1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Terrence Williams

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Glenyo, Apr 25, 2011.

?

Would you want Terrence Williams to Stay in Houston

1. Yay

143 vote(s)
    61.9%
  2. Nay

88 vote(s)
    38.1%
  1. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Couldnt agree more. Terrence did not crack Adelman's rotation because he blew plays on offense, reportedly did not place emphasis on practice(insert Iverson joke here), and caused alot of issues in the locker room with constant complaining.

This was well documented by reliable sources, it was not just because Adelman didn't relate to him from growing up in the hood. You are referring to the one coach that completely turned around the career of Ron Artest after the brawl incedent. Artest might not be in this league anymore had Adelman not been his next coach and gained the respect of him enough to coach him into acting like somewhat of a professional.

Also TheBookOfOlu, watch the Fab 5 documentary, unless Jalen Rose was lieing, Webber had his share of issues but he did not grow up in the hood like you might think, and he speaks very highly of Rick Adelman everytime he does commentary for NBATV when they recaped a Rockets game.

Since Terrence Williams might be the only player that has publicly had a fued with coach Adelman in 20+ years, Im not sure that there is something wrong with the coaches not relating to Terrence, as much as it has to do with Terrence being a true blue knucklehead.

Given the Rockets history when dealing with locker room distractions, I would bet money he will not be with the Rockets very much longer despite his supposive "superstar talent" everyone on this board seems to think he has.

2. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

I'd rather we keep him than cut him or trade him to another team for peanuts. Let's see what he does with training camp and a new coaching staff. No excuses for him this time around.

3. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

Can T-Will's value drop any lower?

If not, might as well keep him. That slight increase in his value could mean a whole lot of difference.

4. mylilpony

mylilpony Member

we didnt get a great sample size with limited spotty minutes. See how bud played inconsistantly until we gave him more minutes.

5. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

My biggest worry concerning TWill from a purely basketball standpoint is his lack of shooting ability.

At no point in his career to date has he shown the ability to shoot the ball effectively.

Maybe we get lucky and have another Kyle Lowry who gets better and more confident with more minutes etc, but Kyle is a smart player and uh..Twill is......a.......guy with an orange bouncy ball.

DD

6. Sanity2disChaos

Give the guy a year with consistent mintues, then lets make this call.....he is probably one of our better all around players on the team and just needs to be coached-up and not doomed to the bench......IT IS WRITTEN.

7. Sanity2disChaos

Hit the nail right on the head, no excuses.....

8. JVL713

JVL713 Contributing Member

Just like the OP said, the dude has superstar potential. And from what he's said, he loves it here in Houston, his problem with with Adelman, who is no longer with the team. The dude may have some attitude issues, but he still hasn't gotten a legitimate chance to prove anything to us. A happy T Will would be very fun to watch, I would be very upset if we got rid of him before giving him a real shot. Especially considering the fact that Chase Budinger is our current starting SF.

9. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

ditto!!!...

10. AggNRox

AggNRox Member

the reason i gave nay is he didn't show any promise when he had playing time, especially his attitude. his playing style reminds of tmac but nowhere near tmac. he didn't play defense. i don't understand what is in his mind. he was fighting for minutes but he didn't play defense. what hell was he doing?

11. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

Everyone deserves a second chance.

12. pge71188

pge71188 Member

and I've had mine. :grin:

13. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

If TWill was a second round draft choice, he would be set free by now.

Since DM gave up a first round draft choice for TWill, he will hang around a little longer. If by the end of next season TWill still is not seeing any significant PT, he will be shown the door.

14. OkayAyeReloaded

Supporting Member

It's TWill and Thabeet's last chance with us next year I think.

I hope we see some mental improvement that translates into consistency next season.

If not, I wouldn't mind if they were traded if they disappointed again (really, I wouldn't be too upset if we traded either to move up in this year's draft either).

15. Glenyo

Glenyo Member

twill's value is dropped to an all time low, bcos of the rockets management.

16. adboy

adboy Member

let us see what he can do

17. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Really, what exactly did the Rockets management do to drop his value?

-Did they create a fued with him and a Hall of Fame coach?
    -Did they force his hand to Tweet uncontrollable nonsense?
    -Did they ever say anything negative about him when everyone in the media were giving them every opportunity to?
    -And most of all, is it the managements fault that he did not practice, created conflicts in the locker room, and consistently underperformed when given any minutes, both on offense and defense.

-However you can blame them for creating a fake injury to excuse him from the rest of the team so he can tweet about going to the movies while the team is playing Philly on the road.

Man, I just really dont understand what in the world the obsession is with this guy on Clutchfans.... the guy has a couple Youtube highlights and people on here want to compare him to the next Oscar Robertson.

18. Seven

Seven Contributing Member

I don't think he's a great fit for the Rockets, but they need to get his value up before they can trade him. If the next coach doesn't play him either, then there's really nothing his value will be continue to diminish...

I just hope playing him doesn't cost the Rockets too many games.

19. ashishduh

ashishduh Contributing Member

You don't "contend" for championships in the regular season. You find warm bodies to eat up minutes so your actual roster is fresh for the postseason.

Anyway, part of the reason so many people hate Williams is because of all the people who call him a future superstar.

Stop making threads about our 12th man all the time and people will stop unnecessarily hating on him.

20. kidcave9

kidcave9 Contributing Member

that bloody wanker :mad: