1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Terrence Jones is the answer....

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by cheke64, Nov 18, 2012.

1. rimrocker

rimrocker Contributing Member

He plays big enough.

2. <3myrockets

<3myrockets Contributing Member

as soon as i saw pat throwing up a teardrop, i knew it was time for me to move on. use to be a huge fan simply because he was relentless before. now he's tossing up teardrops smh.

3. jimmyv281

jimmyv281 Member

This is what I have been saying!!!
    [​IMG]

4. jimmyv281

jimmyv281 Member

ABOVE SHOULD BE HIS NEW NICKNAME!!!!!

5. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

Not true actually, and btw, Jones is 6'9.5" with over a 7 foot wingspan. He's plenty tall to play the 4. That is, without a doubt, his natural NBA position. I've said it before, he's a young Josh Smith. He will eventually be a great 3rd option on a contending team. Now we just need to find option #2.

6. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

That's what she said?

But seriously, this dude has some great skills and if we're going to play dummy-ball anyway (Harden the hero, Lin standing in the corner, Ppat scared to get touched but "earning" minutes), then let Terrence Jones play and develop.

If we actually intend to contend this year, the obvious upgrade would have to come at one of the forward spots, so SOMEbody would have to go. I'd rather let Dmo go in the right deal, i.e., we get a difference-maker in return. But I like what Tjones should bring to this club, and hope he supplants Patrick "Ah! He Touched Me!" Patterson soon.

Naturally we still need to see if Dmo develops as well. And lots of variables exist that preclude trades just happening. But unless we get an unforeseen stud for Terrence Jones, let's keep him. Kid has some beast in him.

7. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

I thought he made that shot?

Lat night was probably Pat's best game of the season, considering the competition - he had slightly better stats against Miami, but they have no true frontcourt.

But he's just so average, and somewhat limited defensively. Sure, TJones probably isn't better defensive option against Gasol or Aldridge... but he might be, especially given his athleticism to contest shots.

8. onreego

onreego Member

He might not be a better option defensively at the moment but playing time and coaching will help with that. The one thing I love about him compared to Pat, is that TJones tries to throw it down on people. He looks competitive and I feel his goal is to embarrass his defender not just beat them.

9. studogg

studogg Contributing Member

for those drawing correlations to former flashes in the pan

this is the season to evaluate the youth and talent on this roster. If the man flashes while the starter has fizzled - let him play and see what he can do.

With max money, tradeable commodities and a draft pick that becomes more valuable by the loss - this is the time to find out what you have.

Jones flashed during summer league - flashed harder during the preseason - and has flashed in his limited minutes in the regular season. While i grant that he will most probably have troubles on a full time basis - I would rather him get through those troubles this year so that we can make an informed decision for the future.

10. dragonz

dragonz Member

Carl Landry route is wut? a career backup?

11. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

Don't understand your post. You call him undersized, but link an article that lists him as oversized.

#91 Joe Joe, Nov 19, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 19, 2012
  12. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

Anyone else ready to make a highlight reel to this song?

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/0kZDEc7FOv4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

13. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

I had been saying it all along!

14. josephnicks

josephnicks Member

is kelvin sampson still coaching?? thats probably the only reason hes playing.. mchale would have him glued to the bench..

15. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

16. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

He looked very good last night. I am for bringing along guys slowly and putting them in a position to succeed. That time may be now.

17. Medicine N Music

Medicine N Music Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Missed the game last night. Can somebody please recap and break down what he did this game? All I'm seeing is how well he did, but nothing about what exactly he did. Thanks!

18. OremLK

OremLK Member

Donatas Motiejunas is the long term answer, Jones would just be holding the fort until he's ready. Should be a nice bench player backing up D-Mo though!

19. Rocket_4_Life

Rocket_4_Life Member

Hahaha. Not any time soon.

20. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

After the initial adrenaline rush of seeing Jones throw down that dunk last night on Meeks, the second thing I though about was... "well here come the Terrence Jones threads."