1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Texans are virtually in the Playoffs

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by TheRealist137, Dec 27, 2015.

1. Indaface

Indaface Member

Yea anyone with HOU in their username claiming our cities 2 titles as asterisk titles needs to change their username to SASTUNNA or ARLINGTONSTUNNA.

2. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Yeah, that's the sign of a brutally awful fan or a fraud.

3. noscrusir

noscrusir Contributing Member

This is a terrible mentality. I've lived in Houston all my life and am thrilled to be in position to make the playoffs, instead of whining like a little child.

"Wahhhhhh... things didn't go our way in the past. The Colts are gonna make a 10 game parlay to beat us.. wahhhhh. " Loser mentality is right. But it applies to you and not this city or its fans.

4. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

What a ****ty direction this thread has gone in. We're about to be in the playoffs, for God's sake!!

5. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Yeah, I'd say you just dug your own grave... not sure what you're trying to prove, but I'd say this cements the mentality surrounding the quality (or lack thereof) of your posts.

6. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

If the Rockets' championships don't count because they never faced Jordan in the finals, then none of the Bulls' championships count while Jordan was on the team, because they never had to face him either.

The "asterisk" NBA championship is the absolute most stupid argument I have ever heard regarding professional sports championships.

7. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

If only Jordan and the Bulls didn't get smashed by the Magic (who the Rockets eventually swept).

8. ab0_bleedred

ab0_bleedred Member

Go home bro, you're drunk..

9. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

Funny how no one "asterisks" the Spurs first championship or the 3 the Lakers won after that because Jordan retired. Nobody tells them they wouldn't have won them if Jordan had been playing.

10. vinsensual

vinsensual Member

Can't believe this thread went 2 hours before someone called him out on the asterisk comment. This should be mentioned in his garm thread bragging about his 75 years of combined Houston sports fandom. What a heel turn.

11. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  12. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Contributing Member

The tard has never had a quality post. Nothing to cement, the guy is just mentally challenged when he sits in front of a computer.

13. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

No joke, right? No self-respecting Rockets fan I have known would ever let that phrase slip out of his mouth. Not even to save his own life.

14. mikus

mikus Member

No doubt, that 2nd Rockets team went thru the top teams in the league that year to win that championship. #3, #2, #1 teams in the West, then the #1 team in the East. A feat never been duplicated in NBA playoff history. So no asterisk there, and ANY Rockets fan should know that! MJ's Bulls weren't even a top 5 team that year. Boohoo too bad, doesn't change us beating all the top contenders.

15. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

If we beat the Chiefs, my guess is we play the Broncos in the 2nd round because im 90% sure the Jets will beat the Bengals and move on against Indy. Can the Jets beat the Pats in INDY?

16. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

Lol idiot, I meant NEW ENGLAND :eek:

17. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

You're not sure because you're too stuck in your agenda.

Easily stated... the city is lacking in sports success, namely titles.

The championships DO count (and I'm glad they happened), just saying Jordan's retirement deserves mention. YES, we all know he came back in '95 (and I'm glad he did), just saying it deserves mention.

"Slip out"??... Meaning what? You know it's true, but have to be tricked into saying it?

I don't discuss this topic the same way with Houston and non-Houston fans.

The championships are well earned and I'm glad they happened. I even think Rockets beat CHI. Just saying, Jordan's retirement does deserve mention.

To anyone upset with my statement.. answer this, "yes or no"

Would you rather MJ never have never retired?

No fly responses... just a simple Yes or No

#137 Houstunna, Dec 29, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 29, 2015
  18. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

*this is why you're on my Ignore list.

19. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

And what is my agenda?

This sounds much more like an agenda to me... and a bad one at that. Miami has more overall titles than Houston... doesn't make it a better overall sports town. Not by a long shot.

20. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

Ban him!

1 person likes this.