1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Terrence Jones is the answer....

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by cheke64, Nov 18, 2012.

1. teebone21

teebone21 Member

Rebounding is his downfall like Patterson

2. ktbballplaya

ktbballplaya Member

As much as I like Jones hes still undersized and I'm fed up with undersized Pfs. If were talking about THIS season then I dont mind but going forward I prefer he comes off the bench in a lamar odom role.

3. Sen89

Sen89 Member

actually it's the truth

Why can't a Rockets fan voice his support for a player and get banned while others can make a thread as pointless as this and receive reps?

4. D12Eminem

D12Eminem Member

Told y'all so since the beg. before Summer L...that Tjones would be the best player that we drafted, and has the most upside...He might have that do it big one night, then not "there" the next game, but we don't know...bc he hasn't played much...
    So far he has shown he can rebound decent, not like we have chuck hayes in there, so Tjones can take the spot he can shoot the outside shot better than PP, and for some reason PP is now not the smartest player on D, like he was last year....So maybe that is bc it is a whole new team, and adjustments...
    It's going to be a slow process with TJONES so people, be patient....

That dunk against the Lakers:cool::eek: was a "I'm in the NBA dunk, but ya I'm still a rookie throw down" :p
    Sik though none the less

5. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

He's definitely not undersized. Pretty much prototypical PF size actually. If hes not a flat 6'10" then he is 6'9" and 3/4 ... His wingspan is also over 7 ft ... i think its 7'2" but i may be slightly off on that. So basically Jones is not undersized. He's no shorter than Jefferson or Millsap who many posters want to trade for.

6. Hrock

Hrock Rookie

All we can do is pray for more Terrence Jones. I honestly sat up a little and got really excited when I saw Jones subbed in.

7. Billionzz

Billionzz Contributing Member

?????????????????

He posted the same thing 114 times in a row that's why.
    That's just stupid.

8. Mr. Dominant

Mr. Dominant Contributing Member

THIS!!!

9. Alex L.

Alex L. Contributing Member

I love what I saw today, but let's not get too excited. If he has one bad game there will be threads calling for his head.

Give the kid lots of love and let him develop. In the meantime, we hide our excitement :grin: (I know, it's difficult..)

I OFFICIALLY LOVE JONES!!

10. desi tmac91

desi tmac91 Member

I remember when Patterson was the Clutchfans darling.

11. sidestep

sidestep Member

I'd like to see Jones replace Ppat as well. Also, Asik's effectiveness on the offensive boards is diminished by Ppat standing at the corner 3, or taking his favored midrange jumper. This is the consequence of Ppat's shot selection; there's no getting around it. Without Ppat to help boxout, Asik is often battling like two guys in the paint by himself.

It's physically brutal for Asik over the course of the game, and hard to board like that. (It's not all due to this, but it does pain me to see Asik getting stitches for his face TWICE.) Jones has the size and athleticism and banger mentality to fill that role, and he's a much bigger threat rolling to the basket too. Ppat often aborts his picks halfway to get open for midrange jumpers, it drives me nuts.

And it just really annoys me seeing so many perimeter shots go up. Ppat seems allergic to taking it to the bucket.

#51 sidestep, Nov 19, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 19, 2012
  12. Sen89

Sen89 Member

but I was right, now I'm just using a different account

13. BigBenito

BigBenito Member

So the latter!

Right/Wrong doesn't matter. You were banned for your conduct.

14. TriumVirate

TriumVirate Member

then you should also remember the surgery he had changed the way he play. Now he is soft and takes jumpers all the time

15. darksoul35

darksoul35 Member

Some people where hating when we drafted him and i have been saying all along the dude is the steal of the draft.I know its only a few minutes but he needs to play.Since im saying im right then i have to admit being wrong about Morris but i love it that they where in at the same time.All we need now is a real point gaurd.

16. greatpacha1

greatpacha1 Member

he should get 35 mins a game...kids got so much potential...stupid coaches.

17. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

I was very excited when we drafted him he would of been top 5-10 pick if he would of left school earlier but got a steal with this kid and the thing I like most about him is his beast mode mentality he really plays with a mean streak he does need to play more I agree I think he can be and will be better than 2pat he just needs the PT but remember we also brought 2pat along slowly his rookie year so just wait and see

18. DdotConrad503

DdotConrad503 Member

Tired of seeing stupid posts like this. Anyone who has been watching knows that Pat came in aggressive then regressed after his surgery.

19. onreego

onreego Member

When did 6'9" become classified as undersized? Unless you mean weight wise then you may have an argument but I always wondered why this shtick became associated with 6'9" players. I'm assuming its because of the Tim Duncans and the Paus of the league.

20. MambaJoe

MambaJoe Member

Jones is solid for a rookie. He has so much potential and he is aggressive. He's not afraid to go against bigger players. I love his skills set and how he would go up and block shots.