1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Terrence Williams baffled by McHale

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ashleyem, Mar 11, 2012.

1. ashleyem

ashleyem Member

Link

2. valorita

valorita Member

doesn't kyle have an 'unknown' stomach ache as well?
    what's going on???

3. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

I don't know if this story is true, but if it is, Terrence needs to realize that this "slowness" comes down to him only. He can play tomorrow if he's actually better for the Rockets than Parsons. From his tone, I sense he thinks that time will automatically net him some playing time. I sure hope not, and honestly, McHale doesn't seem the type.

How can we know what your role is going to be here? You've apparently yet to perform well enough to earn a rotation spot. Here's how it goes:

1) Work.
    2) Bench.
    3) Emergency rotation.
    4) Meaningful minutes.
    5) Role.
    6) Start/not.

Right now, Terrence is somewhere around 3, but he appears to think he's closer to 4 or 5. He's put in some good practice hours now (As McHale noted) and so he maybe hopeful of a bump upwards. But the reality is that it probably takes a much more prolonged period of hard work and discipline under McHale's system (which I don't like too much) to get bumped up even one spot.

Overall though, TW going in the right direction, sounds like he's working hard. I can see him stepping up as the season goes on, he improves, and current starters get tired of the compressed schedule. There will probably be more personnel changes, but keep your eyes open for opportunities which slip through the cracks.

4. Jontro

Jontro Member

I think the more appropriate terms is that Terrence is befuddled.

5. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Translated
    McHale does not appreciate him the way he does with Lee
    He sits Martin, Dalembert, Budinger... whoever is getting lazy, play with low energy or making too many errors

6. Rip Van Rocket

Rip Van Rocket Contributing Member

If he is confused why he isn't playing, why doesn't he just ask the coach why he isn't getting any minutes? Maybe he already knows the answer, but he doesn't want to hear McHale say it.

7. morpheus133

morpheus133 Member

Here is the article about his "sickness", that obviously seems to be something McHale said to cover for Twill walking out at half time and not returning.

8. J.R.

J.R. Member

[rquoter]Williams, however, said he did not have a stomach ache until halftime, and he seemed “wonderful” after the game.

Always cooperative, he offered answers with all the sincerity of Crash Davis teaching Nuke Laloosh clichés on the bus.

“I felt it,” he said.

“I think I’ll be out a week or something.

“Stomach hurt.

“It’s like a virus.

“Threw up once or twice.”

Mostly, however, he seemed to be sick of watching other people play basketball.[/rquoter]

Good riddance to this loser!

[rquoter]He has been benched by Lawrence Frank, Kiki Vandeweghe, Avery Johnson, Rick Adelman and Kevin McHale, it’s well past time to pretend that it is everyone else’s fault.[/rquoter]

Agree with this. Apparently it's everyone else's fault but Terrence's :rolleyes:

9. Margrave

Margrave Member

Agree with this hsf, but does anyone else think it is strange that McHale doesn't tell his players where they stand?

Usually coaches will at least let players know - seems like McHale doesn't communicate with his players all that often

1 person likes this.
  10. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Kudos to Feigan for keeping it real and not worrying about Terrence "blocking him" on Twitter or disturbing the peace. However, I understand why McHale had to hide the truth on this one. If the Rockets have to arrange a buyout and arent able to get a trade done then its going to hurt big time on their ROI. I totally agree with the last sentence in the article though. You can only blame everyone else for so long. Good riddance homie.

11. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Terrence said the exact same thing about Adelman, but Adelman said they talked all the time. He knows what he's doing when he throws the coach under the bus like this. Again, how much longer can one guy blame everyone else? The Rockets have a good coach, dont let this one loser change your opinion of McHale please.

12. Jontro

Jontro Member

Maybe he did behind closed quarters. Terrence could just be a drama queen and trying to get public sympathy. But the track record is against him. How many coaches dumped him?

That's just my $0.02 cents about his situation. Don't really care. Has potential, but seems like no brains nor effort. No amount shout-outs to CF could save him now.

13. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

The reason is that they are other players at his position who he thinks are playing better. What more needs to be said? McHale isn't going to play 5 wings in his rotation.

14. Margrave

Margrave Member

I would think that explaining to guys exactly where they stand and why, would be a good way of managing egos.

At least let them know what they need to work on etc.

Just my .02

15. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

He is not burning the bridge... but dismantling it one brick at a time.
    Oh... Terrence....

16. morpheus133

morpheus133 Member

This story certainly opens the door for the idea that McHale and the Rockets may have covered up alot more of Terrances behavior than we know. If McHale covers for Twill when he walks out on the team at halftime, who knows what has happened behind closed doors that the Rockets have decided to keep in house. It certainly seems more likely that behavior/attitude has held him back, rather than the idea that the Rockets traded to get the guy with the intent of never giving him a chance. After McHale tried to cover for him publicly, Terrance could have played it smart and not let on that he really wasn't sick and there would be plenty of people here who would be feeling sorry for him and fans would never know the truth.

17. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

There is no exact reason. Putting together a rotation isn't a science. You get a feel for which combinations work the best and you go with it. Maybe it has something to do with him shooting 3-15 in his last 3 games and the Rockets getting outscored by 21 in the 32 minutes he played.

If he wants to play more, then he needs to play better in the opportunities he's given. Both Parsons and Budinger have outplayed him.

18. Pieman2005

Pieman2005 Member

Did some research and Twill has 3 kids with 3 different woman! Classic straight pimpin my mayne!

[​IMG]

#wordapp

19. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

He's going to take the same path as Gerald Green. So lets cut him and let that
    T - W I L L - insanity take place.

20. UTAllTheWay

UTAllTheWay Member

He started to get playing time and then missed a practice.

Then he started to get playing time again and now he gets a stomach ache.

Stupid McHale

/sarcasm