1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Texan Fans] Who Do You Hate More: The Cowboys or titans?

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by ima_drummer2k, Sep 27, 2007.

?

cowboys or titans?

1. I'm a Texan fan and I hate the titans more

23.5%
  2. I'm a Texan fan and I hate the cowboys more

66.7%
  3. I'm not a Texan fan so I really don't care

9.9%
  1. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Because we haven't played them in a meaningful game in almost 30 years. Many Texan fans weren't even alive back then along with most of the current players on both teams.

I think the main reason we don't like the Cowboys (besides the fact that we hate everything dallas) is because there are so many Cowboy fans who live in Houston and, like a lot of UT fans, they are always vocal when they win and they kind of think the world revolves around them.

But yeah, for me, the "rivalry" is sort of deluded because we only play them every 4 or 5 years.

2. macalu

macalu Contributing Member

there need not be a rivalry to hate a team.

**** the Cowboys and Titans.

3. WildSweet&Cool

I hate the Cowboys.

I don't hate the Titans. I don't blame Bud for moving the team.

4. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

I still hate the Cowboys more.

With the Titans, it's more of a hate for some of their fans.

5. ThePrivate

ThePrivate Member

Bud begs for more seats in the dome, he gets it and the fans lose a great scoreboard/electronics boards. But then Bud said the seats are not enough, now he wants a new stadium.

Take a hike Bud! Who cares? The Titans will never win a SuperBowl until that Old Greedy Buzzard crokes!

6. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

..but we're still paying the interest on the loans to build those new seats...

...and he loses a ton of credibility because, geez, he just threatened to move a few years back...

...so he conjures up a plan about a new downtown dome stadium to be shared by the Oilers and Rockets....

...oh, but he forgets to tell everyone that the Rockets don't want to play in a domed stadium....

...so he signs a deal to talk exclusively with Tennessee for a year; he can't even entertain an offer from Houston or anywhere else for 12 months.....

....he returns with a deal in hand; Houston offers an open-air stadium....Bud walks.....

the end.

7. texanskan

texanskan Contributing Member

thank you

8. HillBoy

HillBoy Contributing Member

I'am afraid that Jerry gets a bad rap for Tom Landry. He didn't fire Tom Landry, Bum Bright did. When Jerry Jones decided to buy the Cowboys from Bum Bright, it was with the stipulation that Jimmy Johnson would be his new head coach. When that deal was completed, Bum Bright ordered Tex Schramm to go to Austin (where Tom Landry had a home on Lake Travis) and tell him that the Cowboys had been sold and that he was fired. Jerry Jones did not want to dismiss Landry in so callous a manner so he flew down with Tex to explain his decision (Jimmy Johnson) to Landry out of respect for all Tom had done for the franchise. Of course, Landry was pissed at being let go because he still believed that he could bring the Cowboys back to one more SuperBowl and the rest you all know. It ended up working out OK because the team Jerry & Jimmy put together won 3 more SuperBowls bringing the Cowboys total to 5 Lombardi trophies which is why you see that smirk on his face all the time.

9. msn

msn Member

Thank you for this angle on the story. It's so similar to what I heard that it's believable. Is it documented anywhere? Because, being from Houston and them being from Dallas and all, Jerry Jones is evil until proven innocent. :D

10. hatemavs4life

hatemavs4life Member

Agreed. You don't fire a legend. The City of Dallas went out of their way to put on a parade to pay tribute to the great man, Tom Landry because the Cowboys organization tossed him away like a piece of meat. I will never forgive Jerry Jones for that. There's a right way and a wrong way to do things.

Bottom line, Landry was everything that was right about football and Jones is like the Jerry Springer of the NFL. Everywhere he goes controversy abounds.

Just my opinion for what it's worth ...

11. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

- E. S. P. N.

The boom of sports networks and Cowboys returning to prominence went hand in hand. Cowboys along with Jordan's Bulls were THE glamour teams, with round-the-clock coverage. Great for the networks and athletes, and sports fans overall. Bad for people that got sick of the overexposure and having Cowboys shoved down your throat all the time. And the fans that took on the superiority mindset along with it and would doubly let you know in not so nice terms..

Also in the Cowboy's case, having a mixture of publicity seeker Jerry Jones, Jimmy Johnson and his brand of ball from the notoriously unsportsmanlike Miami U teams (except Vinny Testaverde), which seemed to follow along into the Cowboys and their extracurricular activity liking bunch. Media loved them, they loved media, and you got what amounts to more flashier modern day Raiders. In your BACKYARD... :mad:

Bit of a departure from the (seemingly) classy 49'ers organizations and blue collar "working mans" Steelers teams. Yeah most NFL teams have been or are guilty of excessiveness, but it just seemed amplified with the Cowbooys at that time.

12. Desert Scar

Desert Scar Contributing Member

The Stealers are a bunch of dirty playing thugs going back to the Steal Curtain and who got historically bogus calls in their favor. 4Whiners were what they were, supported by a bunch of wine sniffin fake football fans, and kept Dallas from winning like 7 superbowls, they equally suck.

The Cowboys, Raiders and Oilers saved so many Sundays for me over the years, too bad the Oilers couldn't have saved a superbowl sunday, but we all know who to blame, the Stealers and the referees.

13. blathersby

blathersby Contributing Member

I am an EAGLES fan, and I hate the cowgirls.

14. HillBoy

I was in Dallas when this all went down and saw it unfold firsthand - they actually broke into Dallas area TV that day to announce that Tom Landry had been fired. I got the inside story firsthand from Norm Hitzges who was with ESPN at that time (now with 1310 The Ticket). The story has also been corroborated by Randy Galloway and Dale Hansen (long-time Dallas sport reporters). Even Bum Bright has publicly stated that he and not Jerry Jones, was the one who fired Tom Landry but it's been more popular to blame JJ.

15. HillBoy

Actually, if you are an Eagles' fan, you hate everybody. This includes baby chicks, puppies, small children, bunnies, dolphins, Bambi and the TeleTubbies... :)

16. solid

solid Contributing Member

I don't like Jerry Jones either (He is evil), but I am a longtime Cowboy fan. I root for both Texas Teams. However, when the Texans play the Cowboys, I go with the Texans. I once lived in the Dallas area, and have followed the Cowboys since the Tom Landry era. This years team is Superbowl bound, mark it down.

Remember, old Oiler fans, Bum's son is their coach, got to love it.

17. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Funny thing happened to me at BW3 today. They were showing the Texans game inside, but we had a lot of people coming and they couldn't get us a table for 10, so we had to go outside (where they were putting all the Cowboy fans). They had 3 TV's...2 on the Cowboys, 1 on the Texans. We got there early and set up our 3 tables....only to find out that we set them up in front of the TV showing the Cowboys.

A table full of Cowboy fans heard us talking about our prediciment and offered to move their tables around so we could move everyone to the TV showing the Texans game.

They were all dressed in Cowboy gear and yelling every time they scored etc. But they were watching the Texans game too and yelling every time we did something good too.

The whole episode made me thing of this thread. I was surprised to know that not all Cowboy fans are a-holes. :eek:

18. blathersby

blathersby Contributing Member

cowgirls, giants, and Santa Claus. ;)
    I like the Texans, so I hit up the Texans fan/hate dallas answer. But against Philly? Never. Besides, I hate dallas WAY more than I love Philly (and I love Philly). The only place I hate more?

Atlanta.

19. Desert Scar

Desert Scar Contributing Member

Most Cowboys fans I know rooted for the Oilers when they were playing anyone other than the Cowboys. The Oilers were a likable bunch, and played against the Stealers after all.

20. HillBoy

But you gotta admit that his new Pepsi commercial is pretty cool...