1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Terrence Jones

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Realjad, Oct 22, 2014.

1. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

He is easily the better shotblocker (4 blks), stealer (2stl) at this point than Jordan the Man Hill

He can even dish out some assists, very versatile.

I am sure he had a good season last year but as of now he is pretty good at being the backup 4.
    His defense could be better.

2. GanjaRocket

GanjaRocket Member

he doesnt use enough of his driving skill to set up fakes in the paint.. he could have guys flying up while he just dips under.

3. Purvis2Short

Purvis2Short Member

Sucks!!
    He doesnt do one thing well or exceptional. Go down the list of rotational players and each one can do something good to exceptional except Terrence Jones.

4. ooooaaaah!

ooooaaaah! Member

He's the best dribbling power forward in the league.

His only issue is low motor. Yes he can have hustle plays like the one in the Miami game. The ability and skills are there but he takes off and watches too much. He is talented as hell and some disagree but I would attribute that to fanatic blindness. He needs JJ Watt lessons on playing every single play.

6-9 250 with hops and handles, guy is a beast below the shoulders. His cerebellum is good too, its just the rest of his cortex that needs help.

5. krosfyah

krosfyah Contributing Member

I even have to disagree about the "hops" part this season. He has had at least 5 ally-ops passes that he flat missed or simply caught for an attempted lay up. I'm not sure if he's playing hurt, lack of conditioning or just has no springs left.

6. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

What was Stromile Swift? I am not putting him in that category because he is already more talented but Swift was an example that has mad hops and close to zero substance.

7. basketballholic

Stromile was ATM who turned out to be JAP.

That is to say, A TREMENDOUS FINISHER who turned out to be JUST ANOTHER PLAYER.

(But....Stromile could actually shoot a basketball a little bit.)

8. Mkieke

Mkieke Member

What's the point of the first sentence? Nobody in the entire world would have any clue what those acronyms meant. It's like every one of your posts has a word quota to meet.

9. Louka

Louka Contributing Member

Who is Blake Griffin?

10. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

From what I saw last night, Aaron Gordon is pretty damn good too.

Can't forget about Anthony Davis

11. basketballholic

I have used JAP on here quite often. A lot of posters know what that means. Now I'm introducing ATM. That is to say, A Tremendous Finisher. Going to merge them into ATMJAP. Since there are so many of these kinds of guys around, both in the NBA and not in the NBA.

12. Louka

Louka Contributing Member

incorrect #Jeopardy :p

1 person likes this.
  13. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

Wouldn't "A TREMENDOUS FINISHER" be an ATF?

14. Lefty

Lefty Member

He's just stressed.

Needs to find a Hobo to kick/stomp.

15. ooooaaaah!

ooooaaaah! Member

????This Season?????

I agree he looks bad in pre-season but damn fellas! The season hasn't started yet. It feels like Lakers fans talking about Dwight. I keep reading "this season", "this year", "no improvement"...........WE DON'T KNOW YET!

Yes, I'm concerned too and most have a point but damn I can't wait for the real season to start! Yous guys crack me up.

16. ooooaaaah!

ooooaaaah! Member

Come on, no comprison. Blake best finisher but no where near the handles.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/2rho-4WvBLo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/5Tq2tRvHeIk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

17. ooooaaaah!

ooooaaaah! Member

wait this for Blake

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/wkhZ0eC-EWA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

18. krosfyah

krosfyah Contributing Member

I understand your sentiment but you dinged the wrong guy. I'm not generally bashing him. I'm pointing a specific question.

Regarding his jumping ability, you can't compare him TJones to Howard as Howard was coming off surgery. TJones doesn't have that excuse.

If you are an baller, and somebody lobs an ally-oop, isn't that about as good as it gets? Why would you not hammer that down be it the finals, pre-season or a black top 3-on-3 tournament?

Kostas or even DMo missing 3's doesn't concern me. But passing up ally-oops is odd, unless something is wrong.

19. alethios

alethios Member

simple, put a hobo under the basket.

20. yixiixiy

yixiixiy Member

He's only worth a MacHale now.