1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Texan Fans] Who Do You Hate More: The Cowboys or titans?

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by ima_drummer2k, Sep 27, 2007.

?

cowboys or titans?

1. I'm a Texan fan and I hate the titans more

23.5%
  2. I'm a Texan fan and I hate the cowboys more

66.7%
  3. I'm not a Texan fan so I really don't care

9.9%
  1. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

i was happy for bud when lamar hunt handed him that afc championship trophy.

2. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

and the browns.

3. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Or out of an owner moving your beloved team to another city and changing it's name.

It's never too early to hate the titans. I hated them the day they played their first game in Memphis. Way before we even got the Texans.

Oh don't worry. My hate for the titans comes very naturally.

I wonder how old some of the people here were on the day Bud announced he was moving the team. I'm not trying to say your opinion doesn't matter, it's just that some people just don't seem to understand what that day was like for a lot of us.

4. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

you know the REAL POLL you need to put is :
    what team do you root for ?
    Titans
    Texans
    Cowboys

5. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

I was 20, I felt bad, but I don't take it personal. I find the whole "its like still liking your old girlfriend" takes ridiculous.

dude is a business man. the dome is atrocious. he should have figured it out sooner but he probably wouldn't have gotten a new stadium in the first place.

6. BigSherv

BigSherv Contributing Member

I hate Bud Adams. I don't hate the Titans. I mean they were/are the Oilers. I I love me some columbia blue.

7. Smokey

Smokey Contributing Member

Keyword concession. Do you think the Astros and Rockets would have stayed has they only received a concession? No.

Bud's mistake was timing. The Oilers sucked balls in the mid 90's. It was a politically inconvienient time to support a new stadium. The politicians and sports owners in Houston were two faced.

Bad press or maybe Bud doesn't hate Houston! He hates Lanier. Lanier is gone now.

I can't blame Bud for taking his ball and "going away" with the Oilers. In a battle of egos, the fans lost. I'm glad Houston got another team. Too bad Texans management were monkeys slinging feces during the 2006 draft.

8. Smokey

I agree. Hate him or love him Bud was the catalyst that got Houston politicians and sports fans off their fat duffs. Houston sports fans don't want to admit it...one team had to go.

Another Bud mistake was settling for renovations.

9. msn

msn Member

Yeah, that's it. Everybody was wrong and Bud was right.

I disagree with this sentiment. VY > Carr, obviously. But it's not like they destroyed the franchise for years to come. That DE they picked up (who was higher than VY on every franchise's draft board) is going to be solid for a long time (barring injury).

10. msn

msn Member

...while keeping its history. Moon, Matthews, and the Tyler Rose immortalized in freaking Nashville. Poppycock!

11. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

Interesting take. I hate Bud Adam and always will, but I agree your post. Just remember that our beloved Rockets spent years trying to get a new stadium and IIRC there were rumors (not sure how true they were) about them moving to Kansas City.

But now we have the Rockets, Astros, and Texans all playing in new and very nice stadiums. GO HOUSTON!!

As for the Titans, nothing will every replace the Oilers and I hate Bud for what he did, but I loved me some Air McNair and Eddie George, now they have Vince...I root for VY but not the Titans.

Dallas can SUCK IT.

12. Stack24

Stack24 Contributing Member

Hate the Cowgirls cause: I live in Houston Dammit. Im a die hard Houston fan and i could care less that they are in the same state....for all i care they should be kicked out of texas...Only Houston Exists.

Hate the Titans: I wouldn't say I hate the Titans, more i hate Bud Adams. They didn't have control of the move, the owner did. so i can't really hate them. It was out of their hands...so I don't root for them but i don't hate them either.

13. Smokey

My point is Bud takes the **** when there are other major players who are equally culpable for the Oilers leaving town.

Was the dome a good venue for football? Yes or no? If no, Bud was right.

You cannot deny Drayton praised the dome for baseball and football while Bud was a tenant but when the Oilers left, the dome was no longer economically feasible for his team.

You cannot deny no politicians came to Bud's aid but the same politicians supported Minute Maid Park and/or Toyota Center.

You cannot deny Bud was willing to put up a lot of his own money for the "Bud Dome" but he was ignored by these same politicians (oh btw it would have cost less than Reliant Stadium).

You cannot deny Les turned down the Bud Dome (another fiasco by Bud) and waited his time before threatening to move.

14. david12sfa

david12sfa Member

I hate the cowboy and am just sick of all the UT, VY lovers crying over the draft two years ago. Come talk to me when he wins a playoff game! Until then I dont care about VY unless he plays the Texans. And then I hope we beat the snot out of him just to shut you fools up.

15. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

Whoa whoa..."every franchise's draft board?" Unless you were in their draft room that day, I don't think you can make this statement. But I really don't care what other franchise's draft boards looked like...we needed a QB and we passed what would have been a perfect match. I like Schaub and the job the Texans have done to turn this franchise around, but passing on Vince Young is something Bob McNair will never live down. The "what if" factor is something many Texan fans will wonder for a very long time.

BTW, I like Mario but I'm not looking for "solid," I'm looking for greatness and I've pretty much stopped posting in VY threads (there's just no point) but you have to admit, VY (barring injury) looks like he is well on his way to that point.

16. Smokey

PS - The Bud Dome was another Bud mistake. I remember he took out a full page ad in the Chronicle and mentioned the Rockets and the Rockets had no idea where he was coming from. A second Alamodome would have been terrible. See, I can point out where he went wrong, but I can also point out where others did a 180.

17. danny317

danny317 Member

i hate the cowgirls more bc they rep dallas. {cant say this about all dallas people but it seems to apply to a large chunk of them} when i attended college, kids from dallas always commented how houston people are so "ghetto". well i gotta say people from dallas as so bourgeois.

18. dream34shake

dream34shake Rookie

Totally agree, it's just the fact that they're from Dallas that makes me hate them. Most of my hate for the Cowboys has carried over for my ENORMOUS hatred for the Mavericks, just the fact that Mark Cuban and that team are in that city makes me hate it. As far as the Titans are concerned, I root for them whenever they're not playing the Texans and not only due to VY because I really liked them in the Steve McNair era. Maybe the reason this is so is because I was only like 6 when they moved so I don't know what it felt like when the Oilers moved away, but imagining the Rockets, Texans, or Astros move to another city is a horrid thought.

19. msn

msn Member

I was basing that statement on commentary from folks in the press who had access. The same folks who disingenuously ridiculed the Texans for their selection.

It's rhetoric like this that has so many of us annoyed.

Then keep watching. Few great ones are born overnight.

If he could get that completion percentage up and make fewer "rookie" mistakes, but yes he does look pretty good.

20. msn

msn Member

Of course he was right about that. Did he handle it right?

Drayton was wrong for this. But the Dome became an albatross around the neck of the Astros when it was no longer financially supported half a year by a much more popular franchise.

They sure didn't. Bud did such a great job alienating them, no one lifted a finger. He made his bed. He got to lie in it.

The Rockets threatened to move on several occasions, not just one.