowe and think his physical style would really help out the offense. Meachem is a speed guy who is good after the catch and doesn't have any real holes to his game. Both will be available and I also think both are a little underrated right now.

Ginn is r-a-w. He has a lot of work to do to become an nfl reciever and he may never get there. He may become a special player, but the Texans don't need to take any unnecessary gambles, which is what Ginn is right now. Jarrett I dunno. I am scared that he might be too slow.

5. Lil Francis

Lil Francis Member

They might just take Ginn at #10. Rice has better hands but Ginn and Johnson at wideout would be lethal.

6. Jared Novak

Jared Novak Contributing Member

Like a lot of people I think Ginn is a Devin Hester type player, will be a great special teams player but not a primary receiver. Rice's hands are the reason why I like him, he doesn't have the greatest speed but he can be a good possession receiver to line up opposite of AJ.

At this point I hope they get decent compensation is a trade of Carr (a fourth rounder seems more realistic) and hope they hit on their picks and win some more games next season.

7. jojobabbu

jojobabbu Member

PLAYMAKER TEXANS NEED

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WGyrgqOKZLg

8. rhino17

rhino17 Member

I havnt seen much of him, but I would prefer Ginn or Gonzales

9. H-Town Info

H-Town Info Member

i wish we can trade down and pick reggie nelson and recoup the second pick to get anthony gonzalez. Gonzalez would be the perfect #2

10. right1

right1 Member

I'm torn. Carr really struggled, but so did the whole team. I'm glad to see a change at QB, but at the expensive of not being able to get a FS, OL and a WR in the first three rounds hurts us. We need to fill these positions. Texans could have benefitted from Landry as a #8 pick. Any chances we get him at #10? I have an idea that Moss is headed from Oakland to Houston. Texans desperately need a #2 WR.