1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Terrence Jones is back people!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rocket2008, Feb 26, 2015.

1. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Is it me or does it seem like Jones is always playing in slow motion?

It looks like his brain is lagging by 1-2 seconds and his body is waiting for the signal to be processed before he makes his next decision/move.

Maybe its his body language.

#81 Zboy, Feb 26, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 27, 2015
  2. getbloodyred

getbloodyred Member

Yeah he looked massive against the Clippers. Really happy to see that he was working out and getting in shape for the season during his injury.I'm generally just very excited for this team. Pablo made some great moves and I think he is genuinely happy to be on our team. Brewer and Smith have been great. If Dwight can return healthy, this team has a ceiling that is out of the roof.

3. RocketsTerps

RocketsTerps Member

Very happy we didn't trade T.J. Or D-Mo. We will be able to keep Dwights minutes down when he returns. All we need is improved point guard play.

4. Batman Jones

Batman Jones Contributing Member

To me it looks like he's being careful to let the defense make its move so he can make his. He used to play more impatiently (D-Mo too) and I think they've both worked on slowing down just a little. He used to make a lot more mistakes. D-Mo too. If either of them is playing in slow motion I'd say it's serving them well.

I don't think his brain is lagging at all though. He has a good basketball IQ and he's making better and better decisions. The sky's the limit with this guy.

5. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

Awww welcome back the voice of reason. Well said Batman Jones.

6. atwood

atwood Member

Considering the blocks he made, even again CP3, there is no lagging of neural circuit reflection for sure:grin:

7. RudyT43

RudyT43 Member

I remember bill saying he had increased his bench in his time off, so I was like "ok cool, another stupid bill worrel observation". But man, he is so right. Check out highlights of him in the clippers game vs the Portland series, the man has gotten considerably bigger which is a big asset now.

8. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I know they are hesitant to try it, but I would love to see a big lineup with Smith and Jones at the SF-PF...

Just for fun and my amusement. :)

9. meadowlark

meadowlark Member

Ask Detroit how that worked out for them. I love Josh...but NOT at SF...and TJones looks to be even worse at SF. They are both great players around the paint.

1 person likes this.
  10. joxford

joxford Member

Dude is out there blocking multiple jumpers and you think his brain is lagging? That would probably make him psychic.

1 person likes this.
  11. stipendlax

stipendlax Member

Brooklyn is a bunch of bums. Do your thing, T. Jones!

12. nolimitnp

nolimitnp Contributing Member

I love watching him block jump shots!

13. Rocket2008

Rocket2008 Member

And yet another awesome performance, bringing his averages since the ASB to:

15 PPG
    10.6 RBPG
    3 BPG

14. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

His overall game is improving which is very welcome indeed. I liked his short left and right handed hook shots and his upper and under move against the Nets. I have seen the left handed hook shot before, but not the other stuff. Hitting clutch free throws was something new too.

Go Terrence Go!

15. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

Jones is ballin right now

16. jjc1

jjc1 Member

TJones is probably our best finisher around the basket. He made most of those shots within 3 feet of the basket even with couple of taller defenders around him.

DMo has better post up skills but he is not as good as TJones on finishing around the basket.

17. solodolo11

solodolo11 Member

Soooo happy he's back and impressed at the level he's playing at. I really hope this doesn't affect DMo's confidence, especially when Howard returns.

Side note: I like the lineup of Pablo and Bev because with Pablo at the point, I feel like Bev can focus on his pestering D and get into people's faces. Maybe it's just me, but when Bev is with Harden he tries to do more point duties but with Pablo it's like he doesn't have to focus on it as much. Again, maybe it's just me, but i feel like i haven't seen Bev play that aggressively In a while. I Hope that makes sense lol

18. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

As a starter this season (7 games) TJones is averaging 16PPG, 9RPG & 2 BPG with .558FG%. That's pretty good for a player that just turned 23 a month ago.

19. PhiSlamma15

PhiSlamma15 Member

BINGO!

20. basketballholic

TJones is a great finisher/garbage man. Just don't ask him to shoot the ball outside of 3 feet from the rim.