1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Terrence Williams

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Glenyo, Apr 25, 2011.

?

Would you want Terrence Williams to Stay in Houston

1. Yay

143 vote(s)
    61.9%
  2. Nay

88 vote(s)
    38.1%
  1. TheBookOfOlu

TheBookOfOlu Member

You know this? I speak my mind all day everyday, but i aint buried! You going have to throw hands, but thats when the respect comes!

2. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

I thought the same with Brooks. But if he can get us a Dragic and a 1st rounder, I'd take it.

3. jump shooter

jump shooter Contributing Member

Agree 100%. Lets see what he does when given a chance from a new coaching staff. He's a low risk-high reward type and hopefully he pans out, if not then it cost the rockets a 1st round pick. No biggie.

4. fallenphoenix

fallenphoenix Contributing Member

being traded to houston was his second chance and he is screwing it up again

5. Geaux Rockets

Geaux Rockets Member

Pretty much THIS. But while I think T-Will the guy is pretty dumb, I think T-Will the player may have a higher basketball IQ than he's given credit for. I think the reason he never saw the court was more due to the fact that he can't shoot from the outside to save his life and that was a necessity in the old offensive system. I atleast think that was more of a problem than him not understanding the system, and I think his lack of off the ball cutting can be attributed to it being hard to beat your man on a back cut when he's playing 10 feet off of you. He seems to have very good court vision, and while vision and basketball IQ don't necessarilly go hand-in-hand, I think it shows he's atleast smarter than the Von Wafer type of player who sees ball then sees hoop then tries to put ball in hoop. So if he can improve his J like Lowry did, I think he can develop into a real nice player. Not sure if he's got the dedication and work ethic to get that done, though. Here's to hoping, though!

1 person likes this.
  6. thumbs

thumbs Contributing Member

I voted nay for two reasons: 1) unless we trade Martin or Lee, there is no room at SG for him and he is not a SF and 2) he makes really good trade fodder, either for a draft choice or part of a package for a player we actually need. Bud has proved that he can drop 30+ points from his SF position. T-Will has had one good pass and no other memorable moment.

7. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

A guy who doesn't understand what parts of his game need to be improved on doesn't have a lot of "potential" in my book. I hope I am wrong about Williams if the FO decides to keep him.

8. Geaux Rockets

Geaux Rockets Member

He may not have prototypical size for the 3, but his size qualifies him as much as anyone else on our roster to play small forward, except for when we go "big" and play Patterson at the 3. Terrence isn't really any smaller than Lee or Bud and stronger than Martin and they all log minutes at the 3. And his limited time here definitely doesn't give us anything strong to base our hopes off of, but his production at the end of last season in New Jersey is what I always look to for my thoughts on his potential. If he could just get back to that level and give us 14-6-6 I think that would be very valuable. But I don't disagree that if he still has trade value to other teams in the league that we shouldn't refuse to include him in a package for a player that fits better.

9. monster

monster Member

I'd like to see him play a little bit before deciding, but his immaturity is glaring.

10. thetatomatis

thetatomatis Member

I want to give him playing time and let it be decided on the court and not my emotions about his attitude. I dont like absolutes on someone who isnt even given a chance to see basketball minutes of any significance for me to even know how much talent he has. Heck. Alot of guys were given more minutes that we knew what they had after a while. Not Twill. I know you have to kiss Adelmans butt to get these minutes and its understandable its his team at the time. Its also understandable for Twill to get angry about not getting playing time after people telling him he has alot of potential and playing so well the year before.

11. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Cast him out! Cast him our for his treachery!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

13. david_rocket

david_rocket Member

I dont know why a lot of people think kevin martin is not a star, just a role player, but they think twill has a superstar potential?? :confused:

14. thetatomatis

thetatomatis Member

15. AggieRocketsFan

TWill is interviewing for the head coach job.

16. DaGreatest

DaGreatest Member

I was gona vote yea wat the heck, but then remembered how disinterested and unappreciative of the time he was given one game when he took multiple plays off and had his hands on his hips..

very tmac reminiscent so I voted nay, I,m good, lets give his shot to a higher character guy

17. Glenyo

Glenyo Member

In 2k11 Twills overall (76) is better than CBud (71) :$ ahaha!

18. davestrate

davestrate Member

The one thing that I dont understand is how come there are so many Morey Lovers on this Forum yet no love for someone he gave out so much praise for at the time of the trade?

I am all for firing morey but I do have to give him credit for this acquisition even though it's a relatively unproven one. Keep him, develop him and force it out of him is my idea. He has potential and even if we have a future JR Smith in the making, I'm down for it.

19. davestrate

davestrate Member

I disagree, in houston he was never given a fair chance sort of speak, so he needs his first before getting his second.......at least with this team. I happy RA is outta here. I'd like a black coach who can relate (and i ain't black either).

20. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Which explains the logic of Clutchfans' reasoning on why he is apparently a superstar in waiting. That and a few Youtube highlight clips.