1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Texans 2014 offseason to-do list

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by DonnyMost, Oct 20, 2013.

1. M.G.

M.G. Contributing Member

It'd be nice, but it's low on our list of priorities. Plus Earl Mitchell was really good today.

2. VesceySux

VesceySux Contributing Member

From Super Bowl contender to total rebuild in 7 games. The fans should sue the Texans for collective injuries from whiplash.

3. v3.0

v3.0 Contributing Member

It seems irony that the dom capers era ended when that regime possibly held on to carr too long and the kubiak era will end because gary hitched his wagon on another flawed qb.

4. mvpcrossxover

mvpcrossxover Member

clean house.

talk to daryl morey about signing an applicable GM for a football team

5. jayhow92

jayhow92 Member

Sam Bradford has torn his ACL. Think St. Louis would be interested in Schaub?

6. macho87

macho87 Member

Blow it all up from the front office to coaching staff. Cut schaub, reed, Daniels, foster, j jo, possibly cush, and I hate to say it but trade Andre Johnson.

7. macho87

macho87 Member

350+ AND athletic? Where the hell do you get one of those besides creating them on Madden

8. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

A 2nd rounder for Schaub. Deal

9. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

^^^ On a more serious note, I would trade TJ Yates(bc we know that the Rams wont want Schaub)... and try seeing if a ILB can be scoured from them...TJ Yates can atleast start for them until Tebow mania hits full fever in St. Louis

10. Pieman2005

Pieman2005 Member

There's still a chance!! Only 3 games out!! If we win every game we have a chance!! Real fans think the team has a chance no matter what!! Schaub's last 30 starts are okay statistically!

Am I doing it right, Hey Now! and BE4Rd?

11. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

I don't see the point of that. The offense was the only thing Kubiak was ever really good at. It's been the strength of the team for most of his tenure. He's struggled in other areas of being a HC. He had his authority to hire his own defensive coordinator taken away from him. His time management has always been an issue. The team often plays flat. The struggle against true elite teams. Usually play like crap in primetime. Etc. . . .

Hiring a new OC to call plays and and relegating Kubiak to doing all the HC duties that aren't his strengths? It doesn't make sense. If the offense is that much of an issue, just fire him. You can't force a DC and an OC on him and expect him to really have any authority. Yeah, some coaches can simply oversee everything while not being directly in charge of anything. Kubiak's not that guy. If that's even an option, Kubes should just be fired instead.

12. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Only way that happens is Jacksonville hires Kubiak after we fire him this offseason

13. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

I kind of just want to go back to a 4-3.

There's so much passing in the league now that teams end up in nickel D so often. It makes more sense to keep 4 down linemen all the time. It seems easier, at least in terms of personnel, to switch from 4-3 in base to 4-2 than to go from 3-4 to 4-2.

And it seems harder to find college DE's to become good OLBs than it is to simply draft players to play the same position they played in college.

14. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

Haha. I think we will win three or four more games max and will have a good chance at johnny football and mariota.

15. Raven

Raven Member

The off-season begins this morning, and a great way to start would be for McNair to fire Kubiak and assign an interim head coach. That establishes accountability.

The new coach could then state that each remaining game should be taken as an audition for each and every player.

Keenum should be named starting QB, and Schaub should be officially benched. Maybe Schaub could be bought out. Is that possible? Is he stupid and prideful enough to make that mistake?

16. Raven

Raven Member

It would make me puke to see Andre finish his career somewhere else.

17. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

Why blow it up when a simple coaching change can completely turn your team around? See the Chiefs as an example.

18. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

The window started closing midway last season and then officially slammed shut in our faces this season. Back to the bottom. Wish they would've ditched Schaub when Peyton was up for grabs and he said he wanted to play here..but yeah that was never going to happen under McNair.

19. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

10 years of building for what has amounted to a 2 year window.

Wow, that's bad.

20. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

Let's not forget how quickly things turnover in the NFL.

The Texans could easily be back in the upper tier next year.

This year is toast, but the one constant is change.