1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    GAME 7 ORLANDO vs CLEVELAND. Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Terrence Jones

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Realjad, Oct 22, 2014.

1. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

Daniels went 0-5 outside the paint oh no!

2. jump shooter

jump shooter Contributing Member

Good post;)

3. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

He won't fall for it. He hardly ever talks about other role players that are not PFs.

4. basketballholic

Daniels' 0 for 5 is an anomaly.

Terrence's 1 for 5 is a pattern.

5. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

you know what else is a pattern? Terrence blocking shots, hustling for offensive boards, putting the ball on the floor to create shots for himself and slashing to the hoop... you can be fixated on what hes not great at or you can utilize him for what he is.

He doesnt need to be a perfect player right now. Is Kawhi Leonard a perfect player right now? No, but he knows his role within the team concept and he can execute it at a high level, thats all we need T Jones to do.

6. basketballholic

A pattern of mediocrity.

Makes more sense to be fixated on what the Rockets need at the 4 spot.

You actually comparing Terrence to Kawhi??

The role of the 4-man on this Rockets team is to spread the floor, shoot from distance efficiently, and be able to body up and defend the bigger 4's in the West.

7. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

You either die a LOF or you live long enough to see yourself become the JOH.

8. basketballholic

LOL

I'm neither a LOF nor a _OH.

9. Junkyard_Dog

Junkyard_Dog Member

If Jones keeps giving performances like last night while improving his shot that will be fine with me. I think he should take more mid range shots actually. That seems to be his sweet spot. Also hope he keeps the arm sleeve. He looks like a bawss with it

10. Bob Barker 007

At least someone has a brain on this forum. Let me say what needs to be said: Terrence Jones is better than Donatas Motiejunas.

11. Karolik

Karolik Member

Jones always plays well against bad teams..I am not impressed yet.

12. wfeebs

wfeebs Member

I really like Tjones, but I cringe thinking about him against LMA/Blake/Ibaka/Anthony Davis/Zbo. I hope he steps up because I really do want him as our PF.

13. BackNthDay

BackNthDay Member

Who is this player u speak of, that player on offense would get killed on defense. With Ariza, Beverley, and James spotting up that is enought to make TJ effective.

What we need from the PF position is rebounding on both ends and tough D against, Aldridge, Dirk, and Blake (Dwight should check Blake/Aldridge). So TJ should be very good against the remaining PF's in the West.

14. BackNthDay

BackNthDay Member

Because of TJ's reach, I'm not concerned with Ibaka and slowing down Zbo. Now Anthony Davis is a different story because of his length and mid range game, which TJ should do more of and leave the 3's alone period. Take 2 steps in and hit the midrange. Talk to Calvin TJ>

15. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

I'm not a Jones OH, but yet:

-There hasn't been a trade I've wanted that DOESN'T include Jones
    -I advocated strongly to trade him last October because he wasn't in the rotation in preseason
    -I think I'm so freaking funny because I take the "J" out of his name because he can't shoot very well ...he he he
    -I will argue tooth and nail with anyone who tries to bring up Terrence Jones
    -Whenever Terrence Jones has a great game, that sends up a bat signal in the sky that we should trade him for peanuts

and most importantly-

-I make the case that the Rocket MUST have a 40% shooter from 3 at the PF spot yet pretty much EVERYONE I suggest bringing in even at PERIMETER positions is a crappy a#% shooter from 3-

Career 3 point %:

-Amare- 24%
    -Derrick Williams - 29%
    -Rubio - 32%
    -Rondo- 25%
    -Bass - 9%
    -Enes Kanter- 33%
    -Cody Zeller - NEVER SHOT AN NBA 3
    -Jerebko- 32%

You aren't just a Jones Only Hater Jopat/BBH... you are the freaking president of the JOH club. Just go tweet Steve Kyler or Alex Kennedy some more so you can go make yourself feel like an insider again, and give the Terrence Jones threads a rest.

16. basketballholic

Terrence is substantially below 40% from midrange for his career.

17. jump shooter

jump shooter Contributing Member

Signed World Champions Spurs LOL. He averaged almost a double double against the two teams in western conference finals LOL. And he was pretty much a rookie last season. Geeezus don't you guys give up LOL. God forbid if he has another good game cuz we all know some of you guys can't wait for a bad one to jump down his throat like preseason LOL.

18. bingsha10

bingsha10 Member

this. signed and cosigned

19. sTeKcOr22

sTeKcOr22 Member

You sir, are right.

20. jedicro

jedicro Member

Oh, ok.