1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Terrence Jones

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by willieg52, May 28, 2012.

1. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

You might be more right than you think here. Other than D-Mo who I think will play alot of minutes, but his style of play(hussle big who runs the court, can score in the paint against smaller bigs easily) might be better for the bench in his rookie year.

I think running Parsons at the 2 guard position to create mismatches and a "positionless" team makes alot of sense, and is worth a try this season.

2. shortfuse3

shortfuse3 Member

he's kind of like a poor man's james harden but with better rebounding

3. SkyrimOwnsAll

SkyrimOwnsAll Member

i like that comparison especially because he is a big

4. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

I actually like that too, but then Lamb is on the bench.

5. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

And in the CF way, a player can go from rated to overrated
    to trashed,
    to overrated again :)

Before he even plays a regular season game

Josh Smith and Lamar Odom have NEVER been All-Stars. Nor Paul Millsap (or Al Jefferson). So if Terrence Jones is anything less than that, it wouldnt be a slight at all.

If T Jones is at least a Rodney Rogers type, that'd be quite alright considering his draft position. I think he's got potential to be better than that.

Everyone commented how he looks slow with the ball, but T Jones is 250+ lbs facing up other bigs. He doesnt need a blazing first step. He has adequate handles for his size to be effective there.

#45 Shroopy2, Aug 29, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 29, 2012
  6. RocketSiv

RocketSiv Member

Terrence Jones was a player that was made for the dribble drive offense. Calipari's system emphasizes athleticism and ball handeling skells for bigs. He is not the most of either but for his size is above average in both.

Tjones biggest problem is that at times he can be mentally week. When things are going bad they get worse. Hopefully that can change.

One of his biggest strengths is also viewed as a weekness. At UK he was a player that deferred to other great players and played what would be for the betterment of the team. Had he not been on a team so stacked he could/would have averaged 25ppg last season. His game will better translate into the pros so his mindset will need to change if he wants the chance to be great.

He is a player that we would not have been able to draft if he had not had a wrechted game and displayed a bad game against Indiana and then dislocated his finger the very next game and having a miserable stretch while he was healing.

He is a plater that would have been drafted much higher if he had not been on a stacked team.

Terrence's game is not perfect but he can be good or at the end of the day it could be bad. And just to cover my tracks....could be mediocore;)

7. Rocket_4_Life

Rocket_4_Life Member

"He is a player that we would not have been able to draft if he had not had a wrechted game and displayed a bad game against Indiana and then dislocated his finger the very next game and having a miserable stretch while he was healing."

Precisely. We got a huge break. If he can maintain better control of his emotions, and not let small setbacks affect the entirety of his game, he can be very good - perhaps all-star. He's just a young man. I'm hoping he can put these types of reactions behind him. Again, we're fortunate that he dropped to us. Remove the Indiana game and a few others, he's a top-10 pick.

8. SkyrimOwnsAll

SkyrimOwnsAll Member

A player not particular great at one thing, but solid everywhere.... sounds like a better version of Luis Scola

9. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Happy B-day Terrence