1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Can Embiid and the Sixers hold off elimination in Game 5? Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Terrence Williams -- DNP?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DavidRocket, Jan 9, 2011.

1. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

He shot 4-11 in that game.

DD

2. RealRocFan47

RealRocFan47 Member

The reason we won so many games last year is because RA offense wasnt as strict as it is this year, We played more losely because we were expected to do bad and AB won alot of games for us down the stretch This year we are playing a well constructed offense with no room for error, Thats why at some points we look like the best offensive team and the west and some we look like the worst offensive team in the leauge

3. RealRocFan47

RealRocFan47 Member

The reason we won so many games last year is because RA offense wasnt as strict as it is this year, We played more losely because we were expected to do bad and AB won alot of games for us down the stretch This year we are playing a well constructed offense with no room for error, Thats why at some points we look like the best offensive team and the west and some we look like the worst offensive team in the league

4. OkayAyeReloaded

Supporting Member

AB would help, Chuck Hayes would help too. Same coach, different personnel due to injury (again).

Our true identity is a 30-40 win team that overachieved last year.

All coaches that could coach in Ricks place would make mistakes. Even very good coaches have bad games. During the win streak and when we were getting to .500 there were no fire Rick threads (again, same coach).

Yao is the difference maker. We had a top 10 defense with Yao, and bottom 10 without him. He was our star and rim protector.

When we win, no one praises Rick when he coaches well, but when we lose it is somehow all his fault and not the fact we lack a star/ the talent to beat good teams.

Frustration breeds finger pointing, even if its the wrong person people want to take out their anger on someone to feel better, Human nature I guess.

5. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Man, we've had far too many players who look good playing bad!

6. Codeo

Codeo Member

As usual, clutchfans ignores defense. The instances of Twill overdribbling seemed to happen when no one was making any cuts. He was constantly looking for people cutting to the basket but when it wasn't happening he would attempt to force it to the basket and attract defenders. For some reason some of you prefer passing it around the perimeter until there's 5 seconds left on the clock and throwing up a long three.

7. xcrunner51

xcrunner51 Contributing Member

10pts on 10 shots can be but is usually less than 50% shooting because it doesn't account for FT's and 3pt'ers. 1pt/shot is actually a very low. Kevin Martin usually is one of the league leaders at ~1.5pts per shot. He shoots an inordinate amount of FT's.

8. cdastros

cdastros Member

Ish got the minutes instead and looked great. He will probably get the minutes from T Will till AB comes back.

9. PeppermintCandy

It could have been about Adelman wanting to match up Ish Smith against Earl Watson, which was pretty much the only thing that worked to Houston's favor last night. Next game will tell if this is a rotation change.

10. ptealixpaint

ptealixpaint Member

If they only judged players on their last two games cbud would have been sent to the d-league months ago. That being said I'm sure they are just wanting him to learn the system better, and let him play the last few games to have some real experience and something to build on.

11. TheDude34

TheDude34 Member

This. We simply haven't seen the same kind of off ball movement the last two games that we saw in Portland. You could tell Terrence was looking, but nothing was available, so he tried to get himself going.

To the poster that said Williams has been a ball hog since his Louisville days... I'm not entirely certain, but I'm pretty sure he lead that team in assists for three years. That doesn't sound like a ball hog to me.

I wouldn't say he's played particularly awesome in the last two games he's played, but he certainly wasn't any worse than anyone else on this team.

12. kmav23

kmav23 Rookie

TRADE COMING !!!

Williams for Lebron !!!!

13. Z-Ro&Trae

Z-Ro&Trae Member

terrence williams was a ballhog in college, yet averaged 5 assist per game in his seanior year. how can a player that plays his position who averages 5 assist a game , be labled a ballhog? :confused: :rolleyes:

14. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

You can be a ball hog without being selfish. Point guards and assists guys tend to hold and dribble the ball longer than other players. Some guys have to dribble around for a while until they see someone get open. Instead of passing it around on the wing or to a post up player they say "I'm going to hold this ball until I get a direct assist". They're not really running an offense, more doing 2-person facilitating.

Rockets gave up a 1st round pick to get Williams. Morey generally backs the coaches decisions but I doubt he's there just to ride pine without getting a better look. If/once we give up on the season I'm sure we'll see him more.

If they can let Trevor ARIZA "expand my game", they can allow some of that for Williams.

15. Rockets Tehk

Rockets Tehk Member

T-Will doesn't impress me. If he came out and played his mind out like he should with such limited minutes then maybe I would be arguing his case. T-will playing like its another day on the court only gets me excited about what he can get if we add him into a package deal with a copy of his YouTube highlights and an attached letter that says "He'll be an All-Star. Guaranteed"

16. TheDude34

TheDude34 Member

I'm sorry, but what exactly do you expect to see from a guy who's played 8, 6, and 22 minutes with a couple DNP-CD's mixed in there respectively?