1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Texans @ Bengals

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by leroy, Sep 13, 2017.

1. Tha_Dude

Tha_Dude Contributing Member

I like Watson, win or lose. I think he can be the future of this team.

Two Sandwiches likes this.
  2. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

3. conquistador#11

100 yards that were lost on hopkins getting interfered purposely because he got past the defense and the saving tackle by the bengals' turf monster with endless real estate in front of him.

I'd like to see b.o.b use the bootleg more. 99% of our pass plays look like they're going to be screens due to the defenders being in the backfield so quickly. =)

red5rocket and ghettocheeze like this.
  4. cdrive

cdrive Contributing Member

Rookies can't start. QBs can't run for 50 yard TDs. Take that boring Brain Damage Farm!

5. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

6. Buck Turgidson

That's certainly not what Coach told us this week.

justtxyank likes this.
  7. IronTexan93

IronTexan93 Member

I'd be salty too if I kept getting embarrassed by the same team for almost 6 years in a row.

Two Sandwiches and RasaqBoi like this.
  8. liveguy

liveguy Member

that's cute.

A playoff team that's beatin them each time they played in the playoffs over the last 5 years is now the "worst team in the league?" GTFOH

I think what they were saying was "we're the worst team in the league!!!!"

Two Sandwiches, Fulgore and RasaqBoi like this.
  9. ghettocheeze

ghettocheeze Member

The other rookie I was most impressed with tonight is Cunningham who on at least 4 plays chased down the runner on the edge and stopped big gains from developing.

He will have a huge impact on defense if he can lock down the edge and force runs back inside to Watt and company.

10. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Watson started off shaky but he was actually decent from the 2nd quarter on. He didn't throw any risky passes and made a few big plays. Great game to build off of and improve on.

11. conquistador#11

Usually a fan of this guy. But the number of sacks means very little. 1 blitz by the Bengals all game and they created havoc just with their dline

12. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

Plays like this are communication issues, not talent. It could be due to having a rookie center. Plays like this also due to the truant veteran RT.

craigharmann likes this.
  13. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

he's trying to support his narrative that it wasn't savage's fault and BOB pulled him way too early.

14. rocketpower2

rocketpower2 Member

Shoutout to Fairbairn for doing his job. Wish Izzo would just let him kick it out of the end zone every kickoff (he certainly can) instead of putting air under the ball because our coverage teams are straight garbage.

15. Scarface281

Scarface281 Contributing Member

I said poor man's Vick. His escapability and elusiveness is not as good as Vick obviously but he is pretty good at it especially with this line. He'll start seeing the field a lot better and hopefully Brown comes back and provides that much needed extra protection.

16. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

17. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

crazy.. It's starting to really look like sabotage.

18. tmactoyao

tmactoyao Member

yeah but they play nothing alike, which was my point. the only thing you can compare is their running ability and they are completely different runners so i don't get the comparison. calling someone a "poor man's" version of someone else is saying they're similar but one is just a b level or worse version of them.

19. HstnSprtsFan101

The more it settles in the more jacked I get. The idea of playing an NFL game then having to play another one with three days rest on the road can't be over looked. TNF is disastrous but we showed up and handled business. I think as fans all we can really ask is the players leave it out there and be focused. I think we saw that tonight. I was worried BOB may have lost the team but that wasn't the case tonight. Again, not pretty by any means but a hard fought W. We are Andy Daltons daddy.

20. Fantasma Negro

Yeah so we'd be preparing for his wake today had Tom Savage played last night. I'll take the win but those ****ing linemen are horrendous. Hopefully Davenport is as good as they say he is and Duane can get his head out of his ass and play for the contract he signed regardless of the circumstances

#1420 Fantasma Negro, Sep 15, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 15, 2017
    juanm34 likes this.