1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Terrence Jones Predictions for 2014-15 Season

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rox>Mavs, Jul 14, 2014.

?

What will Terrence Jones Average for the 2014-15 Season?

Poll closed Oct 22, 2014.
  1. 12-14ppg/7-7.5rbg

63 vote(s)
    32.8%
  2. 14-16ppg/7.5-8rpg

85 vote(s)
    44.3%
  3. 16-18ppg/8-8.5rbg

35 vote(s)
    18.2%
  4. 18-20ppg/8.5-9rpg

3 vote(s)
    1.6%
  5. >20ppg/>9rpg

6 vote(s)
    3.1%
  1. NL Rocket

NL Rocket Member

The only reason I am not upset of Bosh coming here is cannot wait to see what TJ will do. The guy is still very young and still with very much upside. Let's hope he bulks up!!

2. ralphabetsoup

ralphabetsoup Member

15/8

Defense and court awareness/IQ needs to improve. He was lost on that Lillard 3 play while guarding the inbounds! McHale was right there and didn't coach him/yell at him in the moment.

3. Remii

Remii Member

I didn't say he was better _ I said it wouldn't make a difference defensively against some of these high powered PF's in the west. Looking for a guy to shut those guys down is like trying to find a unicorn. Those guys do the same thing to Bosh that they do to TJ.

4. King901

King901 Member

All you mentioned was one game when griffin torched Bosh, There were several games where Aldridge touched jones. Bosh is still better defensively and would make a difference. No one has said anything about someone shutting someone down. The key is to not let them score at will whenever they want, all game long.

5. Remii

Remii Member

Just because I only mentioned one doesn't mean that's the only one... But nevertheless, Bosh ain't here _ TJ is. At least until Morey trades him. Lol.

6. King901

King901 Member

I get that you would like to feel like our players are better than everyone else, they aren't though. The argument has nothing to do with who is here and who isn't. I guess Josh Smith and Jones are the same defensively because elite pf will score on them. Sounds dumb right?

7. iJHolmes

iJHolmes Member

If he doesn't get traded..that is.

8. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I'm afraid you've all over-bid.

[​IMG]

9. Nook

Nook Member

Jones was the worst defender on the Rockets last year.

10. mac_got_this

mac_got_this Member

Landry stepped up in his third year when weoagour major scoring options and patrick Patterson stepped up too in his third year before getting traded.

Jones is more talented than both of them so i have great expectations for Mr. Jones.

11. htownfan_9210

htownfan_9210 Member

Wow...

12. Remii

Remii Member

I stop reading right there because you're trying to make a case over something I didn't say.

13. King901

King901 Member

Your point was still invalid.

14. Remii

Remii Member

Z-Bo and the rest of these boys out here go off for 20-25 points a game against Bosh on the regular because he's sofTTT... Even the youngster Davis does too. They love playing against Bosh. Lol. And on the flip side Bosh has trouble scoring against them. I think you just had stars in your eyes.

15. fv court

fv court Member

he needs to watch those fragment fouls.

16. fv court

fv court Member

fragrant

17. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

Just needs to work on understanding team defense and work on his shooting form. He's young enough to make leaps in those areas.

A lot of his defensive struggles can be attributed to the defensive system in place though. A young guy who's not naturally a gifted defender will look lost if the defensive coaching sucks. I felt like sometimes he was just lacking the clear instructions that a player his age may need. More experienced players will understand what to do with little instruction.

18. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

Bosh is miles and miles ahead of Jones defensively and would have undoubtably made a difference on that end.

19. King901

King901 Member

I dont think I do. I think bosh broke your heart when he didn't choose houston. Aldridge dropped 30-35 on jones, so that's a 10 point difference, 10 points matter in a game. And Bosh won his matchups vs Aldridge, Jones did not.

20. PhatPharaoh

PhatPharaoh Member

Man it seems like so many people on here hate Jones... He is by far our best option at the 4 for this coming season... I believe with the loss of Parsons Jones can improve to putting up 15 ppg and 9 rpg or so. He has a lot of room for improvement, as he is very young. If he bulks up 15 or so pounds and can improve his 3pt shooting by a few percentage points, he will be a very solid option at the 4.