1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Texans can escape Schaub's contract after this year

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by KDJ3, Sep 30, 2013.

1. DieHard Rocket

DieHard Rocket Contributing Member

I disagree. It's not a wash. Anyone is capable of getting hot and going on a run once they get to the playoffs. I will absolutely not root for this team to lose at this point...we have too much talent to waste it. Last year we played championship caliber football for the first 10 or 11 weeks and fluttered out. Who's to say we can't get to that caliber over the last 11 weeks this year and hopefully carry it over into the playoffs?

I was simply saying that if Schaub continues making soul crushing mistakes and we lose 3 out of the next 4, including Indy on SNF at home, I would hope that would be enough to yank him. I don't want that to happen but I also see it as a possibility.

2. Brando2101

Brando2101 Contributing Member

Can you imagine if they pass on him in the draft? Fans would be pisssed.

3. Pringles

Pringles Member

Vince Young/Reggie Bush 2.0?

4. emjohn

emjohn Contributing Member

Have to ask yourself who fed the Chron the information about the "out" in his contract. I promise you, it wasn't John McClain deep digging, Gary Kubiak, or Schaub's agent.

With the Watt contract on the horizon, charity contracts aren't a high priority. Earn your keep.

5. Stack24

Stack24 Contributing Member

I can't stand his attitude. The guy feels entitled and that's not what McNair likes. I think there is a long line of pros that can't wait to put a lick on him.

6. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

No way John Football falls to us.

7. thething

thething Contributing Member

Unfortunately, there is no way the Texans take him if he does fall that far.

8. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

Would be interesting to see but I'm not sure passing on him would be universally panned. Young and Bush were riding into the draft as high as they could hope for AND were consensus top 3 picks.

I'm not sure where Manziel will go in such a QB rich draft or what the rest of the season will look like for him.

Another interesting angle is that Casserly picked Mario before he resigned. I'm not inclined to believe Rick Smith would choose Manziel and create a QB controversy unless Schaub was already out the door. Not even the Jags are willing to do that with Tebow and their yet-to-be-drafted QB!

9. Raven

Raven Member

If Johnny "Football" keeps playing the way he's been playing, how could he not be the first QB drafted? The Texans have slipped a notch, but they aren't going to suck so bad that they get a top 5 pick.

10. SkyrimOwnsAll

SkyrimOwnsAll Member

Johnny Football reminds me way too much of Vick, without the arm strength

11. Mr. Clutch

John Football is far more accurate.

Vick to this day has several WTF passes per game.

12. Major

Major Member

I don't think he's remotely considered the #1 QB out there right now. College and pro QB's are very different, and some of what he does (scrambling around and then throwing jump balls off his back foot and hoping Evans catches them) isn't going to fly in the NFL.

I don't really know how accurate these are, but this one, for example, has JFF as the #5 QB taken (though at #10 overall):

http://nfl.si.com/2013/09/24/2014-nfl-mock-draft-teddy-bridgewater-jadeveon-clowney/

13. SkyrimOwnsAll

SkyrimOwnsAll Member

he's playing in the run and shoot offense, similar to Tebow, and he has a great o-line. I dont think he'll be that good in the pros, he also seems small, not sure he would be able to take hits like a Tebow or Cam can

14. oelman44

oelman44 Member

Why in the hell are people calling this a lossed season? Remember how badly Flacco played this early in the season last year? It's going to take a lot more then an OT loss to one of the top 3 teams in the NFL to make me think this season is a lossed cause, really yesterday showed me the defense is as good as it was last year, just have to fix up the catastrophic self destruction mode that happened yesterday.

15. SkyrimOwnsAll

SkyrimOwnsAll Member

i bet the next kid that comes in next year after Manzel will be just as good, maybe not as elusive, but i promise you its Kevin Sumlin's system, that makes these qb's look good

16. CCorn

CCorn Member

I'd be content with a new coach. I would love Gruden, too bad it will never happen.

17. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

I've actually seen more mocks having Johnny Football falling to the 2nd round. 5-11 running QB's with a small frame, off the field issues, and a good but not great arm are not ideal NFL QB's.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/prospectrankings/2014/QB

18. Mr. Clutch

To me, he can be a better passing Russell Wilson.

19. SkyrimOwnsAll

SkyrimOwnsAll Member

Marcus Mariota as the 3rd qb taken in the draft laughable, visit www.espn.com/nfl/draft.. and look at the top 32 players according todd mcshay. no manzel, no mariota in the list, but neither is tajh boyd which is shocking

their is difference between college spread offenses, and the NFL

20. SkyrimOwnsAll

SkyrimOwnsAll Member

he is not better Russell Wilson at all, not even close.... Wilson had over a 100 passer rating his rookie year.. and had 26 td passes