1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Terrence jones

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by fonzie_004, Apr 18, 2015.

1. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

His 6 straight points were pretty huge. Thank god McHale went with him over Josh who was turning it over like crazy in the 4th.

2. Medicine N Music

Medicine N Music Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Basketballholic faints.

Thread over.

3. CisBuds4U

CisBuds4U Member

i'm glad he pulled it together in the end but he was a liability the first 3 quarters (but glad he turned it around).

Honestly though, I'm more convinced they keep DMO over Jones if that is the decision. Otherwise, I keep both and see if Smith stays for the min.

We are a point guard away from winning it all (with the current team)

4. PhiSlamma15

PhiSlamma15 Member

Mavericks were a LOADED TEAM with Championship Rings and we beat them 4 games to 1....Mavs' took the Spurs to 7 games last year. Great job Rox now time for the next Round!

5. solid

solid Contributing Member

Finished strong after looking awful for three quarters. Hope the Rockets can rest up and get "organized" for the second round.

6. WinorLoseMate

WinorLoseMate Member

Our big man rotation is solid to say the least.
    Howard, D-Mo, Capela at C.
    Jones, Smith and occasionally Brewer at PF.

7. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

I'm glad jones played ok the last few minutes but of his " 6 point run" 2 were off of an amazing harden pass and another two were from a cherry- picked fast break . His awareness is usually nonexistent and he can make as many stupid plays as Smith . He let dirk get 15 rebounds . He has issues shooting the three and creating spacing . When he is aggressive and attack the rim he is serviceable offensively and he is a decent 1 on 1 defender due to his length. Jones has a lot of holes in his game that can be exploited and doesn't always play smart . He needs to pull his head out his ass in the second round , but I'm not confident he can do it. He and smith just need to be able to trade having good halves at this point .

8. EightDoobies

EightDoobies Member

That 6 points was BIG. Then the two dunks after. HUGE.

9. PolarBear

PolarBear Contributing Member

Not exactly a loaded team with Rondo quitting on them and Parsons getting hurt. It was also a different team than last year: No Calderon, Brandon Wright, Shawn Marion, Vince Carter or Jae Crowder for depth this year...but this year's team was a lot better in the middle with Tyson Chandler this year vs. Dalembert/Wright last year. Their PG situation is as bad as ours: JJ Barea and Ray Felton was the best possible matchup we could have for 37-year old JET & 38-year old Prigs.

The Spurs and Clippers are considerably better. We need to tighten the D, hit our free throws, and stop turning the ball over 20+ times per game to have a good shot. I hope the Spurs & Clippers go 7 and wear each other out. Chris Paul against our ancient PGs scares the crap out of me. Personally, I'd rather go against a banged up Tony Parker & Patty Mills.

10. DAROckets

DAROckets Contributing Member

Dude was getting no respect 3 or 4 times he went up strong and was hacked all to hell with no call

11. SLRokJok

SLRokJok Member

He was frustrating to watch the past 2 games. Hope he takes his confidence to another level next round

12. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

There is no point in discussing every detail. We went out for that veteran PF (Josh Smith) and we kept Jones and Moti.

That is reality. Now we can talk in the offseason how or if we sign Josh to a new deal.

Morey accomplished getting that (almost allstar caliber PF 3rd star - at least borderline when he was with the Hawks)

13. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

He played okay this series, not great not terrible. Shot poorly from three but not a lot of attempts.

Not sure how Smith gets a free pass on defense yet people are criticizing Jones, Smith has been MUCH worse defensively and it's not even close. Even national media people are beginning to call out Smith's lazy "D" this series.