1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Texans @ Bengals

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by leroy, Sep 13, 2017.

1. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

2. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

We know the usual suspects in terms of flops, but someone that's not being mentioned all that much is Braxton Miller. I know he's raw, and has only been playing the position for a couple of years, but my goodness figure out a way to have SOME impact on the game.

macho GRANDE, Joshfast and Rudyc281 like this.
  3. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

My thoughts exactly.

4. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Gosh dang this is terrible lol. Our offensive line is barely even a factor.

5. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

We'd have about just as much success with 5 tackling dummies out there.

6. justtxyank

Probably more because at least those don't just fall down when pushed. XSF literally just gets pushed out of the way.

I don't know how much is coaching and how much is talent and brains, I really don't. It's hard for me to believe that these guys are this bad.

7. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

At least they stand a chance by falling down and tripping the opponent.

Geno Atkins is a probowler yes, but XSF literally put no resistance up in one on one situations.

I can guarantee there is a guy not playing NFL ball right now that could pick up the phone and outplay XSF. He needs to be cut. Send a message Rick.

8. Dankstronaut

Dankstronaut Way, way out here.
    Supporting Member

I think that involves BOB's offense showing some creativity, a stretch, but using Miller as a strict outside the hashes WR denies his greatest ability. Something supposedly a key for BOB....versatility.

Braxton should be a wild card. Someone who can play outside WR, yes, but also slot, A runner and someone who has the ability to competently throw the ball. Variety and misdirection are sorely lacking and could be a huge boost to this team.

It wouldn't even take much and putting that into a defenses mind would only serve to open up other players.

9. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

10. lnchan

lnchan Sugar Land Leonard

He won't do it because it is embarrassing considering who was drafted right after him...

11. justtxyank

He's been a complete bust and it's not because of Bob's lack of imagination (which is an issue yes.) Miller can't beat the press at the line of scrimmage. It takes him out of nearly every player. We have one good wide receiver on this team. One. Obrien has used one 1st round pick, 2 third round picks, one 5th round pick, one 6th round pick, one 7th round pick to get Fuller, Strong and Miller. That's 3 high picks and three low picks for 3 players that have combined to give you very little.

12. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

I think Fuller will be good but agreed on the rest. A bunch of nothing.

13. swyyyguy

swyyyguy Member

Let's bring @FTW Rockets FTW so he can make fun of all the egg ball fans!!

Daddy Long Legs likes this.
  14. justtxyank

Fuller gave you average rookie production last year considering he was a first round pick. There may be more there, hard to say. Still, six picks spent and you've got one guy who was ok his rookie year and that's it.

15. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

Center makes protection calls and this was clearly an outside stunt where a protection switch should have occurred. Rt looks at fault but he might have been told incorrect protection by center and even qb.

16. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Let's par
    Let's partayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy. Moar triple cheese burgers, moar cream soda for the eggballers

One game and the delusionals get their panties in a twist.

Daddy Long Legs and swyyyguy like this.
  17. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

Football sucks right? Why the hell you watch it then?

18. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

While it's true that this is pathetic, part of it is the stacked box they face on most of their snaps because the opposing defense knows that the Texans can't throw the ball deep. It just makes a bad O line issue even worse. Of course given that 5 O linemen can't hold back a 4 man rush for considerably longer than parking cones could, you couldn't throw deep even if you were playing a QB capable of it so I guess it's back on the O line.

I'm not sure how they got this much worse in one season, but.....damn.

19. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

FYI - Never watched a single minute over the past few season

Overall, I have watched maybe about 5 minutes top over my entire life. In those games, I saw a bunch of clock stops and timeouts for these obese dudes to get a drink 30 seconds into the game and I realized eggball is not for me. 30 damn seconds and these unathletic dudes like Fatt need a break for a drink. Yeah that's not a "sport" to me.

TheRealist137 likes this.
  20. HillBoy

HillBoy Contributing Member

For sure. The OL simply had zero push when the ball was run. Plus the Bungles were able to rush 4 against 6 and still get to the QB. They were so bad they had me questioning just why I bother to watch pro football particularly Texans football.