1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Terrence Williams or Anthony Randolph?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by G-Money, Dec 14, 2010.

?

Who would you rather have?

1. Williams

52.4%
  2. Randolph

33.9%
  3. Neither. We should have kept our pick.

13.7%
  1. G-Money

G-Money Member

Knicks probably would pull the trigger on trading Randolph for a first round pick. If Rockets had to choose between picking up Williams or Randolph for their 2012 1st Round pick.

Which player would you rather have?

2. Felece

Felece Member

T-Will, Hes at a postition of NEED

3. _RTM_

_RTM_ Member

I would like to have them both

4. Garner

Garner Member

Martin/Lee
    Battier/Bud

Where is this need?

5. mosessmalone

mosessmalone Member

6. CXbby

CXbby Member

The Knicks probably would NOT have pulled the trigger for a lottery-protected first round pick. Maybe, maybe no.

7. CXbby

CXbby Member

There.

8. rockets934life

rockets934life Contributing Member

I like the idea of going after AR with the other 2012n1st rd pick, maybe we won't have to choose.

9. Hball

Hball Member

I'll would like both... but I would give Randolph the edge, you don't see too many 6'11 guys with his athleticism and ball handling skills.

10. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Thing is, Nets have the most to get Melo. The one thing the Knicks don't have is that draft pick, which the Rockets still have :p

Knicks can take their chance and bet that Melo will join them in FA...but you never know. I don't think the Nets would make the deal if Melo did not want to play there, it would cripple their team for years to come.

11. junshao

junshao Contributing Member

Both are very talented with attitude problems but I will pick T-Will because he is more proven, and his attitude is less problematic than Randolph.

More proven because T will has actually played 2 months of great NBA basketball at the end of last season, whereas Randolph has only been dominant in the summer league.

Last year the Nets was a mess, I would think that contributed towards T Will's problem as a rookie. Also players having problem with Avery Johnson might not be always be player's fault. Troy Murphy who has been a solid pro all these yrs is now in Avery's dog house too. Remember also Avery's time in Dallas, he had a good winning record but his methods were losing his players, that's why they let him go in the end. So I believe T Will's issues with Avery doesn't really compare to the problems of Randolph who had with two coaches at GS and NY.

12. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

both.

rockets '12 first rounder for twill

knicks '12 first rounder for randolph

13. BleedRocketsRed

BleedRocketsRed Contributing Member

Williams is a swingman with upside.

Randolph is a bigman with upside.

RANDOLPH.

14. raining threes

This

Both of these guys are very athletic. (Which is one of the Rockets main weaknesses)

Williams allows for a good defender at the wing position to be on the floor at all times.

Randolph would provide a really good weak side shot blocker that this team is currently lacking.

15. LongTimeFan

LongTimeFan Contributing Member

Good call. All things equal, I would have taken Randolph.

Actually.. I might still take Randolph. Odds are that NY pick they wanted back would not be anywhere close to the lottery anyways.

Can we get both please, Darryl? Terrance was more like the one gift you open on midnight Christmas Eve.. but you never get to open your best gift because you're saving it for Christmas morning.. I hope Randolph comes in on Christmas morning.

16. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

Agreed. I want both.

17. everyday eddie

I wonder why NJ fans are upset about Williams and NY fans want to get rid of AR.

18. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

Where's the Williams or Ariza poll?

19. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

More like a talent we need....this basically gives us a two way players at the 1, 2, and 3 spot. A lot of versatility. Problem is finding out how they fit together.

20. BleedRocketsRed

BleedRocketsRed Contributing Member