1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Texans.Com] Texans release Tony Banks, Marcus Coleman, and Tony Hollings

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by rikesh316, Feb 28, 2006.

1. swilkins

swilkins Contributing Member

I could care less for his personality. He's part of the problem, not the solution.

2. RocketFan007

RocketFan007 Contributing Member

Surprised to here about Walker being cut already, that means we eat $7.2 million of his bonus pay. Not sure how that gets spaced out though.

3. swilkins

He's over-priced and injury prone to boot. Plus he's whiner.

4. rikesh316

rikesh316 Member

Amen. Who cares about his personality. He is a horrible center.

5. rikesh316

rikesh316 Member

Fox 26 is reporting Gary Walker won't be cut untill after June 1st most likely because then it will be a less salary cap hit. The Texans have gave him permission to look for another team but won't cut him right now.

6. Hippieloser

Hippieloser Contributing Member

Ha ha, we're actually getting somewhere! Whoooo! FIRE 'EM ALL Gary!

7. Lil Francis

Lil Francis Member

Well he should run for governor then because he's not much of a football player. He sucks. Plus cutting him would save money to pick up someone that will actually help the O-Line

8. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

YESSSS!!!!! DAVE RAGONE moves UP! Give this kid a chance.. :D I really want to see him do well... he works WELL under pressure in the few games I've seen him play in the past 2 pre-seasons...

9. rockets-#1

rockets-#1 Contributing Member

Ugh. Everytime I read another thread documenting Casserly's moves it makes me lost and depressed. Why, why is he still the GM? What could McNair, Reeves, and Kubiak see in this guy? How many of his decisions have been good ones? Like 7 out of 100.

10. Chance

Chance Contributing Member

You guys are way off on McKinney. I am sure you've studied a ton of film and recognize the blocking chemes and all that crap.

He is in better physical shape than he was when he played for the Colts. He was part of the O-line that went from 3-13 to 13-3. He was drafted by them and then proceeded to start every game he was in there.

The truth is...you guys know the line sucked, realize that he was part of the line, so determined that he must suck. Plus your opinion is backed up by the media saying the o-line's gotta go.

If he would be a guard, he'd be fine. He'd be good. He's fast and strong. That's what Kubiak likes.

Of course I could be swayed because he's a chum...

BTW - Ragone is not an option as a back-up or starter. He's a waste. No team is gonna want him and he is absolutely, positively, terrible at his chosen profession. He's a great NFL Europer though. He'll get waived.

11. rrj_gamz

rrj_gamz Contributing Member

this is good, but it just highlights the bad choices we've made...HOwever, everyone in the league has bad choices, its just our are the worst...

12. macalu

macalu Contributing Member

wait, did you just say he does well under pressure in 2 pre-season games? HAHAHAHHAhAHhAAAH!!!

;)

13. Jared Novak

Jared Novak Contributing Member

You're absolutely right, McKinney is a guard who was playing out of position while lined up at center.

However, McKinney makes way too much and his play no matter whether it was out of position or not does not merit his pay. He needs to restructure his contract and has said he is willing to do that. If the Texans decide to slide him over to guard next season it would be a good move and gives the line a good veteran that can help out with the younger guys that will come in or help other veterans make the transition.

Ragone is a good QB, he was great his junior season at Louisville and had to put up with key losses his senior season. I think his work in Europe has shown that in the right system he could excel as a QB.

14. swilkins

Film and blocking schemes are not crap. :rolleyes:

And then they let him go.

I could give a **** less what the media thinks. I have watched, played, coached football in one way or another my entire life. I do focus on the players and how they perform under a coach's system. I also can give the benefit of the doubt, when a player is not playing in the way that best suits their ability. Don't speak for everyone in your assessment. This was out of line and has no substance IMO.

He may be your chum, but he has not earned his lofty paycheck. I'm willing to accept that it could have been because he was playing out of position. He did play fine at LG. Not 4 million dollar fine though.

He's not terrible. He just cannot perform at the NFL level. He hasn't had much of a chance as a 3rd stringer. I didn't think it was a good idea to draft a lefty, to back up a righty, but I'm not going to insult him over it.

15. rhester

rhester Contributing Member

Casserly will get fired. Because he is not through wrecking the franchise.
    It will hurt alot more, but at least at some point he will go.

It is to the shame of Bob McNair he is being allowed to do the damage.

Unless Casserly just gets really lucky and fortunate and uncharacteristic with this offseason (or Kubiak takes over and ignores CC)

The #1 pick doesn't bother me as much as wasting all the other good picks we have in a deep draft (2006)- Just remember Tony Hollings, Dave Ragone, etc, I've posted the list before.

16. RocketJedi

RocketJedi Member

Ragone is a Restricted Free Agent. I hope we re-sign him, but I don't worry too much about it since we would get 3rd round compensation if another team signs him out from under us.

17. RocketFan007

RocketFan007 Contributing Member

Well, our cap space went from about 10 million to 4 million after the Walker cut. Looks like we'd rather cut him, then bring in any free agents.