1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Texan Fans] Who Do You Hate More: The Cowboys or titans?

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by ima_drummer2k, Sep 27, 2007.

?

cowboys or titans?

1. I'm a Texan fan and I hate the titans more

23.5%
  2. I'm a Texan fan and I hate the cowboys more

66.7%
  3. I'm not a Texan fan so I really don't care

9.9%
  1. texanskan

texanskan Contributing Member

I don't really hate the Cowboys but I do hate most of their fans, I would really hate them if they were in the same division ie. Mavs and Spurs.

I do really hate the Titans because of Bud but I don't want anything bad to happen to VY just the VY only fans.

2. rimrocker

rimrocker Contributing Member

I'd be fine with the Cowboys never winning another Super Bowl.

I'd be fine with the Titans winning a Super Bowl the day after Bud Adams died.

3. Desert_Rocket

Desert_Rocket Member

For me, I always hated the Cowboys more. But after the VY crazies went crazy, it isn't even close. Titans.

4. ThePrivate

ThePrivate Member

hit the nail on the head!

5. RunninRaven

RunninRaven Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Cowboys.

All day, all night. **** those pansies.

6. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

its called Jealousy. All those Vince fans you know aren't from Nashville, they are from all over Houston and Texas, and now the world. Dallas, Houston? it doesn't matter. Vince will get a standing ovation anywhere in this state. hate on it and keep hating.

7. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Oh, Lord.... here we go...

8. tinman

Supporting Member

it should always be Dallas cause they have always looked at the Houston teams as second class and have always thought the city of Dallas > Houston.

the people who hate the Titans are only the people who hate Bud Adams (A HOUSTONIAN). and now they hate Vince Young ( a HOUSTONIAN). so basically hating on Vince Young, hating on his fans (MOSTLY HOUSTONIANS and TEXANS) is hating on themselves.

9. macalu

macalu Contributing Member

you just mad jealous fool. stop hating on yo'self.

[​IMG]

10. weslinder

weslinder Contributing Member

Hard to decide. I enjoy the Titans losing all the time. I normally enjoy the Cowboys losing all the time, but I don't mind it when they run through the regular season, their fans think they're pretty good, and then they get waxed in the first round. I guess I hate the Cowboys more because there are more of their fans, but it's close.

11. msn

msn Member

And even more maddening is how their football team continues to prove it.

A businessman first, who didn't take great pains to reconcile a nasty situation (and neither did the mayor, to be fair). Nonetheless, he's "A HOUSTONIAN" who sunk the knife into the back of his city by forcing her to remove a landmark scoreboard reflective of her culture and history for the sake of a few more bucks, then ripped her team away from her a few short years later anyway. What's not to hate about that behavior? Screw him and his Titys.

Who hates Vince Young? Who? Are you purposefully misrepresenting people's frustration with that situation, or do you sincerely misunderstand?

No one. No. Body. Absolutely not one person I've heard hates VY--they hate several things, but not VY:
    --Obsessive media coverage for a basically average performance last year
    --Obsessed fans who scream bitter diatribes about a bad draft decision that is now 18 months old (and looking less bad every day)
    --If the Texans were going to pass on the hometown hero, let him go anywhere--anywhere--but Neckville. Man, I hate that.

Everyone's different, so not everyone falls under all three I've listed, and I'm sure there are other categories that can certainly be added.

But no one hates VY. At least no one I've heard or read.

12. Smokey

Smokey Contributing Member

Rant:

Bob Lanier is just as culpable as Bud Adams. Why does he get off scot free? F Lanier. He had an ego like Adams.

Once upon a time, the NFL didn't want to have a team in Houston. Bud put his own money into a team and league for his hometown. They never had their own stadium. They had to put up with the Astros crap. Did you notice how quick Uncah Dreighton changed his mind on the Astrodome after the Oilers left? The Astros threatened to move to No Va. The Rockets threatened to move to Kentucky. But Bud gets all the ****. If Houston had built the Oilers a Reliant Stadium, they wouldn't have left. And you know who voted for Houston to get a franchise? That's right Bud. Bud also owns a luxury box at Texans games and also maintains his business in Houston (except for the NFL team).

VY and KS Bud Adams kick the Texans ass!

13. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

One of my greatest NFL memories is when the Panthers beat the Cowboys in the playoffs back in the 90's. That game was pretty much the end of their dynasty, if I remember right.

I also enjoyed when the titans came a few inches away from winning a Superbowl. Me and my Dad were dancing like the Ewoks after the Death Star blew up because we were so happy to see them get so close and blow it.

14. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

Couldn't give two flips about the Cowboys.

Hate the Titans with every fiber of my being.

15. tinman

Supporting Member

you know that SuperBowl:

the ST LOUIS RAMS (formerly the Los Angeles Rams who left Cali cause they don't care)
    vs
    the TENNESSEE TITANS (formerly the Houston Oilers who left Houston cause the mayor and owner didn't see eye to eye)

that should have been LOS ANGELES VS HOUSTON.
    oh the irony.

at least the Laker vs Rockets, we'll always have.

16. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

LMFAO

Me and my family were the exact same way.

[​IMG]

YUB NUB!

17. msn

msn Member

And built a nice history, and then ripped them from us.

Because he actually left. He got his concession, and it wasn't enough.

Of course not. How good of a lobbying job did Bud do for his new stadium? Ever heard business men from the time discuss Bud's demeanor and relationships in the Houston business community? He made his bed.

Because of the bad press he'd get if he didn't? Why didn't he "vote" to stay here in the first place?

Good for him. Since his business affects the economy of Houston, I hope it grows. As far as the Titans, may they go 0-for-the-decade. Not likely, as they have a great quarterback, but I can dream, can't I?

18. tinman

Supporting Member

you guys are lucky it was Bud Adams.
    Imagine if you were Cleveland fan? Art Modell just leaves the city like ninja gaiden then his team wins the superbowl!

19. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

don't talk about uncle drayton actually threatening to move his team. to some people on this site i don't think that actually happened.

i also have a lot of respect for adams for bring pro football to this city. the guy is an original afl owner. he and lamar hunt got together to challenge the nfl and it paid off. dude deserves respect. he's also a wwii vet. the whole moving fiasco i'm sure was more mistake than malicious. he probably thought he keep the dome viable and then realized that was a joke.

20. moligity

moligity Contributing Member

Don't really hate either one. We don't really have a rivalry. The Texans don't have a history of winning, yet. A hatred and rivalry are typically born out of a number of hard fought battles between competitors.

I can see the Titan hate, somewhat. But it's too early to "hate"

The football teams in Dallas and Houston don't have a rivalry, very little history of competition. Whatever "rivalry" mentioned must come out of some inferiority complex or desire to have a "rival". Somehow it makes you feel more important to have a "hated" rival.

I have genuine hate for the Jazz or the Mavericks. I used to hate the Bengals, Bills and the Steelers. I even sort of hate the Cubs. But it's too early to manufacture hate for the Texans. The hate must come naturally.