1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Terrence Jones

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rocketballin, Jul 7, 2013.

1. trowa2

trowa2 Member

ben wallace wasnt a star? he was one of the few players be close to a superstar playing defense along

2. Space City

Space City Member

Ben Wallace: 197 minutes as an undrafted rookie

He later went on to become a four time all star and an NBA record four time defensive player of the year.

1 person likes this.
  3. greatpacha1

greatpacha1 Member

I believed from the beginning that TJones had the talent and ability. But obviously he did not get any playing time so he hasnt had a chance to really develop. We'll see if he gets more PT this season, I really think he could be very good. I think he could of been our Barnes if he played all season. But maybe thats a slight stretch, cause i think TJones is more athletic.

4. Fullcourt

Fullcourt Contributing Member

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/t_o13q2o6WQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

5. Benchwarmer

Benchwarmer Member

Jones can play around the rim, and is a good rebound guy ... but what we really NEED right now is a PF who can shoot and space the floor for Howard.

6. Hilarious

Hilarious Member

in fact there are so many examples i cant stop to find new ones lol

Detlef Schrempf, Anthony MAson , Alex English (granted he wasnt under 300 mins but pretty much in the same frame imo), Ricky Pierce just a few

7. TJ VS TR

TJ VS TR Member

5 TOs??? Must be a scrub!

Anyways, OP, if TJ just plays very good man D he will be a very capable starter at PF for us.

8. trowa2

trowa2 Member

TJ isnt a pg and its summer league, he was given the chance to go coast to coast. i dont see 5 TO being a problem since in regular season, he wont be allowed to handle the ball as much.

9. TJ VS TR

TJ VS TR Member

I'm sorry, it's sarcasm! :cool:

10. AVoiceInACrowd

From my list earlier there was a player who meets your extremely difficult criteria. He played 238 minutes his rookie year. No injuries. And turned into not just a star but an all-star making 2 appearances. DING...DING....DING and the winner is Zach Randolph.

Lol, I'm surprised no one has listed him yet. I feel very naughty for doing this and the **** storm it will raise, but. Jeremy Lin. 285 minutes his rookie year. No injuries. And turned into a star, at least in the eyes of a lot of people. :grin:

11. Rox23

Rox23 Member

Will reserve judgment. Has all the tools to be a quality NBA PF but lacks motivation, particularly on the offensive end. He tends to the be the Invisible Man at times. If he gets more aggressive on offense he will be a keeper. Not a great passer. Decent rebounder. In the Rox offense he will be expected to shoot the three and pass. Don't be shy now!

12. Rox23

Rox23 Member

Terrence Jones will never be a star. His ceiling is not that high and he got owned on defense by most of the better PF's. Bottom line he's undersized.

That said, I think he could work in this offense as a starter where he won't be expected to do too much as PF except space the floor, get offensive boards, and pass to Dwight. DMO actually has a higher ceiling, and is the better overall player, and so I think Jones should start and DMo come off the bench where he can be more of a go-to guy. So far Jones has shown that he doesn't want to be the go-to guy. On offense he literally hides--he doesn't want to take shots. Hopefully this year both Jones and DMo will get over their freshman jitters.

13. fxbillie

fxbillie Member

He earned the chance to start

T Jones have been very patient waiting for his chance and honing his skill in D League. When he got the chance towards the end of last season, he was pretty good. What impressed me is his defence, rebounds and the ability to finish the ball quick when Lin made the assist. He had quite a few quick dunks. With Howard now in the line up, he and Howard will present two potent options for the pg to finish around the rim, unlike Asik who had trouble to finish at times. So Jones should be given the chance to start & prove his true potential this coming season.

14. TJ VS TR

TJ VS TR Member

Nice one.

15. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Terrence can shoot and will be working on his shooting

16. bilaal14

bilaal14 Member

Terrence Jones is going to be a good basketball player in the NBA. Not alot of upside, but this guy can ball. Lets not get too high on him, or greg smith. I think Jones can be a good spark off the bench for our second unit. I think what we really need in the starting 5 next to Howard is a stretch 4, and i think DMO (who claims to put on 25lbs and now reached a staggering 250lbs) gets the nod this year if we do not upgrade that spot before the season starts.

17. calmdowntime

calmdowntime Member

Is DMO even a better 3pt shooter than TJ? Not so sure..

18. bilaal14

bilaal14 Member

28% to Terrence Jones 26%.... But i think Dmo has the bigger upside in terms of getting better offensively and expanding his game. Capability of being a stretch 4 would def tilt in Dmo's favor right now.

19. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Regardless if you are a Dmo fan, TJones took that spot at the end last season.
    Dmo has to prove himself

I would guess for now Dmo is backup.

20. bilaal14

bilaal14 Member

Not a fan of Dmo or Tjones, just think Dmo fits better with DH12 on the court.