1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Terrence Jones

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rocketballin, Jul 7, 2013.

1. bleedrockets

bleedrockets Rookie

I see Lamar Odom in him...but do not know if he will get that opportunity with this team

2. Scarface281

Scarface281 Contributing Member

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/sIkxG39xz0g" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

3. Yao4REAL

Yao4REAL Member

I think the 4th spot is up for grab between him and Dmoe...if both FAILED...expect Greg Smith to take over like usual lol.

4. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

Can any of you guys that watched the game this morning give us a synopsis of sorts on his play overall?

The stat line looks great but he was posting those numbers against D-Leaguers last season.

5. pnr

pnr Member

He needs to start right now. He is the best defender out of all our PFs and he can score when being fed, which is nice. I love the guy's hustle and think he has all the potential in the world.

6. JD88

JD88 Member

If he can learn to be humble and take a talking to by the better players, the sky is the limit.

7. MrButtocks

MrButtocks Contributing Member

After he came back from the D-League, Jones averaged 1.9 blocks, a steal, and six rebounds in 23 minutes. Our PF will be the fifth option on offense, so all we need at that position is defense and rebounding. Jones does both, so I think he's our starter for next year. He's not even really an offensive liability, so there's no reason to keep him off the floor if not for lack of experience.

I think if DMo develops, he can be our offensive punch off the bench. McHale came off the bench for the Celtics, so it's not like he's unfamiliar with the formula. I just don't think DMo is good enough defensively to guard starters yet.

8. SLRokJok

SLRokJok Member

If given the playing time and lengthened chemistry with teammates, Terrence can do well. PPat did ok himself. Terrence seemed more comfortable out there than Donatas.

9. willieg52

willieg52 Member

I believe last year I was and still am his biggest fan. The kid has a great handle, awesome 1st step, can rebound his *** off, and understands position to be able to block shots. Yes he is a hybrid stretch 4 but I'm still sticking to what I've said before that he could easily shed 20lbs and become a 3 because of his handle, 1st step, and aggressive ability...

10. ERC

ERC Member

Nash?

Nash averaged only 10min/game in his first season and didn't really break out till his 5th year. And now he is HOF-bound.

Draft position or play time doesn't really have a direct correlation with success. Look at Bargnani, Thabeet, Austin Rivers (high draft picks that didn't quite work out), but on the other hand there's Beverley, Lin, Ginobili (low 2nd rounders or undrafted) who are rotation players.

Not saying TJones is at Nash's level, but the kid is still young, so one never knows what kind of player he will become.

11. basketballholic

I don't agree with this. Harden/Dwight are option 1. Parsons/PF/PG are option 2 off the playmaking of Harden/Dwight.

12. thedude077

thedude077 Member

My god, this site is full of homers...
    By the way you can't judge a player's game from summer league. I remember when John Lucas III dominated the summer league...

13. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

I do. And a big FU to the haters.

14. skroodup25

skroodup25 Member

Jermaine Oneil
    Joe Johnson
    Gerald Wallace
    Aaron Brooks
    Kyle Lowry
    Paul George
    David West
    Steve Nash
    Al Harrington
    Hedo Turkoglu
    Tracy McGrady

Thats just from the list of current nba players.... And yes some of those guys played a little more than T. Jones but they were on terrible teams that needed them or had no other options.... And yes I know most of those guy aren't star players but they are all pretty damn good players...

Its usually been common in the NBA that it takes about 3 years removed from highschool before you know what kind of player you have. Alot can happen in those 3 years but when a player makes it through you know pretty much what he is. Giving that we had a glut at his position and a coach who preferred vets over rooks... Jones didn't see as much time as he clearly deserved but I doubt if that happens again this year.... He'll be a rotation guy at worst this year....

15. trowa2

trowa2 Member

post game isnt something tjones do well.
    that doesnt matter because not everyone is perfect.

16. Alvin Choo

Alvin Choo Member

Too much size and skill to be a bust. And he seems to have a decent head on his shoudlers unlike the countless others bigman.

At the very least, Morris numbers of last season at rockets should be very doable. 8.6 points, 4.1 rebounds, less than a steal + block a game. Provided Rox continue to run.

17. RocketsFan69

RocketsFan69 Member

The kids a monster, since were not stalked with Pf's this year he has a chance to rise and shine to the occasion

18. alethios

alethios Member

Terrence Jones is Dwight Light. But seriously, I think he will benefit from having Dwight on the team.

19. Yodels

Yodels Contributing Member

I forsee him as a glue player for us at the 3-4. If he improves his range, he could be a left-handed Robert Horry.

Actually I like all our young 4s for different reasons (Smith, Jones, DMo). I think it would be more advantageous if we go with the hot hand different parts of the year.

Coaches usually stick with a single player at a position even in a slump during the season. I like the idea of keeping it competitive.

20. Fair Dinkum

Fair Dinkum Member

Any of our young 4s could have a break-out season.

I think Jones is in the lead and certainly my favorite with his athletic ability on defense. The Josh Smith but can shoot comparisons are warranted.

D-Mo from all accounts has bulked-up and offers us post moves and 3pt range. Hope he has improved his defense.

Greg Smith was like a bull down low at times last year. He's strong, has good hands and can finish. Foul trouble was a big problem and also has limited range.

I McHale really gives these PFs a chance to take that PF spot after they start with the twin towers. I don't want to see small ball too often by moving Parsons or Casspi to the 4.

I'm betting on a break-out season for T-Jones!