1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Texans & Astros make me appreciate the Rockets a lot more

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by TheRealist137, Jan 12, 2020.

1. Rockets4lf

Rockets4lf Member

So baseball is the game of luck. I guess no point in watching that sport then. No need for skills.

2. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

I think if the NBA is one's favorite league/sport... its inevitable they get like this. There's just so many bad teams, more teams make the playoffs then not, most teams with stars are playing bad teams almost every other game, and nothing really matters at all till the playoffs.

Hence why they're going to have to change the fundamental aspects of regular season basketball to make it interesting again... its a meaningless exercise at the moment (the NBA regular season).

3. Nook

Nook Member

Nah not really........ you just are ignorant about baseball and that is okay, stick with football.

4. Nook

Nook Member

Are you dense?

Baseball has a larger factor of luck than the NBA or the NFL. Skill is still quite important but over a 7 game series where you have two closely matched teams, luck is a large factor in the outcome. Before the MLB season was over last year, Jeff Luhnow and Daryl Morey discussed how large a percentage luck plays in the outcome of a series.I'm sure the Texans GM would have been invited to speak as well, if they had one.

5. Nook

Nook Member

No..... they are fouls. The league has been closely watching harden for many years now. He isn't getting away with anything.

6. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Luck always plays a role in all sports, some sports more than others.

Skills give you better odds. But we all know that the better team does not always win. If there was no luck involved, the better team would win 100% of the times. There would be no need for a 7-game series.

Nook likes this.
  7. Nook

Nook Member

In Houston? Yes, without question.

8. meh

meh Contributing Member

The irony is that football has the most randomness involved but the Texans can somehow never get lucky enough to even win a couple of fluky games that other teams always manage to do. The Jets have somehow made the AFC championship game twice with butt fumble. The Titans, Colts, and Jaguars all made it too during BOB career. The Texans are so badly coached they cant even manage to get close enough to fluke out a win against a legit team.

9. Nook

Nook Member

Steve Young was ripping the Texans organization last night...... just brutal. Asking if Bill O'Brien had vacation plans for next weekend because he seemed to want to lose.

10. LabMouse

LabMouse Member

A typical sport choke city for Houston, which team choked more: Texans, Rockets, and then Astros.
    A big choke city for sport should be Atlanta, Falcons had 24 point leads in second half, still can manage to lose the Superball, what a joke! The Astros this year loss is a joke too. You do not have so many chances to choke in your life time. No world series game next year for Astros, I am just saying it.

11. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

Dude. I've been an Astros' fan for 40+ years. I've forgotten more about Astros' baseball than you have know.

12. Nook

Nook Member

No, obviously not.

I'm glad you watch the game but you very clearly do not understand modern baseball based on some of your past comments.

13. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

Astros are winners inside Houston. Outside of Houston fans, everyone else thinks they are cheaters and don't deserve their title.

But then again, this isn't my opinion, this is just what people random people who talk about sports think. Personally, I don't really care.

Texans has always been seen as a joke team, never to accomplish anything given their track record.

At least people still fondly remember Hakeem Olajuwon rings in 94-95 but even then, the newer generations that never witnessed that won't remember so it's up to the current Rockets to win it all which I don't have high hope for under Tilman's "leadership".

14. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

LOL. Yeah...ok. I seem to understand that the GM and Manager were just suspended for year using for using "Modern Baseball Techniques" to cheat...LOL.

15. J.R.

J.R. Member

Rockets = Westbrook
    Texans = quick fix by the GM/HC
    Astros = caught cheating

joshuaao and Nook like this.
  16. Amel

Amel Contributing Member

joshuaao and Nook like this.
  17. Reeko

Reeko Member

Astros GM just got a year for cheating

Rockets>>Astros and Texans

LabMouse likes this.
  18. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The Astros are the only ones with a real
    championship trophy in Houston

19. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

that they cheated for

20. LabMouse

LabMouse Member

Who cares? Everyone cheats in everywhere as long as you can win.