1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Texans @ 49ers

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Castor27, Dec 29, 2005.

1. Mr. Brightside

Mr. Brightside Contributing Member

I want the Texans to win, but I think the 49'ers have the better team.

2. T-2

T-2 Contributing Member

The second half play-by-play log:

HALFTIME
    SF 0 HOU 0

3RD QUARTER
    15:00 - 15:00 SF Kickoff Out of bounds
    15:00 - 14:48 1st Down HOU, Ball at SF 15 - Carr lateral out of bounds.
    14:48 - 00:03 2nd Down HOU, Ball at SF 49 - HOU punt, fumbled by SF at SF 1, fumbled by HOU at SF 23, fumbled by SF at HOU 33, fumbled by HOU at SF 38, fumbled by SF at SF 48, fumbled by HOU at SF 25, fumbled by SF at SF 18, fumbled by HOU at SF 10, fumbled by SF at SF 16, fumbled by HOU at SF 12, fumbled by SF at SF 18, safety HOU (SF 2, HOU 0)
    00:03 - 00:00 HOU Kickoff, Safety SF (SF 2, HOU 2)

4TH QUARTER
    15:00 - 00:13 SF Kickoff - onside kick failed, recovered by HOU at SF 36.
    00:13 - 00:01 HOU - Carr RUN, Loss of 49 to HOU 15.
    00:01 - 00:00 SF offsides penalty, ball placed at HOU 20
    00:00 - 00:00 SF offsides penalty, ball placed at HOU 25
    00:00 - 00:00 HOU false start penalty, ball placed at HOU 20
    00:00 - 00:00 SF offsides penalty, ball placed at HOU 25
    00:00 - 00:00 HOU K Brown unsportsmanlike penalty, ball placed at HOU 13
    00:00 - 00:00 SF offsides penalty, ball placed at HOU 18
    00:00 - 00:00 SF bench unsportsmanlike penalty, ball placed at HOU 33
    00:00 - 00:00 HOU K Brown unsportsmanlike penalty, ball placed at HOU 18
    00:00 - 00:00 Carr RUN, safety (SF 4, HOU 2)

3. redgoose

redgoose Contributing Member

I really hope we put Carr, DD, and Daunte on the injured list. Ya, it's tanking. But how many rings have the Spurs got for tanking their season which got them Tim Duncan. We draft Bush and trade DD for 1 or 2 O-Lineman. Then we'll start having playoff expectations in the near futue.

It's just to bad Pete Carroll snd Charlie Weiss already signed extensions. :mad:

What do you guys think of the KC coach? He can turn any program around in 3 years. We already have a nucleas, so maybe he could get it done in two.

4. twoface723

twoface723 Member

Texans will lose their final game of this season, and win every game from then on because of Reggie Bush ;) .

5. SA Rocket

SA Rocket Contributing Member

Good job T-2! :D

My buds and I had talked about a game full of INT's, fumbles and "take the ball", "no, you keep it", "please, I insist"...but we hadn't thought of a game ending with a score in multiples of 2.

6. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

I'm a little pissed that we're not starting Ragone for this game. What the hell good could come from Carr starting this game? What happens if he goes out there, gets busted up, and misses part of next season? Start Ragone damnit! Let's see what the MVP can do!

7. dumbholly

dumbholly Member

hopefully we'll only play carr and johnson the first half to "not risk injury." im sure reeves has gotten enough looks at carr to have made his decision about him, so lets go w/ ragone

8. Bobblehead

Bobblehead Contributing Member

Well apparently after 4 seasons, some people think that Carr STILL needs the work. Like a junk game against the 49ers is going to improve Carr's skills in anyway is beyond me.

Yes he needs the work and a real QB coach to boot.

But, McNair should demand he sits quickly. And trust me, if the Texans lose and Trojans win and Bush goes nuts on the Longhorns, McNair would have no choice in making sure we sign Bush just for the economic impact in itself.

I'm sorry, but we need a Texnas Jersey will a real bona-fide superstar on it.
    Carr is mediocre and Johnson hasn't had a chance to really blossom yet.

I'd be the first to buy a Bush jersey :D :D

9. mateo

mateo Contributing Member

From Bill Simmons:

"NINERS (+1.5) over Texans
    Ladies and gentlemen, at long last, the Reggie Bush Bowl! Sure, it's a little tainted because the Saints probably will get the No. 1 pick if the Texans win, but still … it's the Reggie Bush Bowl! Before the Niners were eliminated, one of my readers suggested that Bush should be hanging in a cage about 40 feet above the field during the entire game, kinda like when the WWE has a ladder match for a title and the championship belt hangs over the ring. I loved that idea. But since the Niners screwed everything up by shocking the Rams last week, we need to come up with another hook.

So here's my idea …

I assume that Bush would rather play for the Texans than the Saints, given that the Saints' franchise is such a mess right now thanks to the heartless owner. So if Bush wants to play for the Texans, here's what he should do: Sneak into the Niners' locker room before Sunday's game, pull a Lt. Frank Drebin and knock Frank Gore unconscious, then tie Gore up in the trainer's room, put on Gore's helmet and uniform and subsequently rush for about 300 yards against the Texans. The best part would be the stunned look on Dom Capers' face as Bush/Gore kept breaking 40-yard runs. Oh, wait, Capers always looks like that. But this would be cool. You have to admit."

10. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

here's what i don't understand...do you think the saints would actually draft reggie bush if they could use that pick on a real QB like leinart. that franchise hasn't a stellar QB since Peyton's dad. :) if i were them, i wouldn't take bush...not when you already have mcallister.

11. mateo

The Saints would draft Bush, then trade him to SF or NYJ or GB (no way the Texans give up any of their picks to move UP) and grab USC's second star with their newly acquired pick. Plus they get to stockpile a couple of picks from whoever they fleece.

12. Harrisment

Harrisment Member

Like someone mentioned earlier though, if the Saints did that then the Texans could quickly screw them by trading the 2nd pick to someone else that wants Leinart.

13. mateo

I still think Cutler is going to be a better QB than Leinhart.

14. Rocket Fan

Rocket Fan Member

mateo.. that is right!

I've watched him all 4 of my years at Vandy, so I've seen him more than just almost anyone in the nation.. and I think he can be a player in this league.

Everyone has him up to the 2nd qb, but I've even read some analysts saying they think he may actually be better than Leinart.

Cutler has been zooming up Mel Kiper's lists...

Here is a good article with an NFL Network analyst who thinks Cutler may be better

http://www.nashvillecitypaper.com/index.cfm?section_id=7&screen=news&news_id=46548

15. Bobblehead

Bobblehead Contributing Member

Jets and Packers doing their part and winning.
    Saints only down 7 at half.
    Maybe they all win and the Texans can win after all!!!!! :) :)

16. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

that would make for a very nice sunday afternoon.

17. superden

superden Contributing Member

wow... are the niners trying to tank this game??

18. Remix

Remix Member

this is bs freakin San Fran. Even if they do win today the best they have is the 3rd round pick.

19. today

today Contributing Member

Crappy SF is doing the best job of tanking so far. COME ON, it's time for a Houston turnover!!!

20. liamrock

liamrock Contributing Member

Do you guys have ANY doubt the Dom and the Texans are gonna screw us and win today?

Biggest choke job in Houston sports history today.....a win does NOTHING.