1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Terrence Williams

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Glenyo, Apr 25, 2011.

?

Would you want Terrence Williams to Stay in Houston

1. Yay

143 vote(s)
    61.9%
  2. Nay

88 vote(s)
    38.1%
  1. Geaux Rockets

Geaux Rockets Member

Nah man. People's reasoning for him possibly turning into a real good player is based off his very impressive production on the court the last time he was given significant, consistent playing time. If a guy can put up 14 points, 6 boards, and 6 assists per game over a two month stretch as a rookie in the NBA, then it's not unreasonable to think that that guy MIGHT have superstar potential.

2. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

So, if we were playing the Lakers tonight instead of the Hornets, who would you like to see defending Kobe the most?

My choice: a nice TWill/Lowry sandwich.

3. Dreamin

Dreamin Member

Ship his a$$ out on draft day.

4. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

At this point. We need to develop players. I'm suggest shipping out Miller, Scola, Martin, and even Lowry.

5. adboy

adboy Member

not lowry or martin but I would not object to trading scola. And I will pay chicago to take miller back

6. Glenyo

Glenyo Member

wow ur tripping .. ill ship just scola and miller.

7. SeabrookMiglla

williams is a man to be feared. he kind of reminds me of jeffries in the face: very intimidating. i think williams like jeffries can add a sort of toughness to this team. what twill gots going for him is he is the master of twittering, before games even start. twill will just psyche out the other team by twittering stuff like: "im going to kill you" kinda like the threat that he gave to adelman on twitter. i dont think adelman took that thug talk lightly, i think he was scared... anyways. i think twill is genuinely mis understood, i think he needs to hustle hard kind of like that ace hood song where hes talking about his mothers need for a house and his babies need for some shoes+ we need him to wreck or hasheem thabeet to tha-block the **** out of necromongers wherever they may stand...

8. cuddie

cuddie Member

I can see him having a season not unlike Gerald Green's 2007 campaign with the 2nd league-worst Celtics if he gets PT next season.

9. acsorelle4

acsorelle4 Member

Yeah, we should ship everybody. Then we'll have no good players, no vets and no one to attract star players. It would be like we have our own D-league team. Oh wait, we already have one down in RGV. Awesome idea.

10. DiamondDobb

DiamondDobb Member

I personally think he deserves a season of more consistent play time before I'll write him off completely. His past shows that he can put up decent numbers and he can work as a facilitator, giving us more options on how to run the offense. His athleticism is also a plus, many great NBA players started out as athletic freaks who learned the game as they progressed. It will all come down to whether he can act more appropriately to his station, gain a little maturity and be consistent. I wouldn't give him a starting role at all, but i'd definately give him a shot off the bench to prove himself.

11. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

Welcome to the board, Terrence.

12. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

You really have to watch the games though to get a good feel on whether he can be a stat stuffer, or more importantly, he can actually make your team better and WIN ball games.

I have watched him play since the first summer league game and can tell you that his statistical production comes from the fact that he is a ball dominant player, and refuses to play inside of system.

If he is on the court, you know it automatically. The pass is either coming from him, or he is taking the shot himself. On defense he floats around alot which can lead to some steals and rebounds, but he misses assignments quite a bit. However, I agree he can lock someone up if he really wants to.(want being the key word here)

All in all, Terrence just isnt a good enough player to warrant handing the keys to the car over too. What this team really needs is to win into the postseason. If you want a stat stuffer highlight factory that doesnt win then I guess Terrence is your guy.