1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Texans are virtually in the Playoffs

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by TheRealist137, Dec 27, 2015.

1. rawbrah

rawbrah Member

Rockets never won a title before MJ retirememt, or after MJ comeback... hence asterisk

2. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

we won a title after he came back...he and the Bulls just couldn't take care of business against the Magic. Rockets did their part.

3. J Hard

J Hard Member

Those arent accurate, a couple are off.

4. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

He came back and he was fantastic. Don't let anyone tell you he was rusty...the numbers don't bear that out at all.

He didn't have a frontcourt presence...his best frontcourt player had left to go play for the Magic...and they knocked him out.

I wish it would have played out differently, because Hakeem woulda knocked the eff out of the Bulls in the Finals in 1995. Dream was killing the likes of Shaq and Robinson...imagine what he would have done to Longley.

5. crose

crose Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Jordan was great in the 94-95 playoffs, his team just wasn't as good. They trade for Rodman in the offseason and the rest is history. Asterisk that, douchebag.

6. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

TYPICAL HOUSTON sports media talk. That to me is losing every year. U dont get 10th place medals.

7. Mr. Brightside

Mr. Brightside Contributing Member

It just means that the Texans are ELITE.

8. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

You are definitely Mr.Brightside haha

9. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">For those who missed getting down on <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Colts10GameParlay?src=hash">#Colts10GameParlay</a>, here's the payout for the parlay on the remaining 9 games <a href="https://t.co/m88sQEt9Je">pic.twitter.com/m88sQEt9Je</a></p>&mdash; Sean Pendergast (@SeanTPendergast) <a href="https://twitter.com/SeanTPendergast/status/681701439752671233">December 29, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

10. rawbrah

rawbrah Member

seriously, where can I bet?

Hoyer is starting, I wonder if it decreases

11. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Mostly true, but Rockets did win AFTER his comeback.

IMO, Hakeem was better than Jordan. Also think Jordan was blessed with better teammates overall than Dream, was blessed with playing in a weaker conference, and against MUUUUCH weaker competition at their position. Michael also had better coaching overall than Hakeem, IMO. Jordan has a legit argument for GOAT, but I think Olajuwon has one too, a better one. Could go more in detail, but I'll stop there unless someone wants to act like I'm just some H-Town hater.

Okay. Sounds like you've seen "enough" of my posts to proclaim such an omniscient perspective. My signature has mostly been Olajuwon-Watt as greatest duo for any city. A statement that you must've seen many times, since your comments are so dastardly. Are you saying OlajuWatt is a ludicrous opinion or are you just a hater?

Fool, please

#171 Houstunna, Dec 30, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 30, 2015
  12. the shark

the shark Member

Obviously you're clueless. The Rockets 2nd title, they swept the Magic who beat the Bulls WITH Michael Jordan.

13. Indaface

Indaface Member

I'm glad we are at a point where the Texans making the playoffs is such a given that we are crushing a couple of posters from Dallas about a remark as stupid as an asterisk for the Rockets titles.

14. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

You're either young, or naive, or both. Jordan was back in 1995, and he was ****ing awesome. They lost to the Magic because the Magic were better, period. Any true Houston fan claiming asterisks on our championships is a turncoat.

15. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

You understand that YOU'RE the one who said the championships had asterisks next to them?? You can't say something that loaded (and flat-out wrong) without expecting to get called out. Besides, what does loving Olajuwon and Watt have anything to do with the fact that you basically **** on the ONE thing Houston sports has over all the other crappy sports towns in this country??

16. Houstunna

Supporting Member

A city as great as Houston should have more than ONE thing on crappy sports towns. Not sure why so many posters have such low standards. I'm just saying the ONLY rings we DO have has a huge, legit, opposing viewpoint. I think Rockets beat CHI, but can also see how many would believe the opposite.

So answer this (asked twice already, but nobody answered)...
    Would you rather MJ have never retired?
    No fly response, just Yes or No

AGAIN, I'm glad Clutch City happened... it is, by far, the best and my favorite sports happenings that ever happened. I just think MJ deserves mention. The fact he returned in '95 gives those titles more credence.

17. Houstunna

Supporting Member

Didn't catch this first time, but we talked about this in a similar thread in the Hangout after the Stros got beat.

YOU ARE SO LUCKY THE THREAD IS TOO OLD TO BE PULLED UP AND YOU'VE MADE TOO MANY COMMENTS SINCE TO PULL UP IN YOUR PROFILE.

I merely suggested SA could be argued as better than HOU for sports... didn't even say it was better. You immediately shot it down by saying, "SA's having only 1 team makes them irrelevant against a 3 sports city". LOL. Now you say the complete opposite and take it even further by added 4 sports. LOL. A "99er" quoted your post acting like you had really made a point. I just laughed and smh'd

________

Here's a game to play with anyone who says "asterisk championships"

Without agreeing with them... Just ask them, yes or no, "if they'd want all their teams to get one this year"?

If they say "no", have a "fly-ass answer", or have ''no response'', you already know you're talking to someone who isn't playing fair.

Maybe they're named, Nick.

18. Raven

Raven Member

19. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Good job trying to change the subject... since you've already cemented yourself as being the guy insisting the Rockets championships deserve asterisks.

As far as judging who or who isn't a worthy sports city... you've pretty much contradicted yourself every step of the way. First you say it should only be judged by number of sports teams a city has, then you say its determined by championships... I've merely said its not that simple.

San Antonio is not a big league town... doesn't mean its not a good sports town. Other non-big-league cities like Columbus, OH, Omaha, NE, and OKC share similar qualities.

We've all been just laughing and "SMH'ing" at your attempt to try and defend your statement that the Rockets deserve asterisks though.... keep it up.

20. Houstunna

Supporting Member

My entire thesis this thread is HOU should be better. This was the SAME thesis in the Hangout.

Exactly what subject am I changing?

Are you sure I said that?

Show me the exact posts because you either mis-remember or are flat out lying. Considering you can't own up to your previous statement, the statement that's too old to be quoted, I'll say you're just flat out lying.

No, you've all been dodging simple "yes or no" questions. Hence, not playing fairly.

I have nothing personal against anyone in this forum, regardless.