1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Terrence jones

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by fonzie_004, Apr 18, 2015.

1. Beardaholic13

Beardaholic13 Member

2. basketballholic

That's your opinion. Doubt all you want. I'm a huge Rockets fan. They are my team and I want them to punk everybody. You should recognize that. But instead you call names and make disparaging comments when I write what I see and think about my home team. As if you've never been critical of the any player or coach or trade or acquisition yourself? The only people I am becoming a nuisance to around here are people that would rather argue and call names than to discuss the team, the league, and the game of basketball in a logical, sensible, sharing manner. When I share knowledge, facts, experience, and supposition based on those things to a person that loves the game they respond in kind. When I share those things with casual fans who would rather argue than discuss logically, and that they "just want to whip Dallas because they hate Cuban", over time they respond the way you do, cussing, calling names, and accusing me of not being a fan and whatever other drivel they can conjure up on the fly as they let their intense anger burn through their fingers. And then when they are shown what they actually wrote (the actual facts), they are so blinded by negative emotion that they just spew total garbage like you just did. That's pitiful dude.

3. Batman Jones

Batman Jones Contributing Member

Poor baby. You created this situation for yourself. You wanted to be a cult of personality. It worked out poorly for you. Now you're pretending to be above a fray that you yourself created. You're not fooling anyone. We've all read your posts.

4. basketballholic

Is not about breaking down TJ. Is about understanding what is going to take for us to win a championship and what contributions we need from players to win a championship.

At this point with our injuries is critical that er get great performances out of both TJ and JSMOOVE of we are going to win a championship. So with that said everything is unfolding.

In my opinion, I've given up on Terrence being a floor space for us. He don't want to shoot the 4-ball. He avoids shooting out as often as possible. So I don't want to see him attempt another 3-ball shot. I'd much rather Smoove shoot them. That's how bad and reluctant Terrence is.

That's why I'm down to rebounding, running the floor, and finding a defensive matchup that Terrence can survive and thrive in.

That's why in looking at Charlie V. Terrence is just gas for Dirk's fire when he tries to defend Fork. I don't think McHale's really got a choice here. He's got to get Smith on Dirk and Terrence on CV and then all 3 remaining rotation bigs stay out of trouble so he can still match up Dwight or South with Terrence on the second team.

5. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

Jones has been fine, shooting poorly but doing other things about average for him.

Wish he'd shoot more, he shot 35% from 3 during the season, needs more confidence.

6. basketballholic

He's been dreadful defensively and when we don't get stops then we've got to play half-court offense. And he's been a lane clogger offensively. So realistically he's been bad this series.

7. Garner

Garner Member

What's this pissing match all about?

8. SC1211

SC1211 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Let's talk about Terrence compared to his competitor, who you have endorsed.

FACT 1:
    Terrence Jones has a higher WS/48 than Motiejunas (.160 compared to .110)
    (By the way, if Jones had played enough games to qualify, that would have been good for 35th in the league).

FACT 2:
    Jones has a higher TS% than Motiejunas (.567 compared to .553)

FACT 3:
    Jones rebounds at a higher rate than Motiejunas (13.7% compared to 11.4%)

FACT 4:
    Jones has a higher net rating than Motiejunas (5.3 compared to 2.6)

Don't get me wrong, I love both players. But pretending that Terrence Jones is nothing more than a fringe NBA player is laughably bad analysis. Had he played a full season and qualified, he would be one of 10 players to post the above statistics.

And since we're at it, it's worth remembering people attack you, the poster, because of the outrageous smugness you exude when you state your opinions (which are often wrong, remember that electoral math jopat?). I can respect when someone has an opinion that differs from the majority. I can't respect when that person declares everyone else wrong while refusing to engage in any meaningful dialogue.

That, plus your little idea to charge people on a different site for your insider info (which I still find to be incredibly disrespectful to Clutch and the great site he's created) makes you an easy target. Maybe not being so overconfident and bombastic would help you re-establish some credibility.

1 person likes this.
  9. Batman Jones

It's about jopat/basketballholic's ego. And his fake insider status. (If you want some fake info, he's offered to sell it here.) And his grudge against Jones which he has dug in so hard on that even when TJ came back from his nerve energy, got into the starting lineup and started averaging double-doubles and everyone including Morey (in public and to me privately) was raving, he had to try to prove it was all fool's gold. He also likes to tell me how no matter what Morey tells me it doesn't matter because it's his job to constantly fake everyone out (even his friends, even his coach). It's a thread about a troll. But I'm going to go ahead and put him on ignore. It's past boring and by engaging him I've become a part of his stank on the board.

He tries constantly to bait me with this "second best player" nonsense and he admitted he does it specifically to get a rise out of me. He's good at trolling. It worked. Hopefully the ignore list will help prevent it happening in the future.

Sorry for all the bandwidth. Go Rockets.

10. Beardaholic13

Beardaholic13 Member

I don't think Tjones is a bad player, he is just a very bad fit for our team....and although those stats are facts, they don't say the whole story because D-Mo played most of his games without dwight, he was simply abused inside by centers because he doesn't have the strength.

His D vs PFs was absolutely stellar, His 3pt shooting improved throughout the season, His post offense which was vs Centers also was absolute genius. HE just fits what we do much much better and IMO is also a better player.

Shooting: DMO>Tjones
    Passing:D-MO>Jones
    Post Offense: DMO>Jones

Post Defense: DMO >Jones
    Rebounding: =

Tjones has better handles, which honestly we don't need on our O, maybe better shot blocking too. But its clear as day that DMO is undoubtedly a better fit for our O and undoubtedly a better player

11. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

Good for you.

12. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

Don't pretend you're not paying jpot for the good oil!

13. Dhoward12

Dhoward12 Member

Jones lost his quickness, dude put on too much bulk

14. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

TJones on court 2014/5 season, Houston FG% = 56.8%. Opponent FG% = 43.8%
    TJones off court 2014/15 season, Houston FG% 50.5%. Opponent FG% = 49.2%

Jones personal defensive contribution = 41.5% FG against (ie, better than the excellent team average when he is on the court)

The funnies thing is when people criticise DMo for rebounding and suggest Jones is better in that regard. That's pretty much the area that DMo beats out Jones - with Jones on the court, the Rockets get outrebounded, with DMo on the court, the Rockets win the rebounds battle. It's not all about the personal rebound stats.

Last season Jones was ordinary defensively, but very good for our offence.
    This season his defence has come along to the point where (statistically) he is our best defender at the 4 spot.
    Next season he needs to take the 'next step' of learning to box people out on the rebounds.

15. Batman Jones

I have to pay him! According to him Morey is lying to me. Where else was I to turn? :)

16. Beardaholic13

Beardaholic13 Member

Again just bringing up stats doesn't do anything for me.....Jones played most of his games this year with Dwight on the Court which inflates every stat obviously.. Dmo the Opposite Most of his games were without dwight....that does many things.

1. He is covered by their best Post player
    2. He guarded and was guarded by Centers
    If you can't watch both players and realize the sizable difference both bring to the team , than its hard to explain because circumstances throughout the year always make stats look like something they aren't.

DMO>Smith>Jones

17. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

He's been better than Smith defensively, and it's unfair to single him out, the entire team did not show up defensively the last two games.

18. basketballholic

FACT 1: DMo played a huge chunk of his time without Dwight, playing out of position at the 5. And he held down the fort for the most part. Put Terrrence in DMo's place and his WS/48 sinks like a rock because he can't handle other 5's.

FACT 2: See FACT 1. Same reason.

FACT 3: Yes, he is a better rebounder. But that doesn't make him a decent or a plus rebounder. You see, I don't really care how he stacks up against DMo. He don't play against DMo in the games. He plays against the other bigs in the league. So just because DMo is a deficient rebounder doesn't mean Terrence is a good rebounder. He isn't. He's a pedestrian rebounder that all too often is overwhelmed by the size of the bigs in the playoffs.

FACT 4: See FACTS 1 and 2.

Don't get me wrong. I LIKE both players. But pretending that Terrence is a credible starter at the 4 spot for a championship contender is laughable ignorance, willingly ignoring his performances this playoffs and last season in the playoffs and his performances against playoff contending teams during the regular season. Had he played a full season, he'd have posted numbers somewhat similar to last year. And he'd still be stinking in the playoffs just like he is now because he undersized and can't handle bigger bigs defensively and because he cannot shoot a basketball beyond where he can jump and touch the rim and because when he attempts to finish in the playoffs he has to beat legit defensive bigs who outweight him and who are longer than him. Hence.....the understandable explanation of his drooping numbers in the playoffs.

And it's worth remembering that people attack other posters in here CONSTANTLY. It's not just me you jump on. You all jump on each other like a pack of starvving dogs turning on each other. So if you think I feel targeted? LOL Many of you like to argue, cuss, and call names. And you call me smug because I'm better than you. I don't do those things. I show deference, and discuss basketball. Occasionally tossing a joke at you. Instead of realizing it and having a good-natured laugh about it, you act like teenage boys and think it's some sort of challenge. That's your problem. And I ain't gonna change a thing. I will not respect or consider people when they make outrageous false accusations about me. I don't call everybody wrong. I don't hate Terrence and have never said I have hated Terrence. And I have asked for proof of false statements and all you spew back is your twisted, incorrect interpretation of what my actual words were. Meaningful dialogue? LOL 75% of your last post was meaningless.

As far as charging people for an insiders site, I want to revisit that. For the record, I had and have considered such a site. And the reason for the charge was to eliminate pretenders and those that would just be there to distort the facts and rumors discussed. It would have been meant to keep people like you, who just want to argue, cuss, and call names .....OUT! :grin:

You see there is a method to my madness. And you guys that keep bringing that up just make me laugh at you. Because you ain't got nothing in the line of basketball to discuss.

19. SC1211

SC1211 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Point to me where I called you a name.

Same recycled post as always. I'm out of this thread.

20. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

Run the stats for last year, same story.

Is it at all possible that you are only seeing what you want to see? Stats are a helpful way of clarifying if we are missing the point or not?