1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Texans @ Bengals

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by leroy, Sep 13, 2017.

1. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

Probably better than any TE in franchise history minus OD.

2. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

3. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

Ross and Green are going to abuse Joseph / Johnson.

4. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

Edit: I'm late to the party, tweet was already posted.

Being game two.... I'm just not ready to entirely give up on them yet....mentally that is... and I'll still watch games when I'm able to.

Crazy how much has happened already this season. :(

#64 Uprising, Sep 14, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 14, 2017
    Two Sandwiches likes this.
  5. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

HAHAHHAHAHAHAH

Keep riding JJ Fatt. I have told you for years, Eggball Texans ain't winning **** as long as Fatt is on the team. You can take that to the bank.

6. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Does your hatred for Watt go back to his college days or what? One player doesn't make a football team go down, and especially when they are good. It's not like he is a quarterback, who we depend on to score. But, I get not liking certain players. I can't stand Harden's arm flinging foul drawing style of getting to the free throw line, and the Rockets never won anything with him either. Either way, I still root for who we have, just because I want our teams to win.

7. FTW Rockets FTW

Harden>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Fatt

It ain't even close. One player (Harden) plays game in game out and has never missed the playoffs as a Rocket. Another one (Fatt) takes almost an entire season off and when he does play leads his team to 2-14 and 0-30 HUMILIATION at home. For more, read:

http://bbs.clutchfans.net/index.php?threads/jj-watt-vs-james-harden.284984/#post-11291080

8. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

I didn't say Harden wasn't durable. I just don't like his style, and he never led us to a Championship even when he took the majority of 3's, and his arm flapping foul drawing strategy didn't work. When a guy takes most of the shots your success depends on him stepping up in clutch time he will make or break you. Watt isn't a factor on our offense playing well. We haven't had a decent quarterback or coaching style to suit who we had.

9. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

would be a cool stat if we found a good one and still moved on. neither team ever found a good one so let's laugh at them for moving on? shouldn't we mock for sticking with a bad one?

Two Sandwiches likes this.
  10. FTW Rockets FTW

Rockets will be a lottery team without James Harden. Just look at where we were before he got here vs now when we are a guaranteed playoff team

As for eggball Texans, Fatt makes them worse. When Fatt was there, he led them to a 2-14 season and when he sat out last season, eggball Texans got better. Those are facts. He is addition by subtraction

11. ghettocheeze

ghettocheeze Member

15 years between first round QB selections from David Carr (2002) to DeShaun Watson (2017). In between, Texans traded away the Joe Flacco selection and passed on Derek Carr.

zeeshan2 likes this.
  12. Wolverrines

Wolverrines Member

Texans win 13-7. Defense come back strong and does something unusual for them get defensive score. Offense sucks per usual.

13. T for 3

T for 3 Member

Watt has also had one of the most dominant defensive seasons in NFL history. He has anchored a defense which lead a team to the playoffs who had no business being there offensively. It is so much harder to make the playoffs in the NFL, especially when a team sucks offensively. I get it, you don't like football, but Watt earned his stripes, there is no question. He has a history, not only of injuries, but of being a game breaking player in a sport where (on defense) it is very hard for individual players to "take over" games. In that sense, comparing Watt to Harden is apples and oranges.

14. HillBoy

HillBoy Contributing Member

Naw, we'd NEVER be that lucky... :rolleyes:

15. HstnSprtsFan101

lol even though that may have coulda been a completion, more times than not throwing off your back foot is going to lead to bad things. Every throw Savage made was off his back foot. Some of those sacks were all on him. I counted one where he held the ball for five seconds. I get he has **** at WR but the guy is fat, slow and his "big arm" sure doesn't translate to game day. Looked like he was guiding every throw instead of letting it rip.

16. solid

solid Contributing Member

Ha. You know, I am more concerned about DW's safety than I am about winning or losing. He is the future. Also, where do you go to put little faces on your posts?

17. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

Being a lottery team isn't much better than to keep getting your hopes up just to lose in the playoffs with Harden. Get your hopes up just to get let down when he doesn't come through. Regardless, maybe Chris Paul will be the difference maker in Clutch Time this year. I sure hope so. To say Watt is the reason we lose is just a ridiculous thing though. Now, if you factor in all the money we pay him and all the guys we had to let go to keep within the salary cap, then it makes a bit of difference, when he is hurt and not helping much. But, any really good defensive players will cost just as much.

18. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

19. Buck Turgidson

Why are you guys letting the "eggball" clown (can't see it but I know exactly who you're talking to) muck up the game thread by taking his troll shtick seriously. Just ignore it, or him.

@deb4rockets @T for 3

Bobbythegreat likes this.
  20. TheBrownDude

TheBrownDude Member

I'm sure he is, but has Deshaun starting been officially announced?